Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Portable Tire Inflator $9.99

I guess it's worth a try for only $10.
94 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5694 posts
725 upvotes
I bought it last week, and tasted it out right away.

CT describe this accurately being a “top-up” inflator. It’s painfully slow and it’s truly meant for emergency or occasional top up.

At 10bux, you really have nothing to lose. Beats going to gas station to fill your tires.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1208 posts
780 upvotes
Do yourself a favour and buy this one. It is currently on sale. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001128921

Tire inflators are not to be messed around with. Cheap ones can be dangerous as they don't indicate the right PSI on their gauges.

Why do people cheap out on important hardware like this?

Here is a comparison:

EDIT: To the people saying you are comparing an expensive item to a $10 item. That's the point - good things cost money and the Milwaukee one is on sale so it is relevant to the spirit of saving money on RedFlagDeals.
Last edited by craeyon on Sep 19th, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 5, 2016
622 posts
388 upvotes
craeyon wrote: Do yourself a favour and buy this one. It is currently on sale. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001128921

Tire inflators are not to be messed around with. Cheap ones can be dangerous as they don't indicate the right PSI on their gauges.

Here is a comparison:
That's not even a legit comparison. It's probably 15x the price if you factor in the battery.

That said, not sure how good a $10 inflator is. I'm currently using one that came with my car which is okay, but I don't see it as being a permanent high quality piece.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2291 posts
1439 upvotes
Toronto
tomtomtom wrote: I bought it last week, and tasted it out right away.

CT describe this accurately being a “top-up” inflator. It’s painfully slow and it’s truly meant for emergency or occasional top up.

At 10bux, you really have nothing to lose. Beats going to gas station to fill your tires.
Do you mean tossed out? Was it really that bad?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2355 posts
1673 upvotes
Toronto
craeyon wrote: Do yourself a favour and buy this one. It is currently on sale. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001128921

Here is a comparison:
You're comparing a $220 item to a $10 one.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2561 posts
1267 upvotes
B.C.

Here is a comparison:

EDIT: To the people saying you are comparing an expensive item to a $10 item. That's the point - good things cost money and the Milwaukee one is on sale so it is relevant to the spirit of saving money on RedFlagDeals.
Seriously?

I just use a tire gauge to check what the $9.99 inflater says...

I mean it's been working fine for 20 years but I guess I should stop... 🤷‍♂️
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1208 posts
780 upvotes
lennyandcarl wrote: Seriously?

I just use a tire gauge to check what the $9.99 inflater says...

I mean it's been working fine for 20 years but I guess I should stop... 🤷‍♂️
lol, I am not here to break tradition.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1661 posts
724 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…

Here is a comparison:

I bought the deluxe Ryobi one. Works a treat. Even inflates large tires really quickly. I bought the smaller one for my bike tires.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14883 posts
15731 upvotes
Oakville
Not sure about this one but I've used $10-20 units with digital gauges from CT with no issues. They've all been accurate and have lasted many years in my cars and other family members. The one I have currently even has the auto stop at specified PSI feature, which is pretty nice.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11185 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: Not sure about this one but I've used $10-20 units with digital gauges from CT with no issues. They've all been accurate and have lasted many years in my cars and other family members. The one I have currently even has the auto stop at specified PSI feature, which is pretty nice.
which one was it.
I'm still using the one for my bicycle which I bought from winners at 12.99$ lol
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Nov 30, 2016
801 posts
960 upvotes
Mississauga
Whatever air compressor you end up getting, ensure it doesn't use a screw type nozzle or chuck or whatever it's called. Those things are a pain to use during the winter (which is when the need increases anyway), look for one with an easy to use chuck or buy a replacement.
Oct 27, 2006
894 posts
223 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: Do you mean tossed out? Was it really that bad?
It tasted bad..who thought these would have an acquired taste
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5694 posts
725 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: Do you mean tossed out? Was it really that bad?
Tested. Stupid auto correct. A true rfd would have keep the receipt and return for a full refund, then talk trash about the product here.

The gauge, despite manual, is reasonably accurate. To the other poster, we are inflating tires mostly driven on asphalt roads here, a few pounds over the recommended isn’t going to blow the tire.