• Jul 27th, 2020 1:10 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2011
433 posts
402 upvotes
Cambridge, ON

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM Impact Torque Sticks, 10-pc - $79.99

Torque sticks on sale...
Last edited by Blustreak on Jul 24th, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
14 replies
Apr 15, 2015
196 posts
102 upvotes
Markham, ON
It would be very useful if you could include the price in the title.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2011
433 posts
402 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Done
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7568 posts
1535 upvotes
Toronto
I just need an 80 ft.-lbs. stick for my lug nuts. Anyone only need the bigger sizes, I'd be happy to split a set.

Located in central east Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1289 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
Torque sticks only work good for air tools, you wouldn't want to use a Torque stick with an electric impact gun.
Jul 22, 2015
819 posts
1651 upvotes
Toronto, ON
purebluejapan wrote: Torque sticks only work good for air tools, you wouldn't want to use a Torque stick with an electric impact gun.
Yeah heard about this
Something to do with the electric impacts not giving out the same torque specs with lower charged batteries.

With that being said, I would always recommend using a Torque wrench after the sticks anyways as they are more of a guideline and not really made for accuracy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5485 posts
1075 upvotes
Bought these a few years back and only used it once.

Since you should finish with a torque wrench anyways, it's not saving any time vs using an impact on lowest setting then finishing with torque wrench.

My lowest setting on my impact tightens around to 60ish ft-lbs then I finish with torque wrench.
Feb 26, 2018
204 posts
227 upvotes
Superjester wrote: Yeah heard about this
Something to do with the electric impacts not giving out the same torque specs with lower charged batteries.
Wouldn't that be true of air guns if a homegamer was using a small compressor that was on the lower end of the psi or gpm spec for the gun?
Jul 22, 2015
819 posts
1651 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ryankay wrote: u
Wouldn't that be true of air guns if a homegamer was using a small compressor that was on the lower end of the psi or gpm spec for the gun?
l

probably the same idea. To be fair, I would only recommend these if you were a professional Tire changer banging on tires every hour with the gun on the highest setting and need a guideline as to not overtight.

Otherwise... Use a low setting and Torque wrench
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
5481 posts
3883 upvotes
LaLaLand
OP, I upvoted because of your signature! Plus I had no idea such a thing as torque sticks existed. I was hoping for something like this,
Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 8.36.02 AM.png
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1289 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
Ryankay wrote: Wouldn't that be true of air guns if a homegamer was using a small compressor that was on the lower end of the psi or gpm spec for the gun?
Yup, same idea. If you use a small compressor that doesn't output the right amount of SCFM your tools will be operating super weirdly especially when it comes down to getting the accurate torque with these sticks.
Apr 4, 2013
242 posts
230 upvotes
Montr
purebluejapan wrote: Torque sticks only work good for air tools, you wouldn't want to use a Torque stick with an electric impact gun.

I beg to differ with my 700 ft/lbs electric dewalt...
Nov 5, 2018
419 posts
384 upvotes
My Milwaukee torch wrench can put out 500 ftlbs of torque on a battery.... Battery technology has come a long way and the power the battery is doesn't effect the performance of the tool anymore...

I use the princess auto brand torque sticks and checked the torque sticks many times with a DeWalt torque wrench. They do the job just ensure the torque stick stops spinning and you're good
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1289 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
Ferinthu1 wrote: My Milwaukee torch wrench can put out 500 ftlbs of torque on a battery.... Battery technology has come a long way and the power the battery is doesn't effect the performance of the tool anymore...

I use the princess auto brand torque sticks and checked the torque sticks many times with a DeWalt torque wrench. They do the job just ensure the torque stick stops spinning and you're good
Inaccurate, I have a M18 Milwaukee Fuel with the PrincessAuto torque sticks and I still trust my torque wrench far more.