Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Michelin Premium Tire Totes $19.93 YMMV?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2015 10:22 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9707 posts
7403 upvotes
Kootenays

[Canadian Tire] Michelin Premium Tire Totes $19.93 YMMV?

Unadvertised sale at my local CT. Regular $39.99, I just bought a box of 4 for $19.93. It's not in the flyer and shows full price on the website. I've been waiting since last winter for this. These are very good totes..

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/autom ... #pd-footer
Images
32 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3229 posts
1860 upvotes
Mississauga
smacd wrote: Unadvertised sale at my local CT. Regular $39.99, I just bought a box of 4 for $19.93. It's not in the flyer and shows full price on the website. I've been waiting since last winter for this. These are very good totes..

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/autom ... #pd-footer
Michelin Premium Tire Tote
5 out of 5
Write / Read(4)
Open Ratings Snapshot
This product is discontinued

hmmm....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9707 posts
7403 upvotes
Kootenays
mau_mau wrote: Michelin Premium Tire Tote
5 out of 5
Write / Read(4)
Open Ratings Snapshot
This product is discontinued

hmmm....
There were 2 in stock at my store...but I'm a long way from Mississauga!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3525 posts
237 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Which store was it?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
When I bought mine 2 years ago I think, they were on sale for $21.99, it was a no brainer. I picked up 3. Still have 2 BNIB sitting in garage still.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3190 posts
1624 upvotes
Ottawa
These are good if you keep your tires vertical. If you stack them horizontal and you don't get the tightest fit possible, you can't pull it up by the handle, you gotta grip the whole tire.
Still makes carrying them cleaner.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1421 posts
507 upvotes
Why are they discounting this product? If it ain't broke don't f---ing discontinue it.

These are seriously the best wheel covers you can get.

I would be buying my second set if I could find some.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7394 posts
3985 upvotes
West GTEH!
Costco sells similar tire totes. Can't remember the price and not sure if they are in-stock. Saw them in-store a month ago.
😎
Oct 25, 2001
878 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
Saw the similar ones at Costco yesterday. They were about $32 for the set of 4. Too bad none of these completely cover the tire+wheel. I would still keep them sealed completely, then using these, when storing.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2710 posts
2590 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote: Saw the similar ones at Costco yesterday. They were about $32 for the set of 4. Too bad none of these completely cover the tire+wheel. I would still keep them sealed completely, then using these, when storing.
Your reason for keeping them completely sealed?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1311 posts
1076 upvotes
Vancouver
Chewfam wrote: Your reason for keeping them completely sealed?
helps reduce the oils evaporating from the rubber, hence extending it's lifespan.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9707 posts
7403 upvotes
Kootenays
Miguel Sánchez wrote: Saw the similar ones at Costco yesterday. They were about $32 for the set of 4. Too bad none of these completely cover the tire+wheel. I would still keep them sealed completely, then using these, when storing.
You can also buy felts to cover your wheels http://www.kurgo.com/kurgo-categories/a ... pack-of-4/
I find if I store them properly, I never have issues with alloy to alloy contact. I never have a problem taking them off the stack with the handle, either. I've used them with my 19" Venza wheels for 6 yrs/11 change overs now.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2710 posts
2590 upvotes
a_dee wrote: helps reduce the oils evaporating from the rubber, hence extending it's lifespan.
Makes sense.

Do you guys also clean the tire with soap/water and let it completely dry before placing it in the bag? Vacuum tight the bag?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9707 posts
7403 upvotes
Kootenays
a_dee wrote: helps reduce the oils evaporating from the rubber, hence extending it's lifespan.
Is this really a problem for most users? Most tires wear out from usage.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1311 posts
1076 upvotes
Vancouver
smacd wrote: Is this really a problem for most users? Most tires wear out from usage.
winter tires tend to get less mileage depending on your region, so in this case, you want to keep the oil in the rubber compound. Any tire that's dried out regardless of wear becomes useless.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1311 posts
1076 upvotes
Vancouver
smacd wrote: You can also buy felts to cover your wheels http://www.kurgo.com/kurgo-categories/a ... pack-of-4/
I find if I store them properly, I never have issues with alloy to alloy contact. I never have a problem taking them off the stack with the handle, either. I've used them with my 19" Venza wheels for 6 yrs/11 change overs now.
CT is clearing out michelin felt covers for $12.93. YMMV, but I picked up a set yesterday in Richmond BC, still had 5 sets left.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/automotiv ... 2013p.html