Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Michelin Premium Tire Totes $19.93 YMMV?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2015 10:22 am
Jan 30, 2010
389 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
I have these tire bags and must say, they're a steal if you can find them. Makes lugging tires a hell of a lot easier.
Dec 12, 2011
104 posts
52 upvotes
mississauga
I have 2 cars. One of them is a gm. Anytime i need to store my winter tires somewhere i just ask the gm employees to give me tire bags(white plastic bags that are a bit thicker than regular garbage bags). I ask once in a while when i get my oil change done. But i think the ops post is still a good deal
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6181 posts
3009 upvotes
Cornwall PE
a_dee wrote: helps reduce the oils evaporating from the rubber, hence extending it's lifespan.
Ok.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Jan 30, 2010
389 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
kray wrote: I have 2 cars. One of them is a gm. Anytime i need to store my winter tires somewhere i just ask the gm employees to give me tire bags(white plastic bags that are a bit thicker than regular garbage bags). I ask once in a while when i get my oil change done. But i think the ops post is still a good deal
Can't beat free. If you get these bags though, you'll appreciate how easy it is too move wheels around. I used to do the white bag thing, not anymore!
Dec 16, 2007
213 posts
25 upvotes
Regina
Chewfam wrote: Makes sense.

Do you guys also clean the tire with soap/water and let it completely dry before placing it in the bag? Vacuum tight the bag?
I also massage them completely then cover them in baby oil.....
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes
Richmond Hill North is full price.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
cactus789 wrote: I also massage them completely then cover them in baby oil.....

Yeah me too. :lol: I also play calm whale mating music to keep them happy. Its a frigging tire. Making sure they're completely sealed so oils aren't gone... :facepalm: like how were they storing tires 50 years ago. Friggin hippies lol
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1585 posts
1097 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
djemzine wrote: Richmond Hill North is full price.
You talking about the felts or the totes? It show Richmond Hill North have no stock of the totes, and I just bought a set of the felt at the High Tech/Hwy 7 store for $12.93
Jan 5, 2015
189 posts
246 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Oils evaporating from a rubber tire??? Are you guys nuts???
It would have to be 25+ years old for anything to happen to rubber.
They're made to be driven at -50 to + 50C under cars weighing thousands of pounds over gravel, dirt, concrete and asphalt roads.
If you get these it's for convenience and cause they look nice stacked. That's it.
I got a set for my Lexus with the Lexus logo on it cause they looked cool in my garage and I had 80$ to burn.
Oils.... Hilarious.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes
Feb30th wrote: You talking about the felts or the totes? It show Richmond Hill North have no stock of the totes, and I just bought a set of the felt at the High Tech/Hwy 7 store for $12.93
Totes. The main product in question.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9416 posts
7664 upvotes
Kitchener
smacd wrote: Is this really a problem for most users? Most tires wear out from usage.
I never seem to wear out tires faster than they can dry rot. I do drive a lot (30,000km per year) but also swap tires at least twice a year. They always seem to crack long before the treadlife is low.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6181 posts
3009 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Attard1978 wrote: Oils evaporating from a rubber tire??? Are you guys nuts???
It would have to be 25+ years old for anything to happen to rubber.
They're made to be driven at -50 to + 50C under cars weighing thousands of pounds over gravel, dirt, concrete and asphalt roads.
If you get these it's for convenience and cause they look nice stacked. That's it.
I got a set for my Lexus with the Lexus logo on it cause they looked cool in my garage and I had 80$ to burn.
Oils.... Hilarious.
+1
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Mar 24, 2015
40 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
these are great been using them for quite some time