Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Nu Finish Graphene Coating $23.39

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2022 8:51 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2899 posts
2574 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Nu Finish Graphene Coating $23.39

This is a new product. I recently bought it and it works really well, I think I like this better than the turtle wax hybrid ceramic.

Crazy hydrophobic

66 replies
Nov 8, 2013
642 posts
476 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: This is a new product. I recently bought it and it works really well, I think I like this better than the turtle wax hybrid ceramic.

Crazy hydrophobic

graphene coating is supposed to stronger than ceramic, especially hybrid ceramic.

Tempting deal
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
Ah good ol' New Finish, jumpin' on the Graphene Bandwagon for some new-found resurgence/clout :lol:

And it's really more of a resurgence than TW had with their ceramic line, since I mean who has used NuFinish anything, in the past 30 years? lol TW at least had some semi-well-regarded products still going. Then again NuFinish is just a brand owned by some holdings corp these days so who knows what other brands they have that are related.

Anyway the new graphene craze may be there and the product may be great but unfortunately you buy two bottles of TW ceramic before and then the next thing comes along and you buy that. Now you have two bottles of the "old stuff" and more bottle(s) of new stuff. This must explain all the different polishes, waxes, sealants, I still have from years gone by :lol:

Now I'm just gonna wait until they start making entire cars out of ceramic instead of getting into the next thing every year or two lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3298 posts
3640 upvotes
sorry, not much of a car guy, whats the purpose of these? why do u want ur cars body to be hydrophobic?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2035 posts
2981 upvotes
Airdrie
I think I'll grab a bottle, I always use a spray wax and hand dry my car and I'm almost out. I'll try this instead. It is much cheaper than other sprays including graphene at the moment.
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: sorry, not much of a car guy, whats the purpose of these? why do u want ur cars body to be hydrophobic?

So the rain doesn't ruin your shiny clean paint finish.
But the ultimate goal is to protect your paint from UV and road debris, just like wax.
It's just a new type of a car wax.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3079 posts
4545 upvotes
West GTA
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: sorry, not much of a car guy, whats the purpose of these? why do u want ur cars body to be hydrophobic?
It makes water run off instead of sticking and drying, and anything that dissolves or stick to water runs off too. That makes your car stay cleaner for longer. It also looks kinda neat when it gets wet.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3298 posts
3640 upvotes
grumble wrote: It makes water run off instead of sticking and drying, and anything that dissolves or stick to water runs off too. That makes your car stay cleaner for longer. It also looks kinda neat when it gets wet.
does this help in the winter against salt marks? lol
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3079 posts
4545 upvotes
West GTA
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: does this help in the winter against salt marks? lol
Probably somewhat yeah, though it's no miracle. You can just kinda rinse your car off and it'll usually get gunk of pretty easily though. Personally I think that this property is more of a 'bonus' than essential to a coating, but it does help with appearance and ease of use and maintenance.
Dec 3, 2019
277 posts
548 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Ah good ol' New Finish, jumpin' on the Graphene Bandwagon for some new-found resurgence/clout :lol:

And it's really more of a resurgence than TW had with their ceramic line, since I mean who has used NuFinish anything, in the past 30 years? lol TW at least had some semi-well-regarded products still going. Then again NuFinish is just a brand owned by some holdings corp these days so who knows what other brands they have that are related.

Anyway the new graphene craze may be there and the product may be great but unfortunately you buy two bottles of TW ceramic before and then the next thing comes along and you buy that. Now you have two bottles of the "old stuff" and more bottle(s) of new stuff. This must explain all the different polishes, waxes, sealants, I still have from years gone by :lol:

Now I'm just gonna wait until they start making entire cars out of ceramic instead of getting into the next thing every year or two lol.

I don't know what you're talking about nufinish is awesome. It makes a fantastic base coat that lasts forever.

Do a coat of it wait 24 hours do another one and then you can put wax or whatever you want on top of it.

I've used it on everything from my GMC Sierra to my Mustang GT premium.

Fantastic protection
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18924 posts
10494 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Then again NuFinish is just a brand owned by some holdings corp these days so who knows what other brands they have that are related.
Nu Finish is owned by Energizer. Up until then it was family owned.
Oct 14, 2015
431 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
Just watched a comparison. The graphene one lasts a year and does a better job making water slide off, but the ceramic lasts up to 100 washes ...this guy did a test and so I'll go with their ceramic coating for $1 less and also 'on sale' at crappy tire
Sep 25, 2007
100 posts
50 upvotes
DaveB596 wrote: I don't know what you're talking about nufinish is awesome. It makes a fantastic base coat that lasts forever.

Do a coat of it wait 24 hours do another one and then you can put wax or whatever you want on top of it.

Fantastic protection
Agreed, Nu-Finish is underrated, easy to apply and lasts for months.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3298 posts
3640 upvotes
DaveB596 wrote: I don't know what you're talking about nufinish is awesome. It makes a fantastic base coat that lasts forever.

Fantastic protection
wait do u have to put wax on top of it or can u just leave it as the outer most coat?
Dec 3, 2019
277 posts
548 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: wait do u have to put wax on top of it or can u just leave it as the outer most coat?

You can just leave it as the outer coat it ends up looking like a Polish.

if you want the deep look you have to put wax over top of it polish and wax always have a different look.

For an everyday car nufinish is more than enough by itself to make it look good
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3217 posts
1892 upvotes
Surrey
Can these be applied at windshield as well?
Rainx leaves streaks in rain
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3298 posts
3640 upvotes
DaveB596 wrote: You can just leave it as the outer coat it ends up looking like a Polish.

if you want the deep look you have to put wax over top of it polish and wax always have a different look.

For an everyday car nufinish is more than enough by itself to make it look good
cool thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)