Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Ninja Foodi Premium Neverstick 26cm ($39.99) & 30cm ($49.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2021 1:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2533 posts
1864 upvotes
GTA
cstriker045 wrote: Thanks for the link.

Just curious, what part of the review didn't you like? I skimmed the video though, so maybe there is something I missed.
That's the problem, don't skim thru it. Better watch the entire thing.

By the way, I watched it at 1.5x speed. So it only took me < 10 minutes.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4983 posts
2640 upvotes
enceladus9 wrote: I have this exact same problem.

If I had known this, I probably wouldn't have bought this pan ... because if you're someone who fries eggs occassionally, the eggs will curve around the edges of the pan like a half-moon. It's nuts.

Maybe you and I got a defective one...
I haven't had this problem. Cook eggs 3 to 5 times a week.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Aug 30, 2015
708 posts
1103 upvotes
BC
afong636807717107645200 wrote: don't want to be the one negative nellie, but bought these pans (both the larger and smaller size) last spring--light duty ever since and just notice two dings in the coating of the larger pan.

we're talking about light duty (we don't fry a lot of stuff, and primarily use our tri-ply ss for most cooking), hand wash only, non-metal utensils only.

not really affecting the performance for now, but i have no doubt that once a ding/chip starts in these coated pans, it's only a matter of time. . .

honestly, we are stumped as to how it happened?
Is your damaged one the premium one? I have both premium and non-premium. Both are the best pans I've owned, but the premium one seems 1 significant step better in terms of durability.
Jan 12, 2008
457 posts
270 upvotes
I'm going to buy The Rock Diamond instead https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/heri ... p.html#srp

This one has 3 year in-store warranty which is way more valuable since you can just straight up get a new replacement anytime you want at any store.

Also buy online so you get an electronic receipt in your email so you never lose it or fades out.
Jul 30, 2019
130 posts
415 upvotes
Own this and am gifting the 30 one this yr. Very good quality, it’s on par with my all clad never stick one. The weight is slightly less but the coating is good quality. Def worth considering.
Remember, don't be a toxic drama queen or someone might not post a great deal. Be respectful and we all prosper.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3584 posts
2575 upvotes
toronto
heres a tip for everyone, dont ever buy anything from canadian tire if you ever need to exchange or return. you have ben warned.
Got that FIDO account!
Got that ZOOMER account!
Dec 24, 2011
819 posts
537 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: That's the problem, don't skim thru it. Better watch the entire thing.

By the way, I watched it at 1.5x speed. So it only took me < 10 minutes.
I re-watched the whole thing.. still a bit confused what is driving you away from the pan, as I didn't see any major criticisms or issues. He also concluded he really enjoyed the pan and would continue to use it.

if you could be more specific in what you disliked that would be helpful.
Nov 24, 2016
79 posts
32 upvotes
cstriker045 wrote: Thanks for the link.

Just curious, what part of the review didn't you like? I skimmed the video though, so maybe there is something I missed.
If you watch the full video, He liked the pan and said that it was as good as any of the other good no sticks.
Jun 12, 2010
545 posts
907 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: Initially tempted. But after watching this comparison video, I don't think I will spend the extra money.

That's just me. Judge it for yourself.

Here is the video / link:

I'm honestly kind of confused what in this video has you thinking the pan isn't good. For one, the guy botched a few comparisons and tests because he didn't pre-heat the pan or consider the thicker bottom, which is by design and a desirable feature for retaining heat. He also does several infomercial type tests which nobody is going to realistically do to cook at home, like cooking without oil which has benefits beyond just reducing sticking of food. In the conclusion he even says the pan is one of the best he's used...

There are better review videos out there, including ones of 1+ year of usage.

I'm not exactly a pan expert but I've owned one of these since May, have picked up a second one more recently, and was thinking of getting the full set. It's the best pan I've owned, but I haven't bought many in a similar price bracket. I have used a Zwilling pan around the same price which started to deteriorate pretty rapidly. I don't cook animal products so I can't tell you how dropping scrambled eggs without oil will turn out, but I've cooked other foods which do tend to stick, and the Neverstick did pretty well and cleaned up without problems. Usually letting a food's surface cook a bit and giving it a gentle nudge is all it takes to unstick it.
Last edited by ArchZeratul on Dec 3rd, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 12, 2010
545 posts
907 upvotes
As a summary for others reading this thread...

This pricing comes up for a week or two every month or so. If you're getting FOMO, want to pair the purchase with CT rewards, other promos, or just aren't decided yet, rest assured both the pans and the set will come back on sale.

When comparing to other retailers, make sure you are comparing the Premium pans/sets and not the regular. If you are looking at the Ninja site, make sure you go through to checkout and consider forex/USD pricing and shipping, also read the return policy. This discussion dominates like 1/3 of every thread when this deal comes up, the other 1/3 is people saying it's marketing hype without having even looked at the pan let alone used it.

