Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Canadian Tire PlumbShop® 5-setting Handheld Shower Head $10.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2015 10:57 pm
[OP]
Jan 19, 2015
484 posts
1656 upvotes
Claresholm, AB

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire PlumbShop® 5-setting Handheld Shower Head $10.99

This is available in store. Includes a 60 inch hose and bracket. Some reviews cited leaks as a problem but that may have to do with installation. A pretty good price if you need a new shower head.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
This thing belongs at dollarama.
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
Perfect for throwing on when it's time to wash the pets. Not a fan of the negative effect on water pressure of this style shower head for daily use.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1929 posts
1068 upvotes
Kanata, ON
installed two of these at our home. I wouldn't hesitate to get another. There's a very slow leak where I attached it, just a slow drip that runs down the hose. The piece that threads onto your plumbing is plastic, but for a shower head that cheap it's worth it. Works great for cleaning the shower since you can just spray down the walls. Easy on the kids too when we bathe them in the stand-up shower. May buy another one for our future bathroom in the basement.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1843 posts
203 upvotes
OttRFD wrote: Perfect for throwing on when it's time to wash the pets. Not a fan of the negative effect on water pressure of this style shower head for daily use.
Will this screw on to a laundry sink faucet for washing the dog?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12274 posts
6065 upvotes
MarvinMartian wrote: installed two of these at our home. I wouldn't hesitate to get another. There's a very slow leak where I attached it, just a slow drip that runs down the hose. The piece that threads onto your plumbing is plastic, but for a shower head that cheap it's worth it. Works great for cleaning the shower since you can just spray down the walls. Easy on the kids too when we bathe them in the stand-up shower. May buy another one for our future bathroom in the basement.
We had the same issue with the plastic end on a more expensive jet system. Not sure why they cheap out on the plastic ends.
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
ccdude wrote: Will this screw on to a laundry sink faucet for washing the dog?
If it's threaded, and the same diameter, it should work fine. You may need an adapter, check that the faucet has a male end, otherwise female/female. You can use it exterior too, I've seen it all haha.
Nov 23, 2007
368 posts
29 upvotes
Shower pressure is horrible IMO. Maybe that has to do with installation.
RedFlagSTEALS: 2020 - nothing major....yet ;)
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
Persuade wrote: Shower pressure is horrible IMO. Maybe that has to do with installation.
There's probably a plastic ring that you can remove or break off that regulates litres per minute, likely culprit for poor water pressure.
Jun 22, 2009
196 posts
36 upvotes
Horrible shower head. Bought 2 and returned both.
Feb 27, 2015
68 posts
92 upvotes
Kitchener
MarvinMartian wrote: installed two of these at our home. I wouldn't hesitate to get another. There's a very slow leak where I attached it, just a slow drip that runs down the hose. The piece that threads onto your plumbing is plastic, but for a shower head that cheap it's worth it. Works great for cleaning the shower since you can just spray down the walls. Easy on the kids too when we bathe them in the stand-up shower. May buy another one for our future bathroom in the basement.
don't know if i'm being obvious or not, but did you use this on the thread? http://www.homedepot.ca/product/1-2-inc ... ape/994431
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
We had this, or one just like it, for several years at our old house. It was nothing fancy but it worked fine. Just install it properly!
Mar 2, 2006
477 posts
105 upvotes
Persuade wrote: Shower pressure is horrible IMO. Maybe that has to do with installation.
OttRFD wrote: There's probably a plastic ring that you can remove or break off that regulates litres per minute, likely culprit for poor water pressure.
Yes, there's a flow restrictor you can pop out with a screwdriver from the ball head side and modify (make the hole bigger) to increase the flow - and probably make it unreturnable/void the warranty. I just used the better metal ballhead from the previous showerhead and it worked much better than the supplied one - if it didn't, I would have returned it instead of trying to mod the plastic (I doubt you can just leave it out, as it seems to serve a structural function).
EdwardCT wrote: don't know if i'm being obvious or not, but did you use this on the thread? http://www.homedepot.ca/product/1-2-inc ... ape/994431
They have included some teflon tape in the box (wrapped on a small piece of cardboard), and you're right to point it out.

FYI: Don't use all of the supplied tape, a good once-around and a bit should be enough. Don't overtighten it (or too much force if using a wrench) on the shower stem when installing, otherwise the plastic will crack.

I installed it in a lesser used basement shower to make it easier to clean, and for that purpose it's a great deal for me. I would recommend going with a more durable unit if it's going to be used and handled a lot, as I don't see it being able to put up with much abuse.