• Feb 3rd, 2021 4:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3503 posts
644 upvotes
GTA

[Canadian Tire] Oil change coupons

I have a few Canadian tire oil change coupons. Not gonna use them. If you trust Canadian tire and would like them for free, PM me. Located in the GTA.
9 replies
Jul 20, 2017
160 posts
124 upvotes
I am interested. Wouldn't trust them for more than an oil change.

What are the coupons anyways?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1229 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably the one that comes with the Roadside Assistance package from Canadian Tire.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3582 posts
1197 upvotes
Ontario
Are they somehow tied to your roadside assistance membership number and vehicle?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.1%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Dec 15, 2006
949 posts
548 upvotes
Ottawa
minimalist wrote: Are they somehow tied to your roadside assistance membership number and vehicle?
Membership number is printed on the coupon. I'm not sure how closely they scrutinize. Their roadside assistance can be tied to either vehicle or driver so no restrictions on vehicle.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3503 posts
644 upvotes
GTA
virgonomic wrote: Membership number is printed on the coupon. I'm not sure how closely they scrutinize. Their roadside assistance can be tied to either vehicle or driver so no restrictions on vehicle.
Yes they are from the roadside assistance. They don't scrutinize from what i hear.

As of right now, they're still available. Must be picked up in North York.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1621 posts
2337 upvotes
West
virgonomic wrote:
Membership number is printed on the coupon. I'm not sure how closely they scrutinize. Their roadside assistance can be tied to either vehicle or driver so no restrictions on vehicle.
flamez1000 wrote: Yes they are from the roadside assistance. They don't scrutinize from what i hear.

As of right now, they're still available. Must be picked up in North York.
There shouldn't be any scrutiny. One can simply have more than one vehicle, and if one is on a driver plan (vs. a vehicle one), I'm not even sure if your vehicle information is kept on file.

Regardless, I've used them on the other half's vehicle before without issue, and their information was not tied to my file... so there shouldn't be a problem for the prospective recipient.

I would take the free one if that's still available, but I live in YVR, unfortunately. If you are willing to mail it though (I'll pay for postage), you can PM me. I'm not as afraid of CT oil changes as other RFDers... yet.
Dec 15, 2006
949 posts
548 upvotes
Ottawa
Phonophoresis wrote: There shouldn't be any scrutiny. One can simply have more than one vehicle, and if one is on a driver plan (vs. a vehicle one), I'm not even sure if your vehicle information is kept on file.
We are talking about someone, possibly not even a CTRSA member, using a coupon with another member number printed on it. There is a nonzero chance that gets flagged.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10676 posts
12934 upvotes
Vancouver
Phonophoresis wrote: There shouldn't be any scrutiny. One can simply have more than one vehicle, and if one is on a driver plan (vs. a vehicle one), I'm not even sure if your vehicle information is kept on file.
This. Vehicle ownership is not even required to get CT roadside assistance. They give you vouchers that can be used on any vehicle.
but I live in YVR
<cringe> Please don't do that. I'm sure you don't live at the airport. For decades the 3-letter airport code meant the airport only, how is it in the last few years that it has started to mean the entire metro region?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3503 posts
644 upvotes
GTA
Thanks all, these have been claimed.

Mods feel free to lock/delete thread.