I've owned one since May and bought a second since. I can't speak for the quality of the saucepans in the set since I haven't bought that yet. I was very tempted but I don't think I need more than one or two, and I can't find a place to buy singles anywhere. My only other option would be to split the set with someone but it's kind of a hassle to set up.

What I can tell you is that the pan's quality has held up pretty well half a year in. I'm not cooking scrambled eggs without oil and scrubbing it down with a wire brush on the daily, but I do use it once or twice a week with some sticky foods and have put it through the oven a couple of times. I tend to hand wash it since it cleans up so easily, but have run it through the dishwasher and it survived just fine. It absolutely dunks on cheaper pans, and the only comparison I have at the same price point is a Zwilling pan which became discoloured and chipped pretty quickly.

I can't promise you it's the best pan you've ever owned, but if you have had a PiTA experience looking for pans in the past you can definitely do a lot worse than these. Half a year in and I have no regrets, maybe that will change in the future though.
Last edited by ArchZeratul on Dec 3rd, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 2, 2015
163 posts
79 upvotes
Qu
elkabong wrote: You can get this same thing at https://www.ninjakitchen.com/ for $299, less $59.95 (Code CYBER20), AND you get a Free Ninja Chopper. Save the money up front, no need to worry about points... $239.80 in my cart right now.
It was showing 299usd for me. Do you have the link?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1277 posts
553 upvotes
London, ON
Picked up the large pan. My offers of $5 off $40 and 25x on pans made it worthwhile. Nice and solid.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1959 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto
best pan's we've owned, so good we bought the entire set this year.
Dec 24, 2011
819 posts
537 upvotes
User086360 wrote: If you watch the full video, He liked the pan and said that it was as good as any of the other good no sticks.
I think you're misquoting him. In the conclusion he said that it's in the running for one of the best pans he's ever reviewed, saying that it's a very balanced pan compared to other non-stick and the others have pros and cons. His main gripe was it didn't come with a lid... which if that's the biggest complaint, well i'm more than happy with that.
Jan 20, 2006
841 posts
162 upvotes
Montreal
I am really tempting to buy this pan since last time it was on sale... but i am a bit hesitated...
I used quite some non stick pans and below are the ones from recent years:
1. T-Fal costco (below $40 for 2 or 3): just because of their price, they are ok, last about 2 yrs then the coating faded, into garbage can.
2. The Rock (the one looks like stone coated, $29 at CT when on sale): I first heard they were good since launch but after trying them out, meh, they are heating up noticeably slow compare to other pans. Couldn't stand it, into garbage within a year.
3. Currently using Oxo premium pans: I read a lot of reviews and paid a premium price for them from amazon like $80 for both 10" and 8". They were great at the beginning, after about 1 year, their coating are fading now.

I have a traditional coil stove (more than 10 years old) and i always cook between 5 and 6 (heat range : 1 to 9). Hand wash them, dry them on dish rack everyday.
My spatula is made by T-Fal (high grade plastic) and others were silicone.
Will this pan serve me better and last more than 2 years?
man, i am losing hope and we are sick and tired of replacing non stick pan every year or two. I know someone will say most of the non stick pans will be done in about 2 years but is it really the reality we live in now???
Jun 12, 2010
545 posts
907 upvotes
ymlccc wrote: I am really tempting to buy this pan since last time it was on sale... but i am a bit hesitated...
I used quite some non stick pans and below are the ones from recent years:
1. T-Fal costco (below $40 for 2 or 3): just because of their price, they are ok, last about 2 yrs then the coating faded, into garbage can.
2. The Rock (the one looks like stone coated, $29 at CT when on sale): I first heard they were good since launch but after trying them out, meh, they are heating up noticeably slow compare to other pans. Couldn't stand it, into garbage within a year.
3. Currently using Oxo premium pans: I read a lot of reviews and paid a premium price for them from amazon like $80 for both 10" and 8". They were great at the beginning, after about 1 year, their coating are fading now.

I have a traditional coil stove (more than 10 years old) and i always cook between 5 and 6 (heat range : 1 to 9). Hand wash them, dry them on dish rack everyday.
My spatula is made by T-Fal (high grade plastic) and others were silicone.
Will this pan serve me better and last more than 2 years?
man, i am losing hope and we are sick and tired of replacing non stick pan every year or two. I know someone will say most of the non stick pans will be done in about 2 years but is it really the reality we live in now???
I didn't have nearly as much luck with T-Fal, but if you can get 3 pans that last you two years each for the price of one NeverStick and you find the performance is good for your use, that's a pretty solid purchase IMO. I'm happy with the NeverStick for its build quality at this price, but will have to wait and see if it even lasts two years itself. I do expect it to outlast all the others I've used though. I was in mostly your position and decided to pick one of these up on sale from Amazon a while back and don't regret it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)