[OP]
Jul 23, 2007
179 posts
209 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] Pandemic board game CLEARANCE $29.99

Most stores sell this for 45$. CT sells for $49.99
So 29.99$ is a real bargain
The Canadian Tire website might not show the real store price, use Stocktrack to verify.

Still in stock in many stores in the east coast.
Western Canada is very low stock

Stock Track
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0505495
23 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2721 posts
501 upvotes
TIL Canadian Tire sells board games
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1035 posts
480 upvotes
Cold deal for the friendships you will lose.
Jul 6, 2017
5 posts
5 upvotes
Carcassonne board game is also in the clearance for $23.99. Doesn't look like many are left in stock though.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2007
179 posts
209 upvotes
Montreal
MrDiedrich wrote: Carcassonne board game is also in the clearance for $23.99. Doesn't look like many are left in stock though.
Nice catch
That’s about what i paid at TRU with the 40% ampli and RBC promo.
Jul 9, 2012
99 posts
65 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Fantastic price for a great game. Tons of fun with great replay ability.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1075 posts
882 upvotes
Good game and price. I would recommend getting pandemic legacy from bestbuy when it goes on sale next. I think season 1 goes for under 50 frequently. One of the best board games I've played.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1200 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
Bought Pandemic from Amazon this year at Black Friday for the same price.

Tried playing with my wife after a couple a beers.

...not a good game to try and learn while drunk.
Feb 23, 2012
39 posts
67 upvotes
BC
Great game, in for one. Thanks OP. Bought from the Langley BC location this evening. One left there
Jul 20, 2005
165 posts
54 upvotes
Burnaby
nicolascon wrote: Good game and price. I would recommend getting pandemic legacy from bestbuy when it goes on sale next. I think season 1 goes for under 50 frequently. One of the best board games I've played.
Agreed. If you're even considering buying Pandemic, hold off. Wait for Indigo to have a board game sale and buy it with your Indigo Rewards; it's frequently under $50. Pandemic Legacy (Season 1) can be played as normal Pandemic until you're ready to take on the Legacy story and it's worth every penny. I've bought two copies of Season 2 so I can play with different groups.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2883 posts
1628 upvotes
I got season 2 for around $50 with all the extra saving tactics.

It took a long time to find season 1 for any kind of sale and eventually found it for $60.

Season 1 does not go on sale often.. not once since Black Friday... In fact most places never had stock. Best Buy still shows its clearance price on it but they won't restock.

As for skipping Pandemic to go straight to Legacy, my understanding was that you wanted your group to have played Pandemic to have how it plays under your belt... And to make sure the group you picked will actually like it.

That said.. used copies go pretty cheap given its popularity.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1308 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
uklamen wrote: I got season 2 for around $50 with all the extra saving tactics.

It took a long time to find season 1 for any kind of sale and eventually found it for $60.

Season 1 does not go on sale often.. not once since Black Friday... In fact most places never had stock. Best Buy still shows its clearance price on it but they won't restock.

As for skipping Pandemic to go straight to Legacy, my understanding was that you wanted your group to have played Pandemic to have how it plays under your belt... And to make sure the group you picked will actually like it.

That said.. used copies go pretty cheap given its popularity.
I picked up a partly played season 1 for cheap hoping it can this still be played as classic Pandemic. Anyone tried this?
=============
Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2883 posts
1628 upvotes
johnsmithy wrote: I picked up a partly played season 1 for cheap hoping it can this still be played as classic Pandemic. Anyone tried this?
Apparently you can... It won't be the base game, but a modified version of the game. Especially if the previous owner didn't destroy any cards.

I picked up both seasons to play with a group. After that's done, I will have two modified versions of Pandemic we can play. You just don't want to play them with people who may want to play the season, since the point of the season is to see all the changes and surprises unfold.