Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Pennzoil Platinum,Ultra Platinum, Platinum Euro Spec Synthetic Engine oil 5L $19.69, 22.99, 21.34 after rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 10:40 pm
Aug 18, 2017
300 posts
507 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Pennzoil Platinum,Ultra Platinum, Platinum Euro Spec Synthetic Engine oil 5L $19.69, 22.99, 21.34 after rebate

Pennzoil is offering $10 rebate per 5L jug for Platinum, Ultra Platinum and Platinum Euro Spec (Jan 1,2019 to Dec 31,2019)
All three are on sale at Canadian tire
download (1).png

Platinum 0W20, 5W20, 5W30 $29.69-10=$19.69
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/penn ... p.html#srp

Ultra Platinum 0W20, 5W20, 5W30 $32.99-10=$22.99

Platinum Euro Spec 0W30, 5W30 5W40 $31.34-10=$21.34

Rebate:https://www.pennzoil.com/en_ca/promotio ... 5hbDE5Lw==

Limit of 4 5L jugs per household

Time to stock up!
Last edited by Polymertank on Jan 16th, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
54 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
45% off is pretty much every two weeks now lol
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
How's Pennzoil vs Castrol EDGE Synthetic?
Aug 18, 2017
300 posts
507 upvotes
methyl wrote: How's Pennzoil vs Castrol EDGE Synthetic?
There's a forum called Bob is the oil guy.

Personally, i use Mobil1 Extended Performance.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4869 posts
2743 upvotes
Quebec
Stocked up before end of year in December, hope i am gonna receive my rebate.

Because they can't find my rebate in their system(online check)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Who cares? Just make sure you get the right oil spec for your car and you will be fine. Nobody is going to notice any difference between these oils.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
HyperTech wrote: Stocked up before end of year in December, hope i am gonna receive my rebate.

Thanks for the reminder. I just checked mine and the status is "Invalid". Reason given: "Ineligible products purchased, Not a valid Dealer ID". Purchased at Canadian Tire in December. Guess I'll have to call them up.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4869 posts
2743 upvotes
Quebec
brghunter wrote: Thanks for the reminder. I just checked mine and the status is "Invalid". Reason given: "Ineligible products purchased, Not a valid Dealer ID". Purchased at Canadian Tire in December. Guess I'll have to call them up.
They are so inconsistent in their claim process.
Apr 22, 2008
9 posts
3 upvotes
GTA
Beware of the offer period "Offer period is January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019." Only 1 rebate per Person (name) and/or Household address per Offer period. If you rent and the home owner submit the full rebate, you will be denied with "Exceeded Max Limit", for the same offer period.

Ran into this issue and rebate got denied. Called them to clarify, oh well! Returning purchase to Cantire.
Purchase 4 jugs on Jan. 26 2018 and received $40 in March 2018. Bought another 4 jugs in December 2018 and this rebate was denied with "Exceeded......."
Lesson learnt ---- Read the term, use another name and another address.
Jan 5, 2010
424 posts
303 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Awesome, could use some 5W20 & 0W20, but need to find out if anyone is selling CT giftcards for 10+% off....
Mar 26, 2010
216 posts
116 upvotes
I've used both. Depends on how hard you are driving your car. If you are talking about just a daily that you may push once in awhile there is no difference as long as you are changing your oil as per your maintenance schedule (or sooner).
If you are tracking it and have a whole ton of engine mods and your car is tuned to be super sensitive then the answer you are looking for won't be found here.

The only difference I notice between them is my wallet feels a little heavier when I use whichever one goes on sale.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Pennzoil, Mobil 1, and Amsoil are nearly always rated as the top full syn oils... although mix syn for high mileage has come a long way too
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
That would even be a better offer! Good idea / reminder to check the gift card thread
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
HyperTech wrote: Stocked up before end of year in December, hope i am gonna receive my rebate.

Maybe the online check is broken. Mine isn't found either, but I definitely received a confirmation email with confirmation number. Stupid that they don't let you search online for it using the confirmation number.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
I've tried both in my 12 Civic Si & personally, I like Pennzoil Plat over Castrol &or Mobil1. The K24Z7 seems to run ever so slightly smoother but then, it could all be just the placebo effect - YMMV ofcos. that said, in a normal DD situation, it really doesnt matter which brand so long as we keep a steady maintenance schedule.

bottomline, buy the cheapest syn oil unless one is going racing & will be hitting max revs on every gear.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
GT!! wrote: Maybe the online check is broken. Mine isn't found either, but I definitely received a confirmation email with confirmation number. Stupid that they don't let you search online for it using the confirmation number.
If you haven't tried this already, make sure there is a space between the first three and last three characters of your postal code. Looks like their code requires an exact match. I tried without the space and it couldn't find it, with the space worked.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
brghunter wrote: If you haven't tried this already, make sure there is a space between the first three and last three characters of your postal code. Looks like their code requires an exact match. I tried without the space and it couldn't find it, with the space worked.
That did the trick … status says my $40 cheque is in the mail :).
Jan 1, 2018
84 posts
112 upvotes
Darn, 5w-40 not included. I am looking for a good source for 5w-40 with MB approval 229.5. My Canadian Tire doesn't always have stock. Anyone know a good source for this oil?
Feb 12, 2006
730 posts
113 upvotes
Milhousse wrote: Darn, 5w-40 not included. I am looking for a good source for 5w-40 with MB approval 229.5. My Canadian Tire doesn't always have stock. Anyone know a good source for this oil?
5W-40 is included look at the 1st post. Rebate also includes the Euro formula
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
Jan 1, 2018
84 posts
112 upvotes
james-007 wrote: 5W-40 is included look at the 1st post. Rebate also includes the Euro formula
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say it wasn’t available on their website.