Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

NordicTrack C9.9i Elliptical with 12 Months Family iFit (worth $500) as low as $500 now....very YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2022 12:11 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1152 posts
1306 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC

[Canadian Tire] NordicTrack C9.9i Elliptical with 12 Months Family iFit (worth $500) as low as $500 now....very YMMV

These are now as low as $500 if you are lucky enough to be in Ontario (Aylmer, 9 in stock there), with prices as low as $750 elsewhere in Canada. Looks like there are only 24 left under $1000 across Canada.

This is a smoking price as the 1 year iFit Family membership that is included in worth $500 on its own. Great Christmas present if anyone is looking for one of these. Bought one ourselves and were very impressed.

Look out for stackable Canadian Tire money offers - we got another $115 back on our purchase.

As these are old stock, you will need to phone iFit to activate the membership as the code will report as being no longer valid. Took me just 2 minutes on the phone when I did it a couple of months ago. No questions asked. As a further bonus, manual activation removes the need to give NordicTrack your credit card details for extending the subscription!

Stock: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=1840044

IF IT SHOWS AS BEING $3499.99 WHEN YOU CLICK THE LINK, THERE AREN'T ANY IN YOUR STORE!

This machine is still $1849 from NordicTrack themselves (it has actually gone up in price since last month!) - with only 1 month, 1 person membership included.

Don't order one and then change your mind, as these are currently being returned to NordicTrack when orders are cancelled, rather than being returned to stock now, because of the need to manually activate the membership.
Last edited by BritsinCanada on Nov 28th, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1152 posts
1306 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
4 of the $500 ones and one $750 one sold since I posted this, but not a single comment Face With Tears Of Joy

They probably don’t even show at this price in-store (and most stores will have moved these to the warehouse to make way for Christmas and bikes, so that’s all RFDers…
Nov 8, 2012
965 posts
842 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks! i think i got one, waiting for confirmation. im pretty close to Alymer. Swapped out for a 25x off, plus $40 back in CT for Black Friday, plus TWE Base points! Would that be about $115 back as well?

appreciate the tips on the ifit too!
Jan 19, 2006
923 posts
84 upvotes
I've owned this model for over a year. I've had many issues from the beginning, had to do warranty parts/service calls twice and each time it takes about 4-6 months for them to finally solve my issue. Parts have died for no reason, bearing seized, bolts melt and break off, the size arm/leg section came off while working out. I put things together correctly too.
So far after two issues, my warranty is done but it seems to be okay now. The plastic parts creak lot though and the motor is quite loud when the incline changes. You can't really work out near sleeping people that for sure.
I've taken it apart so many times now if another bearing dies at least I can do it myself.
By the way for people flipping this and just keeping the ifit membership it's not really worth it. The box weighs a tonne and you can get full family memberships from ebay for about $150. I've done it and they work. Then you just get 4 other people to share into it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1152 posts
1306 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
ScoFF wrote: I've owned this model for over a year. I've had many issues from the beginning, had to do warranty parts/service calls twice and each time it takes about 4-6 months for them to finally solve my issue. Parts have died for no reason, bearing seized, bolts melt and break off, the size arm/leg section came off while working out. I put things together correctly too.
So far after two issues, my warranty is done but it seems to be okay now. The plastic parts creak lot though and the motor is quite loud when the incline changes. You can't really work out near sleeping people that for sure.
I've taken it apart so many times now if another bearing dies at least I can do it myself.
By the way for people flipping this and just keeping the ifit membership it's not really worth it. The box weighs a tonne and you can get full family memberships from ebay for about $150. I've done it and they work. Then you just get 4 other people to share into it.
Very difficult for bearings to seize if they've been lubricated correctly during assembly by the purchaser. They're basically no different to the ones in your car wheels/alternator/water pump, which typically rotate 15 times faster and for much, much longer.

As for the bolts shearing off, the only posts I've seen online about this confirm that the profiled 'plate shape' washers on the bearings have been put on back to front when the machine was assembled at home, which locks the bearing and the sleeve together, making the bolt get get progressively tighter until the bolt shears off. These bearings, bolts and plate washers are no different to the ones on true commercial ellipticals at your local gym, which see probably 20 times more use.

We've had no issues with ours, nor has our neighbour who has had this machine for 3 years - his gets 2-3 hours use per day!

Yes, the incline motor is noisy, just like every other elliptical.

Please post links to this "$150 family membership on eBay", because $150 typically just gets you a single membership slot on someone else's family membership (which the seller could just cancel on you at any time too!). The full version goes for upwards of $200 USD or higher on eBay, which is currently approx $300 CAD once you've paid the US Taxes which now get added on automatically on eBay. That's if you can get a seller to send to Canada. A border parcel depot might be your only choice - not ideal for most people.
Jan 19, 2006
923 posts
84 upvotes
BritsinCanada wrote: As for the bolts shearing off, the only posts I've seen online about this confirm that the profiled 'plate shape' washers on the bearings have been put on back to front when the machine was assembled at home, which locks the bearing and the sleeve together, making the bolt get get progressively tighter until the bolt shears off.
The bolt that busted off could only be put on the one way. Inward, fastening to the frame. There was no confusion on this.
The bearing that seized was a joint in the leg piece that was already in place at the factory, preconnected to another piece. There was no lubing before assembly there, or take apart what they did, lube it and put it back together. It was clearly a manufacturing issue. The guy that came to my house confirmed this, there was no user error here.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1152 posts
1306 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
A few more have dropped to $550 - Merritt, Drayton Valley and Vanier.