Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Ninja Foodi NeverStick Premium Frypan $39.99 for 26cm | $49.99 for 30cm

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 2:55 pm
Member
User avatar
Jul 23, 2007
251 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
So these are hard anodized, as opposed to the rock which is still a teflon coating. So probably a lot more durable.

how does this one compare to the Oxo which is also hard anodized?
Sr. Member
Aug 17, 2008
713 posts
94 upvotes
I've never had non-stick before; does that mean I don't need ANY oil at all?
Member
Oct 8, 2008
238 posts
121 upvotes
Ontario
hunt3rshadow wrote: I've never had non-stick before; does that mean I don't need ANY oil at all?
Depends what you're cooking and the effect you want. You generally don't need oil to prevent sticking, but sauting garlic or searing meat in a dry pan may not result in the desired effect. I usually give a spritz of nonstick spray for high risk items like eggs regardless.
Newbie
Apr 2, 2018
58 posts
64 upvotes
sky1213 wrote: So these are hard anodized, as opposed to the rock which is still a teflon coating. So probably a lot more durable.

how does this one compare to the Oxo which is also hard anodized?
Doesn't the OXO use PTFE (Teflon), while this Ninja is ceramic (sol-gel) coated and PTFE & PTOA free?
Member
User avatar
Jul 23, 2007
251 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
tdilmo wrote: Doesn't the OXO use PTFE (Teflon), while this Ninja is ceramic (sol-gel) coated and PTFE & PTOA free?
oxo is hard anodized as far as I know

Ninja says:
Shot-blasted, hard-anodized exterior is stronger than stainless steel
Handles and non-stick coating are all oven safe up to 500°F (260°C)
Free of PFOA, PFAS, cadmium, and lead
Newbie
Dec 15, 2007
85 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
We're really happy with how our 30cm has performed since the last sale. This time we picked up a 26cm as well.
Thanks OP!
Sr. Member
Feb 8, 2011
955 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
it says never stick but has only one year warranty...if product is so good why they dont offer life time warranty on chip or flake...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1975 posts
3243 upvotes
Surrey
yorkhvac wrote: it says never stick but has only one year warranty...if product is so good why they dont offer life time warranty on chip or flake...
a year never stick
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2017
577 posts
714 upvotes
Chelsea
Pretty sure it’s 5 years warranty, isn’t it ?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5248 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
tdilmo wrote: Doesn't the OXO use PTFE (Teflon), while this Ninja is ceramic (sol-gel) coated and PTFE & PTOA free?
Ninja is both enamel and Teflon-like coating. The enamel coating is on top of the other layer.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3116 posts
2107 upvotes
Toronto
This thicker Ninja pan certainly looks better than the cheap $10 non-stick ones CT has on sale.
(I picked up the better thicker T-Fal ones for $16 a few weeks back as I’ve had pretty good mileage out of them relative to the cost).

So how is this Ninja really different? There are many anodized non-sticks out there.
Isn’t it ultimately still coated with some non-stick material that will wear off in a year?
Member
User avatar
Mar 17, 2008
402 posts
164 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: This thicker Ninja pan certainly looks better than the cheap $10 non-stick ones CT has on sale.
(I picked up the better thicker T-Fal ones for $16 a few weeks back as I’ve had pretty good mileage out of them relative to the cost).

So how is this Ninja really different? There are many anodized non-sticks out there.
Isn’t it ultimately still coated with some non-stick material that will wear off in a year?
According to people who have used it for a couple of months, yes. They wear out and suck after a few months.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5248 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
blindemboss wrote: This thicker Ninja pan certainly looks better than the cheap $10 non-stick ones CT has on sale.
(I picked up the better thicker T-Fal ones for $16 a few weeks back as I’ve had pretty good mileage out of them relative to the cost).

So how is this Ninja really different? There are many anodized non-sticks out there.
Isn’t it ultimately still coated with some non-stick material that will wear off in a year?
Yep. If you want lifetime nonstick pans, you gotta get a carbon steel skillet and season it
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
9194 posts
4553 upvotes
We own a few of these and a few of the Oxo-Good Grips, both are excellent and we aren't kind to them, they've held up really well. No other brands compare in my experience, most others end up getting tossed after a year.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2012
1011 posts
329 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Sale price continues this week. Going to give it a try. Been using T-Fal's riveted handle variations for past 10 or so years. Replacing every 2-3 years.
Jr. Member
Dec 10, 2019
150 posts
124 upvotes
Vancouver
Debating this or the rock for 25 dollars. Im leaning towards the rock due to 3 year warranty.
Sr. Member
Mar 20, 2016
565 posts
535 upvotes
Vancouver
yorkhvac wrote: it says never stick but has only one year warranty...if product is so good why they dont offer life time warranty on chip or flake...
Generally these last a long time IF you don't abuse them. The problem is people will overheat, burn food, and scratch with knives then wonder why they stop working. You have to baby non-stick pans IMO.

Anyway on their site it says 5 year warranty, I think 1 year is just candian tire warranty?:
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive- ... 0fry%20pan

20cm = $35 free shipping
26cm = $50

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)