• Nov 15th, 2017 6:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1123 posts
71 upvotes
Here

[Canadian Tire] Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil 4.4L Jug 40% Off

Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, 4.4L jug for $31.19 to $35.99 plus enviro fees and taxes.

From what I saw at the local CT store, the following grades, all weights and viscosites, are on sale,

European Car Formula
Advanced Fuel Economy
High Mileage
Extended Performance
Last edited by batcave on Oct 21st, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Dec 29, 2016
25 posts
66 upvotes
Polymertank wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:31 pm
Was on sale for $25 during the anniversary sale
What does that really do for ppl who could use oil now though and missed the sale? By your logic, only deals that are the lowest sale price ever should be posted, there wouldn't be much activity in the forum.
Maybe you just want to contribute to a thread but don't know how? Maybe you just want to see a post from yourself, I dunno.

Thanks op, bought two
Apr 20, 2003
73 posts
64 upvotes
Whitby
Thenerdmon wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 11:35 am
What does that really do for ppl who could use oil now though and missed the sale? By your logic, only deals that are the lowest sale price ever should be posted, there wouldn't be much activity in the forum.
Maybe you just want to contribute to a thread but don't know how? Maybe you just want to see a post from yourself, I dunno.

Thanks op, bought two
I don't think that does anything for people that want it now and missed the sale. But it's also good to know what the prices were at one point so you have an idea of the sales price range for the oil, wouldn't you agree?

thanks Polymertank.
Feb 26, 2016
447 posts
73 upvotes
amazon wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 11:43 am
I don't think that does anything for people that want it now and missed the sale. But it's also good to know what the prices were at one point so you have an idea of the sales price range for the oil, wouldn't you agree?

thanks Polymertank.
agreed. thanks Polymertank. this helps for people like myself who are willing to wait because we still have some oil in stock. I normally buy it when it's lower and it's good to know if it's been priced lower before.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1123 posts
71 upvotes
Here
otaknap wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:00 pm
agreed. thanks Polymertank. this helps for people like myself who are willing to wait because we still have some oil in stock. I normally buy it when it's lower and it's good to know if it's been priced lower before.
Lol how much stock of oil do you have? You must drive a lot or own several cars or have a well stocked garage!

I own two cars and only change the oil twice on one and once per year on the other. I only buy as needed because having $200 sitting on a shelf in my garage is a waste of money. I wouldn't buy it in bulk, as it's always cheap somewhere like Walmart. $30 is reasonable but I wouldn't pay $50 for it.

BTW, US$23 is the regular price for Mobil 1 at Walmart in the US, where I normally buy my oil.
Aug 18, 2017
39 posts
22 upvotes
otaknap wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:00 pm
Same here. I usually stock up on engine oil when CT or PA has decent sale and I believe some RFDers do the same thing. So if people don't need the oil now, maybe just wait and there's always better price several times a year or sometimes they have rebate which brings the price even lower.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1026 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
I bought 4.4L Mobile Extended variation as well from Partsource (0W-20) yesterday so if your local Canadian Tire is out of stock, try Partsource. I believe their sale is on til the 26th of October.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1123 posts
71 upvotes
Here
mzkaye729 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:57 pm
I bought 4.4L Mobile Extended variation as well from Partsource (0W-20) yesterday so if your local Canadian Tire is out of stock, try Partsource. I believe their sale is on til the 26th of October.
I assume same price at PS? (as they are owned by CTC)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15783 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
batcave wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:49 pm
Lol how much stock of oil do you have? You must drive a lot or own several cars or have a well stocked garage!

I own two cars and only change the oil twice on one and once per year on the other. I only buy as needed because having $200 sitting on a shelf in my garage is a waste of money. I wouldn't buy it in bulk, as it's always cheap somewhere like Walmart. $30 is reasonable but I wouldn't pay $50 for it.

BTW, US$23 is the regular price for Mobil 1 at Walmart in the US, where I normally buy my oil.
I currently have 10 jugs of various synthetic oil brands from sales and 12 oil filters.
My best score, was 7 jugs in one purchase from a few years ago, when the Formula 1 synthetic was on sale for $17.
Jul 6, 2016
51 posts
26 upvotes
Thenerdmon wrote:

Thanks op, bought two
I found polymertank's comment to be useful. It told me the oil was priced well good enough to buy but not to stock up on.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1026 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
Yes, same price. Sorry, should have mentioned that.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1098 posts
248 upvotes
Scarborough
Thenerdmon wrote:

Thanks op, bought two
actually i thought that post with the previous sale price to be useful. earlier in the summer i saw a similar sale and thought to be a great price and bought 3 jugs (8 gallons for 1 oil change). i didn't really notice pricing of motor oil prices previous to my purchase, but now have seen a 40% off about 3 times since and down to $25 about once. while it is still a great price, especially if you need some now, at least it gives an indication of prices and how often they go on sale. until we have a camelx3 for crappy tire, historical prices will come in handy.
Dec 29, 2016
25 posts
66 upvotes
Lol most sales are not at the historically lowest price it's ever been, there can usually be a better sale had at some point, that goes for most products. I see it more as thread bashing bc it's not the lowest price it's ever been and someone is taking merit away from the current sale thread and steering ppl away cause at one point, it was a few dollars cheaper. There is no idea when/if it will ever be as low as $25 a jug, and part of me hopes you guys run out and it's regular price, then u can thank buddi for steering you clear of this sale bc it's not the cheapest it's ever been! Or you can hop in your time machine and grab it for $25 Lol
Dec 29, 2016
25 posts
66 upvotes
Polymertank wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:31 pm
Was on sale for $25 during the anniversary sale
I see this comment telling ppl to not buy any bc it isn't a good deal, bc it was once cheaper during their anniversary sale. No one knows if it'll ever be that cheap again, and ppl like yourselves will not buy cause it was once on sale cheaper; very useful!