Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

NOMA Solar "Fairy" Lights String, 25m, 250 LEDs - Clearance Price $19.99-$15.99 (50%+ off) *YMMV*

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 12:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4364 posts
9845 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] NOMA Solar "Fairy" Lights String, 25m, 250 LEDs - Clearance Price $19.99-$15.99 (50%+ off) *YMMV*

Was at my local Canadian Tire and picked up six of these outdoor NOMA Solar Light sets, 25m or 82 ft in length with 250 micro LEDs. These were on clearance for $19.99 each, $20 or 50% off their regular price of $39.99. There are some stores selling these as low as $15.99.

Comparables from Amazon.ca (note: this set is 250 LEDs at 82ft):
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=solar+fairy+Lights

When turned on, these "fairy" lights in warm white have 8 different display settings ranging from a very gentle slow twinkle to a fade-in-out setting to a Christmas like blinking pattern, etc. These can also be put in random mode where it'll switch between all the various display settings or a basic solid lit mode. This set is very long at over 80 ft and includes 250 micro LEDs, again in a very beautiful warm white (I'd guess around 2300 K). Included in the box is the small solar panel that automatically charges it's internal battery during the day and automatically comes on at night with your selected display. Also included is a stake to mount the solar panel in the ground.

We bought these for our RV when camping (string them around the campsite at night) as well as permanent install on our front and rear decks and a few to wrap trees in our garden. If you haven't seen outdoor "fairy" lights before, I'll add a youtube vid below, but not of this exact set. Our family finds these lights very classy and beautiful.

• NOMA Solar Light String features 250 LED solar warm white fairy string lights
  • Designed with a solar panel and requires (3) AA batteries
  • Built with switch and 8 functions
  • Offers approximately a 6 hour operating time once fully charged
  • Length: 82'3" (25 m)
  • Note: For first time use, press the on/off switch to turn on the light, then the solar panel is inductive. It will be on at night and off during day time automatically.

NOMA Solar Light String, 250-ct
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... 21621.html

Stocktrack shows them widely in stock for $19.99 at many stores throughout BC, AB, ON, etc, but not all stores seem to be selling them for this price so YMMV.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0521621

Not *exactly* these NOMA lights, but almost identical to these to give you an idea:

Again, not *exactly* these NOMA lights, but gives an example of what "fairy" lights look like. You'd need a lot for this particularly beautiful garden!:
Last edited by Elrondolio on Aug 13th, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
36 replies
Jun 18, 2015
343 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bought 1 last week, and bought a 2nd the day after.

They are exactly what I was looking for....just enough light for looks, but not much for brightness to light up the entire yard.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4830 posts
1497 upvotes
Charlottetown
$39.99 here, but thanks OP, pretty cool looking, would have been easy outdoor Xmas decorating :)
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2017 posts
766 upvotes
Nepean
townie22 wrote: $39.99 here, but thanks OP, pretty cool looking, would have been easy outdoor Xmas decorating :)
Just a point here that we don't get much daylight/sunlight near Xmas and there are lots of hours of dark. I bought some Noma solar powered Xmas lights and they work great in the summer, the winter not so much! Probably best for those in the southern hemisphere!
Wrocky
May 19, 2021
27 posts
37 upvotes
"Designed with a solar panel and requires (3) AA batteries"

Should mention that they would be rechargeable batteries. If guess NiMH. If NiCAD batteries required, definitly would pass
Apr 26, 2009
902 posts
817 upvotes
Calgary
Show as as $29 in Calgary unfortunately. Thanks though OP
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2899 posts
1805 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wrocky wrote: Just a point here that we don't get much daylight/sunlight near Xmas and there are lots of hours of dark. I bought some Noma solar powered Xmas lights and they work great in the summer, the winter not so much! Probably best for those in the southern hemisphere!
Just mean u adjust the angle. My multi colour crackle bulbs are | now but will be \ in winter and work fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1084 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
$15.99 at Main and Danforth in Toronto!
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Jun 9, 2019
575 posts
712 upvotes
Multiple poor reviews about 1-2hour battery life. Buyer beware if your plan is to use this in Canada during the winter.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1269 posts
1172 upvotes
Oomani wrote: Multiple poor reviews about 1-2hour battery life. Buyer beware if your plan is to use this in Canada during the winter.
They're solar powered on rechargeable cells. They're not really meant for the winter.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1370 posts
1190 upvotes
Recoil wrote: They're solar powered on rechargeable cells. They're not really meant for the winter.
That sounds like a major design flaw for Christmas lights.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1269 posts
1172 upvotes
Flunk wrote: That sounds like a major design flaw for Christmas lights.
That's because they're not Christmas lights. These are summer clearance.

They won't work at all in the winter, actually — solar panels with snow on them tend not to gather much light.

You're both expecting these to do something they were explicitly not designed to do.

They're summer garden lights... for the summer. Hence why they're on clearance at the end of the summer.
Jul 18, 2006
860 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op. They rang up at 15.99 for main and danforth location!
Apr 1, 2009
437 posts
628 upvotes
Winnipeg
19.99 in Portage la Prairie mb, cheapest store in Winnipeg appears to be 29.99.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7726 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
Wonder how they will last if getting rained on, the work to string them up and pull them down, not sure if it's worth the bother. Price is right
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1741 posts
1644 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Recoil wrote: That's because they're not Christmas lights. These are summer clearance.

They won't work at all in the winter, actually — solar panels with snow on them tend not to gather much light.

You're both expecting these to do something they were explicitly not designed to do.

They're summer garden lights... for the summer. Hence why they're on clearance at the end of the summer.
Because common sense is not very common anymore.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2920 posts
1904 upvotes
Moon
How heavy are they is tape enough to use indoors? Tons of people are putting up lights in their condos, wondering if I should do the same.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2410 posts
1983 upvotes
Montreal
kangarooz wrote: How heavy are they is tape enough to use indoors? Tons of people are putting up lights in their condos, wondering if I should do the same.
You know these are solar powered ?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1427 posts
1896 upvotes
maybe he put solar receiver close to window
elpaso wrote: You know these are solar powered ?