• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 3:42 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
11 posts
109 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Canadian Tire] Pair of 20lb dumbbells for $18

At Meadowvale town center in Mississauga. A pair of 15lb dumbbells was $12.
Images
  • C2AA4F5E-262A-4BE4-91C2-2A3EDBB2184A.jpeg
Last edited by bansal98 on Sep 6th, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Aug 13, 2020
33 posts
32 upvotes
What is the reason for the downvotes? Are there any cheaper dumbbells or weight plates options available?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1540 posts
4813 upvotes
Calgary, AB
A link or picture would be helpful.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1266 posts
1080 upvotes
0z00n0 wrote: What is the reason for the downvotes? Are there any cheaper dumbbells or weight plates options available?
Major ymmv. No pictures. No details. No brand info. It's a barebones post.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2012
201 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Masernaut wrote: Major ymmv. No pictures. No details. No brand info. It's a barebones post.
Or slimy people downvoting this so fewer people see it, thus they have a higher chance of getting it themselves.
Dec 24, 2010
133 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
This is enough details for anyone with a brain to know it's YMMV and the OP is helping someone to catch a good deal. Exactly what the 'community' is meant to do.

How did RFD community become so entitled? Don't shame the OP for doing what the purpose of the forum is for. Until someone posts the deal is dead and sold out.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1595 posts
994 upvotes
crosby86 wrote: This is enough details for anyone with a brain to know it's YMMV and the OP is helping someone to catch a good deal. Exactly what the 'community' is meant to do.

How did RFD community become so entitled? Don't shame the OP for doing what the purpose of the forum is for. Until someone posts the deal is dead and sold out.
No link? ok... I'll just google the brand... oh wait, no name? I'll look it up myself with the picture.. oh.. no picture either?

I don't feel I'm entitled... but a post containing one if not all 3 of the above would be greatly appreciated so I can do some further research on it on my own but can't really since there are no details...

I guess I'm a dumbbell about dumbbells since I don't know the pricing on weights or exercise equipment in general... doesn't necessarily mean I don't have a brain... I don't know if this is a one off in 1 particular store, or it could be province wide or even nationwide. I could look up the sku... but wait, I can't because no details...

I appreciate the effort to post, but some constructive criticism to make the post more valuable is good for everybody.
Oct 15, 2020
166 posts
379 upvotes
montreal, QC
vandidant wrote: Or slimy people downvoting this so fewer people see it, thus they have a higher chance of getting it themselves.
You know how he who smelt it dealt it ? Something like that...but for ideas
Is this thing on?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6670 posts
2367 upvotes
Vancouver
Omg...the dummies who feel entitled for everything and want to know the...lol...BRAND of a $18 dumbell... I guess, have to make sure when you take those 15lb outside to curl, every bruh can see you are rocking the top-brand. And lest not forget how non-brand name dumbells...you know...melt and break apart only after a few uses.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Apr 19, 2009
249 posts
120 upvotes
20 lbs isn’t 20 lbs. I’ll explain to you later. Coaches have said that for years, but 20 lbs isn’t 20 lbs.

-LeBron James
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1266 posts
1080 upvotes
dazz wrote: Omg...the dummies who feel entitled for everything and want to know the...lol...BRAND of a $18 dumbell... I guess, have to make sure when you take those 15lb outside to curl, every bruh can see you are rocking the top-brand. And lest not forget how non-brand name dumbells...you know...melt and break apart only after a few uses.
You literally know nothing about weights. Stop acting like a smart ass. OP added a picture and while it's still a shite picture, from what I can tell, these are those hard plastic shell dumbbells with sand inside. Which is the cheapest and worst you can buy.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3063 posts
1077 upvotes
North York
0z00n0 wrote: What is the reason for the downvotes? Are there any cheaper dumbbells or weight plates options available?
Yeah, I paid over $100 for my pair of 25lbs from Amazon so this is a great deal if you can find it
Jun 19, 2021
4 posts
22 upvotes
I don't have the link but I believe I have seen some at winners around that price or better. Will try to take a photo next time I am there.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2784 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
venom4life wrote: I don't have the link but I believe I have seen some at winners around that price or better. Will try to take a photo next time I am there.
I went to Winners last Friday and they were around $2 a pound or so... So if this is a PAIR, it's definitely a lot cheaper
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4408 posts
1947 upvotes
Parry Sound
vandidant wrote: Or slimy people downvoting this so fewer people see it, thus they have a higher chance of getting it themselves.
Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1907 posts
482 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: You literally know nothing about weights. Stop acting like a smart ass. OP added a picture and while it's still a shite picture, from what I can tell, these are those hard plastic shell dumbbells with sand inside. Which is the cheapest and worst you can buy.
For 20 pound dumbbells, it doesn't make a huge difference.