[Canadian Tire] Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Compact Pressure Cooker, 5-qt - 179.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 10:24 am
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
47 posts
199 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Compact Pressure Cooker, 5-qt - 179.99$

Was in the market for one of these, but wanted a smaller footprint. This is the 5qt model that seems to be the most compact for a smaller apartment kitchen. The sale price is right, but compared to the bigger 6 and 8qt models it doesn't have a "BROIL" function. Wondering what the difference between "Air Crisp" and "Broil" is, and if I will miss anything. For any owners of the 6 or 8, do you ever use the Broil function?
6 replies
Oct 21, 2009
81 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
It’s showing up as $259.99 for me?
Oct 21, 2009
81 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! I’m in Toronto and price is 259.99. Changed location to Montreal and it is 179.99 but can’t ship it to my location at that price.
Jan 4, 2010
149 posts
105 upvotes
Canadianmist wrote: Was in the market for one of these, but wanted a smaller footprint. This is the 5qt model that seems to be the most compact for a smaller apartment kitchen. The sale price is right, but compared to the bigger 6 and 8qt models it doesn't have a "BROIL" function. Wondering what the difference between "Air Crisp" and "Broil" is, and if I will miss anything. For any owners of the 6 or 8, do you ever use the Broil function?
From https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx ... _ql_al_hza:

"Air crisp is the same as air frying, where the joe air circulates all angles of the food to crisp it up. Broil is direct heat onto the top of the food to crisp it (think browning a steak), and baking or roasting is the same as being in your oven, baking in consistent heat slowly from the outside in. It’s like having a fryer, inside of a broiler inside of an oven."
Mar 20, 2016
876 posts
749 upvotes
Montreal
Should I get this or wait for an instant pot sale (usually sub $100)?