[Canadian Tire] Ninja® Professional Food Processor and Dough Maker $99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2021 12:47 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2021
31 posts
53 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Ninja® Professional Food Processor and Dough Maker $99

Ninja® Professional Food Processor and Dough Maker.

I am a fan of this for dough making as we have tried so many other brands like Oster, Kitchen Aid, etc. But nothing beats this. The reviews speaks for itself for food processing but I like this specifically for dough making. (If you are a desi guy and chapatis are made daily, gift this to your wife, she will always love you)

We bought it from Ninja website when it was $149 and we love it.
EDB25453-6AE7-417E-BFA1-57FC1B1C9F7C.jpeg
Last edited by guyfromontario on Apr 18th, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3965 posts
5500 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
how is this better than a mixer with a dough hook?
granite_69 wrote: Is this what your other post with the data dump is for?
Mar 15, 2019
805 posts
950 upvotes
OP, let the haters hate.

850W 1000W peak
This is a very very good deal.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19439 posts
5493 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: OP, let the haters hate.

850W 1000W peak
This is a very very good deal.
Seems reasonably priced for a strong 9-cup, but what makes it a "very very good deal"?

Just wondering. I would have considered something like this, but my wife wanted something bigger. ;) So I ordered a 14-cup Cuisinart instead.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2021
31 posts
53 upvotes
1000 Peak Watts: The most powerful kitchen food processor (under $200) can process the toughest ingredients with ease.
Mar 15, 2019
805 posts
950 upvotes
EugW wrote: Seems reasonably priced for a strong 9-cup, but what makes it a "very very good deal"?

Just wondering. I would have considered something like this, but my wife wanted something bigger. ;) So I ordered a 14-cup Cuisinart instead.
Which Cuisanrt?
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9864 posts
3166 upvotes
guyfromontario wrote: Ninja® Professional Food Processor and Dough Maker.

I am a fan of this for dough making as we have tried so many other brands like Oster, Kitchen Aid, etc. But nothing beats this. The reviews speaks for itself for food processing but I like this specifically for dough making. (If you are a desi guy and chapatis are made daily, gift this to your wife, she will always love you)

We bought it from Ninja website when it was $149 and we love it.

EDB25453-6AE7-417E-BFA1-57FC1B1C9F7C.jpeg
Don't know how this can beat a KitchenAid. We have that from 16 years ago, still going strong. Yeah, it's a one trick pony.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19439 posts
5493 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: Don't know how this can beat a KitchenAid. We have that from 16 years ago, still going strong. Yeah, it's a one trick pony.
We have KitchenAid stuff too, but you should be aware that a lot of the lower end to mid-end KitchenAid stuff is fairly cheaply made these days. Like plastic gears and the like. Same with lots of other name brand stuff.

The earlier KitchenAid stuff was much, much better built, but also was often comparatively more expensive (if you factor in inflation).
Mar 15, 2019
805 posts
950 upvotes
EugW wrote: https://www.cuisinart.ca/DFP-14BKSYC.ht ... en&start=1

Not a great price at $285, but hey, at least it's cheaper than the silver one of the same model which is $350. Confused Face

what was your original question? what makes the Ninja one a good deal?

14Cup vs 9Cup
720W vs 1000W
CAD284.87 vs CAD99.99

Answer is, math makes it a good deal. Unless you make 5 pizzas a day.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19439 posts
5493 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: what was your original question? what makes the Ninja one a good deal?

14Cup vs 9Cup
720W vs 1000W
CAD284.87 vs CAD99.99

Yeah but I've seen many food processors in this size range priced in the $100ish range on sale. Is the Ninja especially good or something? I note that the normal price is $150, which is also common in this size range.

As for the Wattage, I've learned to ignore the manufacturers claims, because they're often exaggerated, and can't be compared against different brands either since their amount of exaggeration varies.

If you've used it and compared it to many others in actual use, then that's good info. But if you're just comparing paper specs, that's not the same thing.
Aug 21, 2013
222 posts
225 upvotes
Kitchener
GammaRayFort wrote: what was your original question? what makes the Ninja one a good deal?

14Cup vs 9Cup
720W vs 1000W
CAD284.87 vs CAD99.99

Power is not the only thing that matters and comparing them on how much power they have is not a reasonable thing to do. Different motors and different type of motors have different torque curves and the gearing also affects it's power characteristics.
Im not saying one is better than the other. The Ninja is obviously very competitively priced and I havent used either but the "math" of advertised power is far from simple to compare
Mar 15, 2019
805 posts
950 upvotes
EugW wrote: Yeah but I've seen many food processors in this size range priced in the $100ish range on sale. Is the Ninja especially good or something? I note that the normal price is $150, which is also common in this size range.

As for the Wattage, I've learned to ignore the manufacturers claims, because they're often exaggerated, and can't be compared against different brands either since their amount of exaggeration varies.

If you've used it and compared it to many others in actual use, then that's good info. But if you're just comparing paper specs, that's not the same thing.
highlight of the message :
" ...ignore the manufacturers claims ... exaggeration ..."
"... paper specs... not same thing..."

Response: your Cuisanrt would be a good deal if it's ~179. Reason as above.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Mar 15, 2019
805 posts
950 upvotes
KevlarCoated wrote: Power is not the only thing that matters and comparing them on how much power they have is not a reasonable thing to do. Different motors and different type of motors have different torque curves and the gearing also affects it's power characteristics.
Im not saying one is better than the other. The Ninja is obviously very competitively priced and I havent used either but the "math" of advertised power is far from simple to compare
which one did you buy? was it a good deal?
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19439 posts
5493 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: highlight of the message :
" ...ignore the manufacturers claims ... exaggeration ..."
"... paper specs... not same thing..."

Response: your Cuisanrt would be a good deal if it's ~179. Reason as above.
So in other words, you're just going by paper specs. That's not very useful information.

Plus, I'm not even trying to compare my Cuisinart because they are different size classes. What I'm wondering is why this is a better food processor than other food processors in the same size and price class. ie. 8-9 cup in the $100-150 price range. (The $150 models of various brands often go on sale to around the $100 price point.)
Mar 15, 2019
805 posts
950 upvotes
EugW wrote: So in other words, you're just going by paper specs. That's not very useful information.

Plus, I'm not even trying to compare my Cuisinart because they are different size classes. What I'm wondering is why this is a better food processor than other food processors in the same size and price class. ie. 8-9 cup in the $100-150 price range. (The $150 models of various brands often go on sale to around the $100 price point.)
14Cup vs 9Cup
720W vs 1000W
CAD284.87 vs CAD99.99

what the difference between Cuisinart's paper and Ninja's paper? you dont have to reply...
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7459 posts
1929 upvotes
GTA
The before mentioned 14-Cup Cuisinart Custom Food Processor is #1 recommended by Cooks Illustrated and other publications. I also know that Ninja makes good products (blenders, etc.) but I am not familiar with the model in question. This isn't meant as a recommendation either way. Different size/price range obviously.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2021
31 posts
53 upvotes
EugW wrote: We have KitchenAid stuff too, but you should be aware that a lot of the lower end to mid-end KitchenAid stuff is fairly cheaply made these days. Like plastic gears and the like. Same with lots of other name brand stuff.

The earlier KitchenAid stuff was much, much better built, but also was often comparatively more expensive (if you factor in inflation).
We had Kitchen Aid 9 cup prior to this. After a month burning smell started coming out of it. Thanks to Canadian Tire return policy. We got store credit at least.