[Canadian Tire] Mobil 1 synthetic oil 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 12:37 pm
Jan 13, 2012
350 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
DealCanuck wrote: Myth, it doesn’t matter as long as it meets specs

Btw there is only a handful of engine oil makers, this one is made by the same company that makes many OEM oils

Warren Lubricants
I don't see it on the list of VW spec oils: https://www.carworklog.com/stuff/Oilchart.pdf

And it isn't on others either. I'm not disagreeing with it being fine oil, possibly the exact same formulation as some approved oils (Some of the CT oils are relabeled Pennzoil and go so far as to show that they're made with Shell technology.)

I'm warning people to do their due diligence and consider that this is possibly warranty voiding - Not worth saving $10 on a brand new car.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9634 posts
815 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought some 0W16 for my wife's Rav4, first time I have seen it on sale. Usually just the popular weights
Last edited by XxXSnake23XxX on Sep 16th, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFD 42-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Nov 24, 2012
311 posts
119 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
fakejordan wrote: Can you mixed different brand engine oil? Castrol, Mobil 1, Kirkland? or do you need to stick with one brand?
You could but not the greatest idea.
May 16, 2012
168 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga/Toronto
dicecube wrote: Wasn't this $22 or 23 a couple years back? I still have tons of oil stocked up.

Question, how many years does unopened oil last?
Lots of debate on Bob is the Oil Guy site. But anywhere from 3 - 5 years. If you have large of a supply then I'm impressed!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5127 posts
2953 upvotes
M-Arkham
ellisd wrote: How often do these 50% sales happen on motor oil at canadiantire approx?
At least twice a month, different brands every time, all of them will get cycled around at least once every 3 month, sot you can guarantee that mobil1 will get a 50% at least once every 3 month
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Nov 18, 2017
31 posts
48 upvotes
ellisd wrote: How often do these 50% sales happen on motor oil at canadiantire approx?
I’ve bought pennzoil, Castrol edge, at 50%+ from cdn tire within the last year. Will probably grab this tomorrow. Seems like at least every 6mo or so.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2434 posts
1666 upvotes
Prince George
Fairly often, but there is also a bonus 16% CT money event this week which sweetens the deal this time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5722 posts
2265 upvotes
Canuckland
chris5555 wrote: I don't see it on the list of VW spec oils: https://www.carworklog.com/stuff/Oilchart.pdf

And it isn't on others either. I'm not disagreeing with it being fine oil, possibly the exact same formulation as some approved oils (Some of the CT oils are relabeled Pennzoil and go so far as to show that they're made with Shell technology.)

I'm warning people to do their due diligence and consider that this is possibly warranty voiding - Not worth saving $10 on a brand new car.
Of course not, if they don’t have the German grade 0w40 or 5w40 then you’re not going to find it.
Dec 9, 2017
157 posts
327 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Good deal but the Kirkland brand is still a better deal
Had no idea, thank you, kind stranger. It meets or exceed ILSAC GF-5 which I need for my car. Sweet price and also made by Warren. Cool stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7053 posts
1115 upvotes
Toronto
dicecube wrote: Wasn't this $22 or 23 a couple years back? I still have tons of oil stocked up.

Question, how many years does unopened oil last?
Well it already lasted a few million years in the ground without any problem ..
Feb 17, 2009
9 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
chris5555 wrote: I don't see it on the list of VW spec oils: https://www.carworklog.com/stuff/Oilchart.pdf

505 is the old spec which the EPS is not listed for... I believe thats the non DPF diesels but not sure..

the newer ones I know want 507 which the EPS is listed for... and Mobil lists it as being backwards compatible with 505
Dec 28, 2018
23 posts
5 upvotes
The website is showing regular price on all mobil1 grades for me.

Can anybody confirm 0w40 is on sale as well?
Last edited by FledRag on Sep 17th, 2020 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2020
4 posts
6 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Good deal but the Kirkland brand is still a better deal
As is Walmart supertech for those of us who don’t shop at Costco.

Also meets Dexos gen 2
Jan 13, 2012
350 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
Angus.Young wrote: 505 is the old spec which the EPS is not listed for... I believe thats the non DPF diesels but not sure..

the newer ones I know want 507 which the EPS is listed for... and Mobil lists it as being backwards compatible with 505
Most fluids are backwards compatible for VAG cars, such as the last 3ish gens of coolant as well as oil certs. Obviously best to check your manual as well as the physical jug to make sure that the approval is indeed there.
Aug 19, 2004
808 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
thx op

bought it

their oil filters for synthetic oil is also on sale at this time