• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2020 8:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1235 posts
377 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Motomaster SMD Underhood hanging light $29.99 75% off

Motomaster SMD Underhood handing light $29.99 75% off Reg.$129.99 Saving of $100

67 SMD LED
Work Light With 20 LED Warning light
500 Lumen Work Light

When fully charged
Runtime 2 hours on high setting
Runtime 4 hours on low setting
22 replies
Sep 23, 2011
259 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! There was no new price tag in the store and salesperson couldn't believe it's on sale until he scanned the package :)
Jan 13, 2012
393 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
Honestly can't find a decent use case for this - as a shop light, there are better and cheaper options. For working on cars, between my Bosch battery floodlight and this guy https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/ca/ex ... spx/black/ I can see everything way better, and they aren't super long or bulky.

Nice price if it works for you though... maybe as a portable tent light if you're camping and get rained out?
Oct 3, 2006
813 posts
399 upvotes
Bought one. Very not bright enought. 29$ is an ok price. Not worth more than that honestly.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3868 posts
1392 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like it could double as a light saber! But seriously, I haven't used this LED light, but I do find the light from them is somehow much harsher than my old incandescent inspection light for working on cars and things. The LED ones seem super bright and full of glare when you put the light close to your work, but as soon as you move it further away it seems dim. Is it just me (or the LED lights I've used)?
Nov 11, 2007
527 posts
144 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: Honestly can't find a decent use case for this - as a shop light, there are better and cheaper options. For working on cars, between my Bosch battery floodlight and this guy https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/ca/ex ... spx/black/ I can see everything way better, and they aren't super long or bulky.

Nice price if it works for you though... maybe as a portable tent light if you're camping and get rained out?
Any recommendations for something better and cheaper?
Jan 13, 2012
393 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
Stickee wrote: Any recommendations for something better and cheaper?
That's the thing, for my use case, the headlight works way better under hood, and I'm very happy with the cheap LED strip lights from Home Depot. If you're looking for something portable, I guess this is a good deal, but the product itself doesn't solve any problem that I've ever come across.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4665 posts
2048 upvotes
Ottawa
I will probably pick one of these up. Focused lights are great when you're working on something, well, focused. (I also use a head-mounted light when I am doing brake, bearing, or suspension work. If am looking for the source of vacuum or fluid leaks or replacing cam cover gaskets, bar-type underhood lights are amazeballs. For $30, you can't go wrong.
Oct 28, 2015
678 posts
198 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
chris5555 wrote: That's the thing, for my use case, the headlight works way better under hood, and I'm very happy with the cheap LED strip lights from Home Depot. If you're looking for something portable, I guess this is a good deal, but the product itself doesn't solve any problem that I've ever come across.
so the light strip from home depot is a better choice than this?
Jul 19, 2010
605 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary
bought one, it's ok, but i think my portable 450 lumens Milwaukee is brighter
Jan 13, 2012
393 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
xuanzh wrote: so the light strip from home depot is a better choice than this?
If you're using it as a shop light and don't care about portability, definitely.