Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

NOCO GB70 Jump Starter 2000 A $199.99 (3 day sale)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 11:16 am
Feb 13, 2008
126 posts
119 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] NOCO GB70 Jump Starter 2000 A $199.99 (3 day sale)

Canadian Tire has a great price for the GB70 for their 3 day sale (ends Sun)

$199.99 is cheaper than the Amazon lightning deals that keep popping up in the last few weeks. I think Amazon's price was about $220
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Not sure if these are worth that much, you can find cheap chinese ones on amazon or ebay for $30.
Nov 14, 2006
586 posts
73 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
With lithium-ion batteries, I'd stick with quality known names, not cheap Chinese (fire risk etc). I bought the GB70 a few weeks ago and very happy with it.
Apr 19, 2016
23 posts
26 upvotes
I thought Noco is made in China, LOL. These aren't true 2000amp, more like 1000amp but has an optional 2000a surge for very short burst, so not good for larger engine types like trucks and SUV.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
Worth checking out some past reviews of jump starters like this one:

The Noco Genius models generally get good reviews for safety, but like all the others their output amperage rating is wildly exaggerated.

Seems a bit overpriced compared to the competition.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
Researched this one and decided to purchase, wanted a brand name lithium ion with enough power with reserve for the really cold nights when i expect to use it the most. I have had lead/acid boosters over the years with differing degree's of success, my last one however was a piece of junk right from day one.

The Noco GP70 has enough capacity for my vehicles and i have seen bench tested at 450 amps for 10 seconds (limitation of the load so 450 amps was the maximum the bench test could test, most crank attempts would be less than 10 seconds and likely 5 seconds and on a partial battery). Most 4 cyl engines require 150 - 180 amps, perhaps 6 cyl engines might be 250 amps. So 450 amps is more than enough even in sub zero weather, and the rugged nature of the build quality coupled with safety features, size, bypass feature and ease of use helped me choose this unit.

Cost is a factor but purchased in the US at Pepboys for $169 ALL IN so the equivalent of $225 Canadian. The GP40 was $92 US so $122 Canadian.

Used the unit today on my work vehicle that has been dead for 3 weeks, Noco GP70 started it first crank without any hesitation in -13C temp today on a 3.6l engine completely dead. The remote door opener wouldn't turn on and i had to use bypass mode seeing the car battery was less than 2 volts. Car dies afterwards due to the battery having an internal short, but i boosted the thing up four times and it still shows 100% power level. The van would run with reving the engine up a bit but once you let off the gas or put in drive the engine would shut off. Needless to say the Noco GP70 did it's job easily, started up first crank each time no issues at all and this is the worst it will ever see considering the circumstances.

My lead acid booster pack wouldn't even jump this one, so that is what gave me the opportunity to go to a Lithium ion battery pack.

Highly recommend the GP70, seeing it is the larger unit over the GP40 it should give the reserve needed for the tough jobs when an emergency really hits in sub zero weather out in the middle of nowhere.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)