Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Portable Tire Inflator $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 5:15 pm
Sep 15, 2015
246 posts
132 upvotes
wally_walrus wrote: ... and pray you don't have to use during winter
Winter time is the best time to use a bike pump on the car because the cold will keep you from sweating!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1231 posts
251 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
boqbal wrote: Winter time is the best time to use a bike pump on the car because the cold will keep you from sweating!
Yeah, except there's going to be a lot of sweat trying to use a frozen pump :)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2005
1872 posts
5 upvotes
Thornhill
tomtomtom wrote: I bought it last week, and tasted it out right away.

CT describe this accurately being a “top-up” inflator. It’s painfully slow and it’s truly meant for emergency or occasional top up.

At 10bux, you really have nothing to lose. Beats going to gas station to fill your tires.

Does it work in terms of pumping to your desired PSI?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2350 posts
1668 upvotes
Toronto
If your tire deflates so rapidly no pump is going to help you at the road side because no matter what there is something significantly wrong.

The only use for an expensive one for someone who has a slow leak and doesn't want to get it repaired but the $15-$30 a repair would cost is still far less than a $220 pump.

For normal people a top up pump even a cheap one will give them the few PSI they require every few months just fine.
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
28 upvotes
canin40 wrote: I used a repair kit available at CT to repair my air mattress. Worked very well.
Do you have the link to this? Thinking Face I tried to search for it but cant find anything
Jan 4, 2014
290 posts
330 upvotes
Paris
Rather spend a few dollars more and get a middle of the road one. Got a Justincase once about 10 years ago. Came with a reflective triangle and a plug in spot light. Still works. Have to be careful and get one which will not overhead and burn out after a few uses.
Oct 2, 2019
249 posts
166 upvotes
IslandTourGuide wrote: Rather spend a few dollars more and get a middle of the road one. Got a Justincase once about 10 years ago. Came with a reflective triangle and a plug in spot light. Still works. Have to be careful and get one which will not overhead and burn out after a few uses.
This one will burn out after a few uses? Just need to top up once in a while when the indicator lights up
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9716 posts
1835 upvotes
Victoria
I had one that almost looked this, but was motomaster branded. Must of been 15 to 20 years old. It was pretty slow, but it worked. Always kept in the truck in case I got a slow leak on logging roads. Worked when I needed it too. Unfortunately I think a gasket inside it went this summer. As it started to blow the air out through the intake.

Tempted to get a pair of these for emergencies in our vehicles.. but maybe not.... It's nice to have one you can tuck under a seat. The 90 dollar home depot one does really look like a good stowaway shape.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2444 posts
844 upvotes
Ottawa
bizzyseller wrote: Good to keep as emergency inflator, paired with a tire pressure gauge.
right??? A tire gauge isn't that expensive and you don't need a crazy expensive one do you?

I have a similar tire inflator that hyundai gave me when I went in for my service. I always just pump it up more than I need to. Then I use the tire gauge to make sure I'm good.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2447 posts
1000 upvotes
Burnaby
keeps me warm while using it :) at least i know the bike pump works.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1749 posts
1225 upvotes
condo
boqbal wrote: Winter time is the best time to use a bike pump on the car because the cold will keep you from sweating!
wally_walrus wrote: Yeah, except there's going to be a lot of sweat trying to use a frozen pump :)
that's when you use the lungs coz those don't freeze... :lol:
Images
  • inflate-bicycle-tyre-man-retro-600w-203881525.jpg
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1418 posts
650 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: right??? A tire gauge isn't that expensive and you don't need a crazy expensive one do you?

I have a similar tire inflator that hyundai gave me when I went in for my service. I always just pump it up more than I need to. Then I use the tire gauge to make sure I'm good.
I agree.

One risk though with a low end unit is that it may be so cheaply made that when you actually need it... It is broken.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5391 posts
1818 upvotes
GTEH!
craeyon wrote: Do yourself a favour and buy this one. It is currently on sale. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001128921

Tire inflators are not to be messed around with. Cheap ones can be dangerous as they don't indicate the right PSI on their gauges.

Why do people cheap out on important hardware like this?

Here is a comparison:

EDIT: To the people saying you are comparing an expensive item to a $10 item. That's the point - good things cost money and the Milwaukee one is on sale so it is relevant to the spirit of saving money on RedFlagDeals.
This HD Inflator is $89. In the Spec's it doesn't say if battery is included. If not, it's another $69(?) for the battery.
😎
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13021 posts
6841 upvotes
Southern Ontario
caltran wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001420717

Works great, not too loud. Filled up our inflatable rafts in a couple of minutes. Was actually shocked how quickly it worked.
By far one of my favorite tools being already in the Ryobi system. Have used it between RV’s, while bikes are still hanging in the garage, pool toys, inflatable kayak, anywhere without the restriction of a vehicle beside and running. I always keep an extra battery in my tool bag anyway.
May 18, 2018
353 posts
289 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: I guess it's worth a try for only $10.
Bought one of these for my dad last year, it died within a few months. He lost the receipt so we weren't able to return it. I wouldn't recommend it, spend some more money and buy a proper portable inflator.