• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2021 1:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Motomaster Eliminator Low Profile Long Reach Jack - $229

Finally pulled the trigger on this Jack. Hesitated the last time it was on sale.

Been wanting to upgrade from my 3 Ton Certified one from CT thats served me well for the past almost 10 years.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/moto ... 0244p.html

Was debating between this one and the Arcan that everyone was buying.

This one is quite a bit more expensive so not for everyone.

Pros over the Arcan:
-Lower Profile (My current one can't fit under the front of some lower passenger cars)
-Longer Reach (Same as above, in some instances, the middle jack point on some cars are deeper in and this will help)
-higher maximum lift (My current one which is the same lift height as the Arcan, just barely jacks up my RAV4 high enough, would prefer not to have to use the jack at its maximum lift all the time)

If the above Pros don't apply to you, then definitely buy the Arcan as that would be the better buy for most users.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1206 posts
992 upvotes
Airdrie
You finally got the beast!! Congrats! Love this thing, except when I have to move it.
Jan 23, 2014
12 posts
17 upvotes
In before "Costco jack is cheaper, why would I buy this one"
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1274 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Costco one Better cheaper
Jun 12, 2018
336 posts
259 upvotes
Ontario
Bought it during the last sale at $229. Love this beast as well. Still can't reach the front center jack on my Corolla hatch unfortunately. Don't forget to check your CT offers for a cash back offer. Also 1% Rakuten
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Bought it during the last sale at $229. Love this beast as well. Still can't reach the front center jack on my Corolla hatch unfortunately. Don't forget to check your CT offers for a cash back offer. Also 1% Rakuten
I was hoping for the stars to align and get a $20 off offer or 50x points or something, but unfortunately did not have any and didn't want to miss this sale again!

That's unfortunate that even this is not enough to reach your front center jack point. What about your rear jackpoint?

I do car work on all the family vehicles and with my current jack, for some cars, i can't reach the center jack point in the front and most i can't reach the rear jackpoint.
I am hoping this jack will solve most if not all of them :D
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4395 posts
4565 upvotes
GTA
Same story as OP. Had a standard 3-ton from Motomaster for 10 years, then upgraded to this. The long reach and 24" lifting height are essential for my cars. I was having to mess around with blocks of wood before.
Jan 31, 2011
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: I was hoping for the stars to align and get a $20 off offer or 50x points or something, but unfortunately did not have any and didn't want to miss this sale again!

That's unfortunate that even this is not enough to reach your front center jack point. What about your rear jackpoint?

I do car work on all the family vehicles and with my current jack, for some cars, i can't reach the center jack point in the front and most i can't reach the rear jackpoint.
Actually last week there were 2 days (I think 26th&27th) where 30X points was offered for CT purchase and this Eliminator jack has been on sale at $229 since Apr 16th. I think given the long period of time the Eliminator jack was on sale it's not that difficult to align for the next sale & bonus point combined.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes
thunderbolt wrote: Actually last week there were 2 days (I think 26th&27th) where 30X points was offered for CT purchase and this Eliminator jack has been on sale at $229 since Apr 16th. I think given the long period of time the Eliminator jack was on sale it's not that difficult to align for the next sale & bonus point combined.
Hmm, I must have missed seeing it. Have been checking the Flyers almost weekly for the last two months. I did see the standard was on sale previously but not the low profile.
Jun 12, 2018
336 posts
259 upvotes
Ontario
azncapcom wrote: I was hoping for the stars to align and get a $20 off offer or 50x points or something, but unfortunately did not have any and didn't want to miss this sale again!

Reaches the rear center jack point no problem. I thought I would get rid of my other Husky 3 ton jack but using two together works well. I just lift one of the front sides a bit with the husky then slide this one under the front point. Not a fan of ramps or blocks.

I think this one has been on sale for a few weeks now in a row. They don't show this model in the flyer much. I got lucky and had the $80/$20 offer when I jumped in. I also took the plunge on a Triangle CC to get 15% off as well but not all may want to do that.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11106 posts
5233 upvotes
Nice jack,i have the costco one but if not i would be grabbing this for sure.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Reaches the rear center jack point no problem. I thought I would get rid of my other Husky 3 ton jack but using two together works well. I just lift one of the front sides a bit with the husky then slide this one under the front point. Not a fan of ramps or blocks.

I think this one has been on sale for a few weeks now in a row. They don't show this model in the flyer much. I got lucky and had the $80/$20 offer when I jumped in. I also took the plunge on a Triangle CC to get 15% off as well but not all may want to do that.
Nice!

I already have the CC and did not get to use the extra 11% off first purchase as stores were locked down when I signed up early this year.

Albeit it hurts a little not being able to maximize the deal, still happy I finally got the jack. Looking forward to pick up the beast today.
Jun 25, 2006
229 posts
63 upvotes
Ordered one finally. The 24 inch lift should now allow 4.5 inch higher reach than my old floor jack.
Dec 22, 2006
38 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
This jack is definitely a beast when it comes to size and weight but the benefits of the lower profile and longer reach are amazing for the variety of cars I help service. And for those didn't realize, it also has a neat 'tray' near the base of the handle for you to place nuts, bolts, sockets so they aren't rolling down your driveway.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4363 posts
756 upvotes
Edmonton
So the CT mode is long reach and can raise to 24” and about 105lbs at $230

The Costco is 18.5” raise but weights half the weight, 58lbs due to I assume aluminum steel structure. And $130

Both have same capacity. Any other advantages?
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1360 posts
1653 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: Pros over the Arcan:
-Lower Profile (My current one can't fit under the front of some lower passenger cars)
-Longer Reach (Same as above, in some instances, the middle jack point on some cars are deeper in and this will help)
-higher maximum lift
Exactly on point with what my Arcan cannot do! Can't even reach the differential/crossbar under the engine on my elantra because clearance is too low.
May 12, 2020
96 posts
116 upvotes
Picked one up, thanks OP! I do drive a lower profile car, but my fiance has a CUV and might be looking at a larger vehicle. Combination of low profile, high jack height, and 3-ton capacity helped me choose this over the Costco Arcan one, specific to my needs.
Jan 31, 2011
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
User396555 wrote: Picked one up, thanks OP! I do drive a lower profile car, but my fiance has a CUV and might be looking at a larger vehicle. Combination of low profile, high jack height, and 3-ton capacity helped me choose this over the Costco Arcan one, specific to my needs.
One deciding factor for me is the $100 bonus CT money when sign up for the Triangle mastercard at last promotion (i think now is down to $75). If you time it right with the 30-50X bonus CT money event (or the 15% CTM rebate on first transaction using Triangle card) you can actually spend less on the Motomaster Eliminator than Arcan.
Nov 12, 2011
19 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I've been tracking this as well and as other has mentioned it has been on sale at that price for weeks and there was a 30x bonus day end of April. I'm just holding out hoping for a 50x event :)