Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Milk Frother $3.99 (save 60%)

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 10:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1316 posts
1746 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Milk Frother $3.99 (save 60%)

• Milk Frother brings a coffeehouse feel to your hot beverages
  • Portable, handheld electric foam maker
  • Safe and easy to clean
  • Place coil in beverage while keeping the whisk and handle dry

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/milk ... p.html#srp
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 25th, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
47 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1010 posts
2190 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Junk
Care to explain why? I was in the coffee business for years and we sold this exact model, it was pretty decent.

If you just say "Junk" because you compare it to a $100 milk frother, then you are ignorant.. they are totally different products..
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1993 posts
420 upvotes
Burlington
I saw this and wanted it but couldn't bring myself to order it for curb side pickup by itself. Nothing else I want from CTC. *first world covid problems*
Oct 27, 2008
984 posts
173 upvotes
Look like a perfect candidate for Dalgona Coffee LOL
Apr 18, 2017
684 posts
1333 upvotes
Better off just using a cheap French press to froth. The motors in these die so quickly and easily
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10352 posts
6821 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: Care to explain why? I was in the coffee business for years and we sold this exact model, it was pretty decent.

If you just say "Junk" because you compare it to a $100 milk frother, then you are ignorant.. they are totally different products..
There are some things in the world that shouldn't exist just because they're cheap...or should exist just because they're expensive. (Whether we're talking about this product or otherwise)

e.g.

Maybe you can inform us on whether the OP frother is any good? (Though maybe I'm assuming 'selling it' equates to some degree of usage experience)

(i.e. If it's junk, state why so. If it's good, state why so. Just because it's a "product", it doesn't mean it's automatically useful until "proven otherwise".)

(p.s. What is the 'model' of this? There's no brand name, UPC...etc)

Here's a video of a (visually) similar frother:

A comparison:
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3115 posts
1010 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Would this beat an egg or is it too fast or under powered?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1010 posts
2190 upvotes
chatbox wrote: There are some things in the world that shouldn't exist just because they're cheap...or should exist just because they're expensive. (Whether we're talking about this product or otherwise)

e.g.

Maybe you can inform us on whether the OP frother is any good? (Though maybe I'm assuming 'selling it' equates to some degree of usage experience)

(i.e. If it's junk, state why so. If it's good, state why so. Just because it's a "product", it doesn't mean it's automatically useful until "proven otherwise".)

(p.s. What is the 'model' of this? There's no brand name, UPC...etc)

Here's a video of a (visually) similar frother:

A comparison:
Lol, I used to have this machine in my shop (it is NOT an "Aldi Albiano" or whatever- it's a rebrand)
This is a $175-200 usd (and not 300eu/350usd as the video suggest) machine. It's known as the cheapest semi-automatic thermoblock brewer with grinder.. Why should it not exist is beyond my mind, as you can still pull decent shot of it.
We had 2-3 in our repair shop. We were buying them for parts because customer came with those for repair but no parts are sold separately. Mind you, MANY Breville part will work in this machine (and even improve it's quality..)

Back to the frother, keep in mind most peoples drink cheap coffee. They don't need warm frothed milk in their instant-coffee coffee. This frother will froth just fine, it's easy to clean, and it also serve other purpose (whipping eggs, mixing hot chocolate..)
Thanks OP, bought 25!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10352 posts
6821 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: Lol, I used to have this machine in my shop (it is NOT an "Aldi Albiano" or whatever- it's a rebrand)
This is a $175-200 usd (and not 300eu/350usd as the video suggest) machine. It's known as the cheapest semi-automatic thermoblock brewer with grinder.. Why should it not exist is beyond my mind, as you can still pull decent shot of it.
We had 2-3 in our repair shop. We were buying them for parts because customer came with those for repair but no parts are sold separately. Mind you, MANY Breville part will work in this machine (and even improve it's quality..)

Back to the frother, keep in mind most peoples drink cheap coffee. They don't need warm frothed milk in their instant-coffee coffee. This frother will froth just fine, it's easy to clean, and it also serve other purpose (whipping eggs, mixing hot chocolate..)
It's how much Aldi UK is selling it:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/espresso-machine ... 2327025400

The frother, is it a brushless motor? If not, how long can we expect the motor to last?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1010 posts
2190 upvotes
chatbox wrote: It's how much Aldi UK is selling it:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/espresso-machine ... 2327025400
After a quick google search, company can buy them for as low as $150 usd in bulk, (a company like Aldi that get it modified a little bit with a logo and buy them in huge quantity probably pay like $100 a piece..)
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 70705.html
Might or might not be 100% this one, but from a quick glance I'm pretty sure it is.
Refer the the video in the listing for a slightly different model that has a white gauge, no logo under the gauge, and square grinder. 100% is the same, and most likely the one Aldi buy.
Last edited by InvaIid on Apr 26th, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks OP, bought 25!
Dec 26, 2011
97 posts
100 upvotes
GTA
I had this, tried to use it beat egg whites and milk. Once the liquids get too thick it can’t spin anymore.
Nov 13, 2014
482 posts
463 upvotes
Westmount, QC
I own the one from Ikea since 2016 or 2017 and it's still going strong.
Feb 25, 2009
514 posts
222 upvotes
Got something similar at London drugs few weeks ago for 12$. Yes over paid but was desperate. Great little gadget to mix drinks. Great for making foam top drinks.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1578 posts
321 upvotes
North York
Canadian Tire curb side pick is the worse haha...
I made two phone orders and one online order.
The online order was cancelled even though the item I ordered had hundreds in stock at time of order and the two phone orders... well, I never heard back.

Home Depot curb side pick up is very organized and I had an excellent experience.
Dec 12, 2014
21 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have one of these (10 years old, slightly different model) and it’s great at mixing home-made salad dressing. Great deal for this price IMO.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4514 posts
1482 upvotes
Vancouver
After having a couple of these hot deal units fail within 2 to 4 months, used 3 times a day for no more than 20 seconds each time, I decided to roll my own. No batteries required and 30,000 rpm instantly! I now froth in a tall vase, never longer than 3 seconds. ;)