• Trimmable design for custom fit
  • Two-piece set includes two front all-weather mats
  • Exclusive to Canadian Tire
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
Just putting this out there that these are super dangerous if used incorrectly (like pretty much 90% of the ones I've seen are). Find a way to utilize the OEM anchors (or find another way to anchor them) and trim them to fit if you must use these.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1714 posts
678 upvotes
The Capital
kimwoobingsu wrote: Just putting this out there that these are super dangerous if used incorrectly (like pretty much 90% of the ones I've seen are). Find a way to utilize the OEM anchors (or find another way to anchor them) and trim them to fit if you must use these.
True, but this is RFD. People will NOT willingly spend 135$ for a PAIR of weathertech mats, or 220$ for a set of Huskyliners...Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Nov 16, 2015
734 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mmagda wrote: True, but this is RFD. People will NOT willingly spend 135$ for a PAIR of weathertech mats, or 220$ for a set of Huskyliners...Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
from previous weathertech / MAXpider / findway threads you would be surprised.

Disclosure i have the MAXpider and really like them. They are currently on sale now via Costco

https://www.costco.ca/3d-maxpider-mat-c ... 67254.html
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
mmagda wrote: True, but this is RFD. People will NOT willingly spend 135$ for a PAIR of weathertech mats, or 220$ for a set of Huskyliners...Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
I used to be in that crowd, until I had a job where I would have to drive other people's cars. I went from being mildly annoyed to being absolutely furious when someone's mats were bundled up under their brakes or gas pedal not only making their cars more difficult to drive, but also far more dangerous. I would complain to the service advisor, but I doubt they even mentioned anything to the customers.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7826 posts
4623 upvotes
West GTEH!
That's true: people don't want to pay a lot for car mats. i.e. Weathertech, Husky, etc. I was one of these people, cheap out on mats.
But it was very annoying when water/snow/salt/dirt would spill over the mat edges (Pantsavers) and get the carpet soaked & dirty.
I swore for my next vehicle I would invest in better mats. I got Tux mats and have not regretted it.

Another option: Findway mats are not too bad, @$100/set. Depending on your vehicle.
😎
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15161 posts
6230 upvotes
RFD
I paid full price for complete set Weathertech for my vehicle. Best money spent. Some things you have to pay for quality that will last a lifetime. Some things you can be cheap on and save money. I don't know how I kept buying universal mats for my previous vehicles that never fit properly and would shift around. Likewise I will never go back to universal.

I've started to learn through the years its better to buy quality the first time around than to save money and buy multiple cheap items and having problems/annoyances with it and having to try other cheap products to see if they are better etc. By the time I ended up with something I was happy with, I could have used the money to buy one quality product the first time around. Would have saved time and money. Now for most things I buy quality the first time around.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2203 posts
1253 upvotes
Vancouver
kimwoobingsu wrote: Just putting this out there that these are super dangerous if used incorrectly (like pretty much 90% of the ones I've seen are). Find a way to utilize the OEM anchors (or find another way to anchor them) and trim them to fit if you must use these.
Agree man. I bought similar universal mats like these where you trim the edges to make them fit back when I didn't know any better. They keep on sliding around under your feet often sliding under the gas/brake/clutch pedal. Many times I'd have to reach down and adjust the mats while I was driving lol. Also these mats do a terrible job of keeping runoff in the mat area. Water/salt always runoff the edges and onto the carpeting underneath.

Now I spend the money and get Weathtechs mats for the front, rear and trunk for both our cars like others have said these things pay themselves off in the long run.