[Canadian Tire] MotoMaster PreciseFit Wiper Blade with Teflon Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 8:15 am
[OP]
Jun 29, 2017
189 posts
409 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] MotoMaster PreciseFit Wiper Blade with Teflon Clearance

I noticed the MotoMaster PreciseFit Wiper Blade with Teflon are on clearance at Canadian Tire. They have okay reviews (3.8 out of 5). I've never used them, but at a 35% discount, I'm going to give them a try. I've noticed a several stores in Ottawa (e.g. Barrhaven) have sold out in the past 24 hours, which makes me think maybe this is a warm deal.

Prices vary:
26" is regular $15.99 on clearance for $10.43
22" is regular $14.99 on clearance for $9.43

Don't trust their "does this fit my vehicle?" check. It said every wiper fits our car...
24 replies
Nov 7, 2017
258 posts
167 upvotes
Tried all CT blades and still nothing better than Bosch.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5396 posts
1136 upvotes
Markham
bobitto wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:18 pm
Tried all CT blades and still nothing better than Bosch.
Which Bosch blades are you buying and where do you buy them from?

Lot of people say to buy OEM refills from dealer is the best and reasonably priced.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 14, 2018
14 posts
7 upvotes
CT wiper blades are decent but I always recommend OEM or Bosch. I use OEM if the car still has the stock wiper blades and you are able to slide the old ones out and slide them back in, and Bosch for when you replace the whole blade like what this deal is offering.

For reference a set of Genuine Honda wiper blade rubber inserts are $10 for driver and $8 for passenger for a 8th gen civic and I just checked for Bosch prices and its $27 and $22 but that includes the whole wiper blade assembly + the rubber.
/u/guy990
Nov 7, 2017
258 posts
167 upvotes
Bought Bosch Icon for both cars almost two years ago. No noise at all. Bought them in CT. Previous were also Bosch, but don't remember the model. In between tried Reflex and other. All of them were returned.
Jan 22, 2015
621 posts
154 upvotes
Just get silicon wiper refills off ebay and you're good for years.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10885 posts
2362 upvotes
GTA
guy990 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 9:10 pm
I just checked for Bosch prices and its $27 and $22 but that includes the whole wiper blade assembly + the rubber.
Bosch Icon 28" are C$16 from RockAuto.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 25, 2008
719 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought a 26 inch wiper blade a year ago for 32$ motomaster

Not very good. Only ladted a few months ..

I ended up bought the Costco Winter blades.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8352 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto
rssdale wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 4:10 pm
Just get silicon wiper refills off ebay and you're good for years.
Any brand/seller suggestions? I assume they'll have to be made for a specific model since the designs between different make/models will differ.
Apr 10, 2016
54 posts
19 upvotes
I like these blades combined with Rain X, but I drive an older 1997 Mazda Protege with a new windshield.
Thanks, OP!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
8643 posts
2947 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chinesedevil wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 8:08 pm
Any brand/seller suggestions? I assume they'll have to be made for a specific model since the designs between different make/models will differ.
You might be getting confused with the whole 'wiper-blade-arm' replacement racket that's been going on for years where they (the retailers and manufacturers) sell you a replacement assembly for a lot more money when a more generic replacement part for less money will typically work better and save the average consumer money.

The refill is just a long piece of flexible material that comes in generally two widths - 6mm and 8mm (there might be a few odd ball sizes as well depending on the OEM) - and what ever length the wiper is (most however will be longer than you need so you just cut to length). When replace the refill, just remove the old one by removing a clip or two off the wiper blade assembly and slide the old refill out. Typically, there are two thin metal bars mounted into the refill - just transfer them to the replacement refill and install in the opposite way you removed the original refill.

So, you just need to figure out the width of the refill and the length you need. Just buy one that is either exactly the length you need or longer and you are typically go to go.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8352 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto
craftsman wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 8:52 pm
You might be getting confused with the whole 'wiper-blade-arm' replacement racket that's been going on for years where they (the retailers and manufacturers) sell you a replacement assembly for a lot more money when a more generic replacement part for less money will typically work better and save the average consumer money.

The refill is just a long piece of flexible material that comes in generally two widths - 6mm and 8mm (there might be a few odd ball sizes as well depending on the OEM) - and what ever length the wiper is (most however will be longer than you need so you just cut to length). When replace the refill, just remove the old one by removing a clip or two off the wiper blade assembly and slide the old refill out. Typically, there are two thin metal bars mounted into the refill - just transfer them to the replacement refill and install in the opposite way you removed the original refill.

So, you just need to figure out the width of the refill and the length you need. Just buy one that is either exactly the length you need or longer and you are typically go to go.
Oh, I thought inserts have different styles. Didn't know they're mostly the same.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
8643 posts
2947 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chinesedevil wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 9:12 pm
Oh, I thought inserts have different styles. Didn't know they're mostly the same.
No worries. None of the retailers want you to know that as they make a lot more money selling the whole thing rather than the part that actually needs replacing.

BTW> For anyone who does just replace the refill and have the OEM blade assembly, remove the blade assembly from the arm and carefully wash the hinges when replacing the refills. This will remove a lot of crud that reduces the flexibility of the assembly which in turn reduces the effectiveness of the wiper. For bonus points, add a bit of liquid car wax to the hinges to lubricate them and wax the rest of the assembly while you are at it to reduce the changes of water freezing in the hinges during the Winter.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
2873 posts
209 upvotes
Where can you get inserts for cheap? How do you know which size you need?
Nov 18, 2015
836 posts
344 upvotes
had these last year. garbage. started chattering a month later.