Nespresso Vertuo Coffee & Espresso Machine by Breville, Chrome $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 12:30 pm
[OP]
May 31, 2017
338 posts
397 upvotes
GTA

[Canadian Tire] Nespresso Vertuo Coffee & Espresso Machine by Breville, Chrome $99.99

Good sale price on Nespresso Vertuo Coffee & Espresso Machine by Breville.

Some other Nespresso Vertuo on sale as well:

(Same machines but with Aeroccino Frother)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nesp ... p.html#srp

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nesp ... p.html#srp
Thread Summary
Shopping around? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best espresso machines!
27 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2984 posts
2273 upvotes
rb wrote: Anyone found these pods for cheap and how good does the coffee taste ?
This is the challenge. The Vertuo pods are only available from Nespresso in Canada (and Amazon at higher prices).

Looking forward to them coming to Costco and other retailers similar to the k-cups and original Nespresso pods.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3363 posts
1140 upvotes
Toronto
Gotta go original line to get the flexibility of using third party pods (PC, Lavaza, Irresistible, etc.).

Personally to get "coffee like" experience with Original line, grab Lungo pods and use the frother, add some Bailey's if that's your thing Ok Hand SignPoint is with original line you aren't limited to espressos.
Jan 7, 2017
134 posts
52 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: Gotta go original line to get the flexibility of using third party pods (PC, Lavaza, Irresistible, etc.).
Which 3rd party pods would you recommend?

Also to help get a sense of your taste profile, what type of roast (blonde, medium, dark) and/or commercial brand (Tims, McDonald’s, Starbucks) do you prefer? Not asking for local cafe/chains since not everyone has the same options to compare against
May 31, 2016
78 posts
36 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: This is the challenge. The Vertuo pods are only available from Nespresso in Canada (and Amazon at higher prices).
Not anymore. There is now vertuo Starbucks pods in groceries 9.99$ standard price
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2184 posts
2045 upvotes
Toronto
Apart of the looks - any difference between Delonghi's vs Breville?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Mar 14, 2018
365 posts
400 upvotes
I bought my first Nespresso when it first came out, paid ~$350 for a Pixie because of its sleek design and small footprint. It’s still working well today, no issues, so I’d say I got my money’s worth.

I’ve waited years for Nespresso to come up with a Vertuo machine that is sleek and compact. So far no luck. You’d notice for the Vertuo machines they always show you a picture taken at an angle, hiding the fact that there is another reservoir on the other side and that those units are BIG. I just don’t think they’re worth the countertop space they take up. #endrant
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1317 posts
483 upvotes
Montreal,QC
I both owned the original and the vertuo.

Original taste much better espressos. I've never liked Vertuo coffees.

Interesting tests of the Vertuo from this youtuber (James Hoffman). Basically the Vertuo is coffee extracted at low PSI with lots of air to create the foam (crema)

https://youtu.be/pO06RC4pvr0
Sep 8, 2013
108 posts
70 upvotes
Windsor
any of these machines that allow reusable pods? I don’t want to have to buy specific pods all the time.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21133 posts
25079 upvotes
People are trying to justify when to go Vertuo pods, here's my logic.

Never go for Vertuo pods, they're all first party, and they're upwards of $2.00 per pod. Criminal.

Go original line, always, and you'll be able to find pods for as little as $0.30 to $0.50 per pod, maybe less with coupon stacking.

Don't be seduced by deeply discounted vertuo pod machines, skip them all in favor of an original pod machine.

God bless, gents.
Jan 20, 2011
8 posts
5 upvotes
Najib1984 wrote: Not anymore. There is now vertuo Starbucks pods in groceries 9.99$ standard price
What grocery stores have you seen these Starbucks pods?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21133 posts
25079 upvotes
Najib1984 wrote: Not anymore. There is now vertuo Starbucks pods in groceries 9.99$ standard price
Last I saw, Starbucks Vertuo pods are also expensive.

There's expensive licensing around the technology, Nespresso wants you to pay dearly for vertuo pods.

There are plenty of cheap unlicensed pod solutions that work with the original design.

I'm not paying more for DRM coffee.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2222 posts
2193 upvotes
Langley
Third Eye wrote: This is the challenge. The Vertuo pods are only available from Nespresso in Canada (and Amazon at higher prices).

Looking forward to them coming to Costco and other retailers similar to the k-cups and original Nespresso pods.
This is why I got this as house warming gift and went into the closet after I used up initial pods. Back then pods were only available at their "boutique" or their website. Too much hassle.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2984 posts
2273 upvotes
lilkwest wrote: What grocery stores have you seen these Starbucks pods?
I would like to know this too.
May 31, 2016
78 posts
36 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: I would like to know this too.
In my neighborhood I saw them at Metro and IGA-qc. But I heard there are available at Safeway, Sobeys, London drugs, Loblaws
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1105 posts
364 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: People are trying to justify when to go Vertuo pods, here's my logic.

Never go for Vertuo pods, they're all first party, and they're upwards of $2.00 per pod. Criminal.

Go original line, always, and you'll be able to find pods for as little as $0.30 to $0.50 per pod, maybe less with coupon stacking.

Don't be seduced by deeply discounted vertuo pod machines, skip them all in favor of an original pod machine.

God bless, gents.
By original do you mean Delonghi. And the Vertuo is Breville?