• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2021 7:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7333 posts
8029 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] MotoMaster 12V Direct Drive Inflator Max 120 PSI, $79.99 now $49.99

Looking for a 12V tire inflator when I came across this unit.
Has anyone purchased this unit?
Can this be used to inflate Toyota Highlander SUV stock tires?

MotoMaster 12V Direct Drive Inflator, 3-Minute
*Was $69.99
$49.99

FEATURES
  • MotoMaster 12V Direct Drive Inflator features a powerful motor with rapid inflation
  • Inflates a P195/65 R15 size tire from 0 to 30 PSI in 3 minutes
  • Three LED work light makes it easy to locate tire valves when working in the dark
  • Digital gauge with pre-set function
  • Auto shut-off feature stops inflation when desired pressure is reached
  • Heavy-duty carrying handle with soft grip
  • Maximum air pressure of 120 PSI
  • This product carries a 1 year exchange warranty redeemable in-store.

StockTrack: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0095067
17 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10042 posts
5015 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Doesn’t have good reviews
Telus Peace of Mind Plan $45 25GB
Jan 3, 2013
598 posts
231 upvotes
Winnipeg
My parents bought this and it was good for a while. Suddenly for no reason it blows fuses in any vehicle it's used in. Need to take it to the gun range soon to finish it off.
Sep 25, 2015
675 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks. Picked one up for my wife for Mother's Day. I can always count on RFD for last minute gift ideas.
Last edited by RedStrikeCa on May 9th, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 14, 2003
687 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I had the previous version of this for around 8+ years, I just threw it out recently because it developed an internal leak somewhere and was useless.. It held up pretty since I use it fairly often

I replaced it with this when it was on sale: https://www.princessauto.com/en/portabl ... 0008670994 , it's quieter, faster and vibrates less
Sep 17, 2016
14 posts
9 upvotes
Milton, ON
lqplee wrote: I had the previous version of this too but use it rarely. It still stores in my trunk for back up purpose.
After I bought the one in the link below, I would never go back to any other inflators. The one below on sale can go under $50.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001420717
Thanks for the recommendation. I kind of have a phobia of underdeflated tires.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5746 posts
3262 upvotes
Toronto
canada_dry wrote: The prob with cordless is the battery could be dead just when you need the thing! At least if it's 12V you can use your car battery. Plus the ryobi 18V battery doubles the cost overall!
Not when you have other Ryobi tools and batteries. I been using the cordless for a year now. I am satisfied I don't have to look for the car keys and untanglig cig cable. So far, haven't encountered dead roybi battery situation. Even so, I would spend the money to buy another unlike some portable inflators with built in battery.
Jan 2, 2014
69 posts
18 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: Not when you have other Ryobi tools and batteries. I been using the cordless for a year now. I am satisfied I don't have to look for the car keys and untanglig cig cable. So far, haven't encountered dead roybi battery situation. Even so, I would spend the money to buy another unlike some portable inflators with built in battery.
People do not realize the convenience without tangling the cig power cable and the key on the car. With the cost of batteries, portability is added so that you can easy inflate everything without looking for a car. For people have the Ryobi tool, it's a no-brainer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7333 posts
8029 upvotes
Toronto
iSimple wrote: Doesn’t have good reviews
zeon64 wrote: My parents bought this and it was good for a while. Suddenly for no reason it blows fuses in any vehicle it's used in. Need to take it to the gun range soon to finish it off.
afzan wrote: I had the previous version of this for around 8+ years, I just threw it out recently because it developed an internal leak somewhere and was useless.. It held up pretty since I use it fairly often

I replaced it with this when it was on sale: https://www.princessauto.com/en/portabl ... 0008670994 , it's quieter, faster and vibrates less
The reviews discouraged me from buying the MotoMaster unit.

@afzan does the ProPoint unit auto stop at a preset psi?

I will wait for in-store shopping to open before going to Princess Auto.
Feb 2, 2011
400 posts
232 upvotes
New Westminster
peteryorkuca wrote: Not when you have other Ryobi tools and batteries. I been using the cordless for a year now. I am satisfied I don't have to look for the car keys and untanglig cig cable. So far, haven't encountered dead roybi battery situation. Even so, I would spend the money to buy another unlike some portable inflators with built in battery.
Wait for Home Depot Ryob Days - Free Battery event with tool purchase. Most of the Ryobi inflator buyers bought it when it went on sale last September
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
I bought this late 2019 for around this price as well, works great, no complaints.
Live a little
Mar 16, 2018
864 posts
954 upvotes
Hamilton
lqplee wrote: I had the previous version of this too but use it rarely. It still stores in my trunk for back up purpose.
After I bought the one in the link below, I would never go back to any other inflators. The one below on sale can go under $50.

Seconding this, I have the newest model in your link and it works very well. If you have any Ryobi tools, this is the better buy vs a cigarette adapter model. Works great for cars and beach toys. Wait for a Ryobi day sale later this summer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7333 posts
8029 upvotes
Toronto

ownthesky wrote: Seconding this, I have the newest model in your link and it works very well. If you have any Ryobi tools, this is the better buy vs a cigarette adapter model. Works great for cars and beach toys. Wait for a Ryobi day sale later this summer.
Thanks for the Ryobi inflator recommendation.

I prefer an inflator that does not need a battery since this will be kept in the SUV and don't want to be concerned with the battery condition.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7333 posts
8029 upvotes
Toronto
Notified that I got a downvote so, expired this thread.

:rolleyes: