Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Pennzoil Motor Oil - Buy 2 Five L Jugs and Receive $22 Shell Gift Card Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2021 10:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Pennzoil Motor Oil - Buy 2 Five L Jugs and Receive $22 Shell Gift Card Rebate

Valid from February 14, 2021 - March 14, 2021.

To receive a $22 Shell Gift Card by mail, up to a limit of one (1) per person, household or address (email and physical):

Rebate link: UPDATED link
https://www.pennzoil.com/en_ca/promotio ... Nl83L2NhLw

Canadian Tire sale: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/all-brands/pennzoil.html
Purchase one of the following qualifying motor oils:
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Euro Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Euro Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1
Last edited by zobi123 on Feb 17th, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
69 replies
Jun 27, 2006
508 posts
130 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Oil change, not oil
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
CanAm wrote: Oil change, not oil
Updated the link https://www.pennzoil.com/en_ca/promotio ... Nl83L2NhLw

Looks like you need to buy 2, 5 liter jugs
Similar to the $10 rebate that happed last year. Works out to $11 per bottle but in form of gift card.

Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Ten (10) 1-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Euro Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1 OR
Two (2) 5-Litre bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Euro Full Synthetic motor oil, and receive a $22 Shell Gift Card1
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1006 posts
121 upvotes
Why does it say motor oil change? You need to do an oil change to get the shell card or just buy the oil?

EDIT: saw new link. Comes to about $22 per bottle after tax. Not as good as the other rebate we had but will grab it. Thanks, liked your post.

Edit2: grabbed 2. It was a better deal with the Triangle Offer: Spend $50, Collect $10 Canadian Tire Money.

2 x 28.99= 57.98 + Tax = $65.52 - $22gc = $43.52 - $10CTM = $33.52 / 2 = $16.76 per bottle after tax.
Last edited by -Skyline- on Feb 18th, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
-Skyline- wrote: Why does it say motor oil change? You need to do an oil change to get the shell card or just buy the oil?
I updated the post. It's buy 2 bottles of the 5 liter jugs and get $22 back in the form of shell card.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1862 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
How would they know if you buy 2, and then return it?
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1010 posts
365 upvotes
Man I'm so confused about this deal :(

Edit:

Buy 2 5L jugs. Submit the rebate and receive $22 shell gift card? Is this correct?

How is this better from previous rebates?

Thanks!
Last edited by demzie on Feb 17th, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1862 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
demzie wrote: Man I'm so confused about this deal :(
its straightforward, just click the link, OP botched up the title.
😎Thanks RFD😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
demzie wrote: Man I'm so confused about this deal :(

Edit:

Buy 2 5L jugs. Submit the rebate and receive $22 shell gift card? Is this correct?

How is this better from previous rebates?

Thanks!
Previous rebates are usually $10 per bottle, this works out to $11 per bottle but its a gift card vs cash back.
The sale prices vary though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
blackbirdman wrote: its straightforward, just click the link, OP botched up the title.
Fixed the title lol, it was confusing you're right.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7872 posts
8172 upvotes
The Prairies
demzie wrote: How is this better from previous rebates?
Who said it’s better?
Who cares if it’s better, or not better than any previous deal that’s no longer valid.
This is the current promo available, that’s all that matters.
Thumbs Up Sign OP, even though I’m not purchasing this time around (still have 2 jugs left)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
blackbirdman wrote: How would they know if you buy 2, and then return it?
They wouldn't know as they go by the receipt you upload.
So you could buy 2 and return 1 or two. But if too many people do that Pennzoil would catch on if they talk with CT and they report an abnormally high return rate.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7872 posts
8172 upvotes
The Prairies
zobi123 wrote: They wouldn't know as they go by the receipt you upload.
So you could buy 2 and return 1 or two. But if too many people do that Pennzoil would catch on if they talk with CT and they report an abnormally high return rate.
If I recall correctly, they issue the rebates in batches, weeks/months after your claim is submitted.
I imagine they are already aware of snakes in the grass, looking for ways to beat the system, and get something for free, so they likely check the receipt numbers with CT before the rebate is sent.
If the receipt comes up as product returned, no rebate is given.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2487 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
coolintheshade wrote: If I recall correctly, they issue the rebates in batches, weeks/months after your claim is submitted.
I imagine they are already aware of snakes in the grass, looking for ways to beat the system, and get something for free, so they likely check the receipt numbers with CT before the rebate is sent.
If the receipt comes up as product returned, no rebate is given.
I guess they could do that. However in the previous promos people got their rebates typically within 4 weeks and CTs refund policy is 90 days.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1010 posts
365 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Who said it’s better?
Who cares if it’s better, or not better than any previous deal that’s no longer valid.
This is the current promo available, that’s all that matters.
Thumbs Up Sign OP, even though I’m not purchasing this time around (still have 2 jugs left)
i'm buying but i just like to know for reference how this deal compares historically to other similar deals. you ever wonder why people usually post previous hot prices for the product? it's for comparison/reference only and not to put the OP down. SMH.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7872 posts
8172 upvotes
The Prairies
demzie wrote: i'm buying but i just like to know for reference how this deal compares historically to other similar deals. you ever wonder why people usually post previous hot prices for the product? it's for comparison/reference only and not to put the OP down. SMH.
Unless the previous hot deal is still available, it’s irrelevant.
Nov 12, 2018
24 posts
15 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: How would they know if you buy 2, and then return it?
Theoretically they won't. However, all returns to CT are linked to the original receipt. You would be taking a chance that they don't choose your transaction for audit purposes.
Nov 12, 2018
24 posts
15 upvotes
demzie wrote: i'm buying but i just like to know for reference how this deal compares historically to other similar deals. you ever wonder why people usually post previous hot prices for the product? it's for comparison/reference only and not to put the OP down. SMH.
I've seen the oil for about 2-3 dollars cheaper, but only once (and that was last fall). This is the typical "deal" price.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1862 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I mean, i would do this if it was a cashback Rebate. But a shell GC is useless to me.
😎Thanks RFD😎