Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

MAXIMUM Push Button Tongue & Groove Pliers, 12-in, $20; other MAXIMUM pliers also on sale

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1254 posts
5292 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM Push Button Tongue & Groove Pliers, 12-in, $20; other MAXIMUM pliers also on sale

MAXIMUM Push Button Tongue & Groove Pliers, 12-in, $20

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... p.html#srp

Features:
  • MAXIMUM Push Button Tongue and Groove Pliers features a push button design for quick release or locking
  • V-shaped jaw design grips a variety of shapes
  • 8 or 10 position adjustments
  • Ideal for gripping and holding pipes, and angular profiles
  • Soft vinyl grip for better control and comfort
  • Oil- and solvent-resistant handles
  • Bright colour tips for easy identification in toolbox
  • Size: 12" (30.4 cm)

The 10'' one is selling for $17
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... p.html#srp

I have the 10'' one and used it to get my kitchen faucet fixed. It is a well-built and high-quality tool. The 12'' one should have more leverage.

Review is quite good. 10'' version is 4.8 of 5 with 13 reviews. 12'' version is 4.7 of 5 with 7 reviews.

Quite a few other well-reviewed MAXIMUM pliers and pliers set are on sale too. See link below:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search-r ... -promotion
Last edited by qfli78 on May 15th, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14247 posts
9021 upvotes
Markham
There's look like channel lock pliers to me.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Sep 2, 2005
776 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
These look like wannabe knipex cobras to me.

Anyone try them out vs the knipex?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1254 posts
5292 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: There's look like channel lock pliers to me.
They are similar tools. Reviews of ChannelLock pliers are very good too, but I have not tried them.

These pliers are indeed "Ideal for gripping and holding pipes, and angular profiles".
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1254 posts
5292 upvotes
zaius wrote: These look like wannabe knipex cobras to me.

Anyone try them out vs the knipex?
Not sure about differences of their performance. Price of the Maximum one is much lower and it works well for my application.
May 6, 2016
329 posts
109 upvotes
Whitby
soupmaster666 wrote: Brand-name Channellock pliers (they basically invented this tool hence the name) are periodically on sale, including this from just a few weeks ago:

home-depot-princess-auto-channellocks-4 ... 0-2458146/

Since the price difference is so tiny (or sometimes nonexistance) I'd recommend them or maybe Irwin before I'd say risk store brand. You don't want a 12 inch tool with sloppy tolerances or middling workmanship.
What are the channellock warranties like? Most of my hand tools are craftsman or Mastercraft. Sears used to have a great warranty, walk in with a broken tool and walk out with a brand new one or equivalent. I have had pretty much the same experience with Mastercraft. Socket wrenches and tape measures go over time and no issues exchanging for new at CT. Power tools are all milwaukee and their repair facilities have been good as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1254 posts
5292 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote:
Since the price difference is so tiny (or sometimes nonexistance) I'd recommend them or maybe Irwin before I'd say risk store brand. You don't want a 12 inch tool with sloppy tolerances or middling workmanship.
Based on my experience and the reviews I see, I don't think there is much risk with MAXIMUM branded pliers. They are high-quality tools and they have life-time warranty.

Quite a few other MAXIMUM pliers and pliers set are also on sale. Updated OP to mention them as well.
Mar 20, 2017
353 posts
706 upvotes
I have a few Channellock and a few Maximum pliers a coupe Irwin and Fatmax. The Maximum pliers are well made and have tight tolerances and are a huge step up from regular Mastercraft. They are 95% as good as the Channellock and when on sale are a fantastic deal. Just based on quality, I'd rank them Chanellock, Maximum, Fatmax, then Irwin

Can't comment on knipex as I'm not that rich. LOL
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12634 posts
11461 upvotes
CT is good on their lifetime warranty without a receipt. I took a MAXIMUM breaker bar to the customer service. I was told to get another one before saying anything or showing what is wrong.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17016 posts
7354 upvotes
Perfect for the DIYer. The Maximum are a step up and come with a lifetime warranty. Reviews seems pretty solid. I'm going to check them out myself if I can get to CT.