Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Ninja Foodi Smart Air Grill XL - Regular $399.99 On Sale For $279.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 11:13 am
[OP]
Nov 3, 2019
29 posts
131 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Ninja Foodi Smart Air Grill XL - Regular $399.99 On Sale For $279.99

This actually went on sale last week and already picked this up, but on sale until November 12th. It's a new appliance from Ninja just released a few months ago and it's the first time on sale and cheapest to be found anywhere.

Awesome device, it's the upgraded and larger version of the already popular Ninja Foodi Air Grill. Larger size, built in thermometer, and all digital interface.

I was in the market for an Air Fryer originally, but noticed all had plastic parts where food comes in contact. I can confidently say this does not, and also grills, bakes, roasts, and dehydrates food, which are functions I didn't have access to as well. Already have made ribs, chicken breast, chicken wings, potatoes, and fries on this and it's fantastic. It's a large appliance so make sure you have the room, or downsize to the other. There's also zero smoke as long as you're using the Splatter Guard and NOT using Olive Oil (using Avocado).

Canadian Tire has the title wrong as well, just stating Smart Air Grill, but this is in fact the Foodi Smart Air Grill XL.
Last edited by b1llups on Oct 30th, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1133 upvotes
Surrey
b1llups wrote: This actually went on sale last week and already picked this up, but on sale until November 12th. It's a new appliance from Ninja just released a few months ago and it's the first time on sale and cheapest to be found anywhere.

Awesome device, it's the upgraded and larger version of the already popular Ninja Foodi Air Grill. Larger size, built in thermometer, and all digital interface.

I was in the market for an Air Fryer originally, but noticed all had plastic parts where food comes in contact. I can confidently say this does not, and also grills, bakes, roasts, and dehydrates food, which are functions I didn't have access to as well. Already have made ribs, chicken breast, chicken wings, potatoes, and fries on this and it's fantastic. It's a large appliance so make sure you have the room, or downsize to the other. There's also zero smoke as long as you're using the Splatter Guard and NOT using Olive Oil (using Avocado).

Canadian Tire has the title wrong as well, just stating Smart Air Grill, but this is in fact the Foodi Smart Air Grill XL.
Put price in title, and your price posted here is wrong
Apr 12, 2013
589 posts
516 upvotes
BC
henrik112 wrote: Put price in title, and your price posted here is wrong
A simple please would have gone a long way. Yes you are right a post needs the price, but people do make mistakes and posting from mobile frequently results in errors. Courtesy is a lost art on RFD.

Thankyou OP, and for updating.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1056 posts
1048 upvotes
Toronto
seems like this is a bigger version of the origianal Ninja Foodi indoor grill, with built-in thermometer and a few preset program (.e.g "beef", "chicken")

thing is the original one was on sale for 149 not long ago, the price delta too big to get incremental improvement
Oct 15, 2013
796 posts
1270 upvotes
I already got one, just made some rather delicious shrimp in it.
Jun 25, 2006
227 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
Curious why the down vote for "not a good price," are there better prices/options? Looking for an indoor grill with air fryer in a condo, seems to fit the bill pretty well. Not sure the original (non-xl) is big enough grilling for 2-4 ppl?

Appreciate any comments from owners, thanks!
Dec 3, 2005
729 posts
727 upvotes
S
AoiSora7 wrote: Curious why the down vote for "not a good price," are there better prices/options? Looking for an indoor grill with air fryer in a condo, seems to fit the bill pretty well. Not sure the original (non-xl) is big enough grilling for 2-4 ppl?

I prefer the nonXL. Because the grill plate sits lower inside the pot, so less oil splatter. The 10"x10" square size is specifically desirable to me, because I use it to reheat homemade neapolitan pizza that doesn't fit the XL. Since food cooks so quickly, 1 vs 2 batches wouldn't make a huge difference. However, if you plan to mainly cook ribs, then the XL shape may fit better.
Dec 12, 2019
113 posts
84 upvotes
OP, Just wondering your thoughts on the air frying ability of this model. I have been looking at it and there's two in stock locally. I have a Philips right now with all the attachments, but have been looking at getting an indoor grill for the winter. This seems like it would fit the bill nicely. A deal breaker is if the air frying function is spotty. Care to comment? Thanks.
Sep 13, 2011
113 posts
167 upvotes
THORNHILL
Seems warm deal at best but a good product. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1133 upvotes
Surrey
AndrewBond wrote: A simple please would have gone a long way. Yes you are right a post needs the price, but people do make mistakes and posting from mobile frequently results in errors. Courtesy is a lost art on RFD.

Thankyou OP, and for updating.
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude. I’ve made the same mistake before so I was just pointing that out. Sorry if I came across like that.

I do have to agree that people have been rather rude on this forum as well though, as I learned firsthand before.
Oct 15, 2013
796 posts
1270 upvotes
AoiSora7 wrote: Curious why the down vote for "not a good price," are there better prices/options? Looking for an indoor grill with air fryer in a condo, seems to fit the bill pretty well. Not sure the original (non-xl) is big enough grilling for 2-4 ppl?

This is a new model, I think it came out in August so this is a pretty good sale imo, 30% off seems good to me.
Dec 19, 2015
71 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My Triangle offers include getting $20 in Canadian Tire money for spending $80 and 25x on cookware. Both expire on 11/05. Reduces the price of this even further.
Dec 19, 2015
71 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just picked it up. Got $20 back in CT money. This doesn't count as cookware.
[OP]
Nov 3, 2019
29 posts
131 upvotes
totalcool wrote: OP, Just wondering your thoughts on the air frying ability of this model. I have been looking at it and there's two in stock locally. I have a Philips right now with all the attachments, but have been looking at getting an indoor grill for the winter. This seems like it would fit the bill nicely. A deal breaker is if the air frying function is spotty. Care to comment? Thanks.
I wouldn't be the best to ask this as this is my first Air Fryer, but I can break it down as best as I can. In my research for an Air Fryer without plastic cooking parts, I noticed most of the ones in the market have a cylinder-type insert where you insert the food with some oil seasoned on, set a timer/preset, and let it cook. There's middle piece that will move the food for you on it's own so you don't have to do anything at all. This seems like the best concept, but every single one in the market is almost all plastic, so that wasn't an option.

The only two I liked were this style (where you put a basket inside of the grill with your food that's meant for Air Fryer mode), set your preset/time, and the manual advises as much as you can to open the machine and either shake the basket or move for the food around. Doesn't say how often, just as much as you can. I've air fried potatoes (frozen and fresh), cut up sweet potatoes, and chicken wings, and they all came out great, but I'm still getting used to it and should be better by the time I get the right settings down. However, I don't have much to compare it to as I haven't tried the other types.

The third type is through a toaster oven type machine, which I was researching to get. You can see these from Cuisineart and Ninja, they have an Air Fryer mode, but the Foodi Grill just seemed like a better option based off the other features they have:

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive- ... -fry-oven/

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appl ... ns/toa-60/