• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2022 8:37 pm
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best air fryers!
81 replies
Oct 7, 2018
200 posts
436 upvotes
Montreal
Got this exact model from Costco a few years ago for $80. Works really well and made some delicious food!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2963 posts
3210 upvotes
GVRD
Owned it for 2 years, using it almost every day. No issues whatsoever. Simple design and the non-stick (ceramic) is quite good. I've scrubbed it and scraped it, the non-stick sides still look fine. A couple years ago, Costco had skids of these come out at around this price pre-Christmas. People were buying 2, with one for someone else. I think Costco put a limit of 2 on them as people were buying more to either re-sell or give as gifts. Actually, Willington Costco went to a limit of 1 eventuatlly. I can remember the sign. Costco kept selling out shortly after a new skid arrived. It was crazy. Strangely, Costco never re-stocked them I don't think, but in 2020, good airfryers were in high-demand.

It's a very proven product. It's not the largest, but the largest ones have about the same (or even lower) motor power - and those are spread out over a large space. You can indeed fill up the tray if you rotate frequently (like chips, wings, etc.). The Gourmia is a little bigger and a nice layout, and it goes with the Costco protection, but this Ninja is superb long-term.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
12865 posts
3827 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I bought this model. It stopped working after a couple of weeks. The display wouldn’t work when I pressed the On button.

I liked it though, so when I returned it to Amazon I ordered another one.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1772 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP. Gonna grab this tomorrow. Should have a $10 off $100 or something like that in my triangle offers tomorrow to sweeten the deal even more
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
1595 posts
2758 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
DanZChief wrote: Got this exact model from Costco a few years ago for $80. Works really well and made some delicious food!
Same, use it on a regular basis. Nice, simple. Some people complain that it's too small but for me it's a nice size. My only complain is the rubber stoppers seem to have shrunk and now the base falls out easily when I pour food out the air fryer instead of using tongs to take them out.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3722 posts
1228 upvotes
Belle River
It has a dehydrate setting on the panel, anyone used it?
Jan 18, 2019
119 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Got the Dual-zone myself and got the single (this one) for my parents. We use it EVERY day and can't recommend it enough. It is THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK even competing with top of the line air fryers out there.

Keep in mind these ones are so good that you do need to watch the COOKING TIME. Anytime you google 'how long to air fry 'xxxxx', chop a few minutes off from what you see.
Mar 16, 2016
239 posts
167 upvotes
Does anyone know where to buy a replacement insert/basket for this? I only saw it on the ninja website but the shipping fee is just so much
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4965 posts
3080 upvotes
Air fryers are great, even though a lot of the time it's basically just a glorified oven. Just cooks+preheats so much faster because of its relative size.

Thattttt saidddd, 3.8L is too small, especially at this price point (IMO). If you're cooking for one, sure.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3815 posts
1230 upvotes
Welp time to new air fryer after the Insignia recall
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10385 posts
1728 upvotes
Is the size good enough for 2 people? Is it possible to reheat leftover pizza?

I ask because I am tempted to replace my toaster oven with this and hoping it can do most if not all I can do with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1513 posts
303 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP - very timely since I had purchased 2 Insignia units from Best Buy and received a recall notice.
Ordered two Ninja's last night with other items to take advantage of spend $250 get $40 back in e-CT money that was only valid yesterday
Love it when a deal comes together! Thanks again OP - upvoted
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
124 posts
168 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
speedyforme wrote: Is the size good enough for 2 people? Is it possible to reheat leftover pizza?

I ask because I am tempted to replace my toaster oven with this and hoping it can do most if not all I can do with it.
I've had this for around 2 years now. Good size for 2 people and it's great for reheating leftover pizza! However, we do still keep a toaster oven around
Sep 17, 2018
407 posts
629 upvotes
BF No Where
KennyTKO wrote: I've had this for around 2 years now. Good size for 2 people and it's great for reheating leftover pizza! However, we do still keep a toaster oven around
Agreed, when I replaced my toaster oven I went with a Hamilton Beach model that also air fries, it is a bit bigger than my air fryer but I still use the air fryer almost daily.
I'd trade it all for a little more.