Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Ninja® Professional Food Processor and Dough Maker $99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2021 12:47 am
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
guyfromontario wrote: We had Kitchen Aid 9 cup prior to this. After a month burning smell started coming out of it. Thanks to Canadian Tire return policy. We got store credit at least.
My mother-in-law's KitchenAid mixer is a beast. It's from the 1970s and very solidly built. Turns out it was a true professional appliance, made by Hobart. Hobart sold off KitchenAid in the 80s and now only makes professional mixers, which start around $3500, and go up exponentially from there.

I bought a cheap KitchenAid and was very unimpressed. It wasn't very strong and it didn't feel like it was well made either. I gave that away and then bought their high end consumer model and have been much happier with that. It turns out that model was also sold as a professional model (small cafés and the like) but with different accessories and at a higher price with a longer warranty.

So, they don't make things like they used to, but it should also be noted that my mother-in-law's mixer was hella expensive by current standards too after factoring in inflation. I don't think many RFDers would be happy paying a few thousand bucks in 2021 for a stand mixer.
Last edited by EugW on Apr 18th, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 24, 2021
117 posts
397 upvotes
EugW wrote: Yeah but I've seen many food processors in this size range priced in the $100ish range on sale. Is the Ninja especially good or something? I note that the normal price is $150, which is also common in this size range.

As for the Wattage, I've learned to ignore the manufacturers claims, because they're often exaggerated, and can't be compared against different brands either since their amount of exaggeration varies.

If you've used it and compared it to many others in actual use, then that's good info. But if you're just comparing paper specs, that's not the same thing.
Agree that cuisinart 14 cup is comparable to this one, it comes with more extensions, etc. But for a food processor under $150, Ninja is the best. The double blades are so powerful for food processing and dough blade for dough making.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
guyfromontario wrote: Agree that cuisinart 14 cup is comparable to this one, it comes with more extensions, etc. But for a food processor under $150, Ninja is the best. The double blades are so powerful for food processing and dough blade for dough making.
We use a stand mixer for dough. Or I should say my wife does. I use the bread maker for my dough, since all I ever make with dough (besides bread) is buns and I like the built-in warmed rising period for the dough setting of the bread maker.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
I don't have any food processor but I just want to pitch in and say that Kitchenaid has a HORRIBLE customer service. It's basically nonexistent. They ignore you and let you hanging for weeks and reply saying that they can't do anything after many messages on their public pages. Also, they don't have any repair program in place so if your product is malfunctioning, tough luck, you have to take it to a local shop (if it even still exists) and have them fix it. If it's under warranty, they will just send another one out to replace it but they are hugggggeely backordered. I've seen comments on how someone ordered back in like June 2020 and still hasn't received theirs.

Question. Ontario is locked down, is there any way to get this?

------
Nvmd. I see that they have curbside pickup.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
Any other opinions on the actual deal product rather than Kitchenaid? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Debating buying this for cabin, trying to justify it but feel it's going to be used the rare time I make pizza/bread, though I do enjoy both!
Dec 3, 2005
916 posts
1072 upvotes
S
osuman wrote: Any other opinions on the actual deal product rather than Kitchenaid? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I don’t have this, but I think it’s a small food processor for occasional chopping, slicing, shredding, and making small batches of stiff dough (low hydration doughs like pasta). The sale price is reasonable and worth a try if you have a specific need for it.

A stand mixer would be much more versatile for making dough of various hydration and quantities, and has of lots of other uses.
A larger food processor (cuisinart and breville sous chef) would provide better slicing and shredding experience.
A meat grinder would produce ground meat with better and more even, customizable texture.
A blender would blend and purée better, and can crush ice.
I purchase these separately because they do perform differently.
Mar 5, 2021
388 posts
789 upvotes
Ontario
+1. Bought one
God bless Canada and the whole world.