Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Portable Tire Inflator $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 5:15 pm
Jan 2, 2014
685 posts
370 upvotes
engineered wrote: Why don't you just fix the tire? Could be as simple as a loose valve. Or do a leak test yourself and plug it with a kit... Unless you're trying to kill your wife :)
Except it's not, it's a nail with a small slow leak and the tyres need to be replaced for next season.
Jul 18, 2007
168 posts
213 upvotes
Markham
the11thdoctor wrote: Except it's not, it's a nail with a small slow leak and the tyres need to be replaced for next season.
Why risk it

Tire plug kit is only a few bucks at princess auto or Walmart and takes minutes to do.

If you're smart about where you position the nail (in the rear) or turn your wheels the right direction (if in front), you don't even need to remove your wheels and can be done all 4 on the ground.

We used to charge .5 hr at the dealership using the same strips 10 years ago. Rarely did we dismount to install a mushroom plug. Even more rare were come backs for leaks.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15418 posts
16508 upvotes
Oakville
the11thdoctor wrote: Except it's not, it's a nail with a small slow leak and the tyres need to be replaced for next season.
So why not pull the nail and plug it yourself for less than $10. There's a risk is could deflate quickly and strand your wife, requiring an expensive tow and wasted time.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2580 posts
1857 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure how many times you've paid $1.50 to fill it but many places, including costco only charge $15 for a repair.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8221 posts
1198 upvotes
TO
JayTee1 wrote: Not sure how this one is, but I ended up buying this one: https://www.amazon.ca/AstroAI-Portable- ... 85&sr=8-11
Thanks have you used it and any feedback? Looks real good -

My only concern I was looking for one that had a separate connection to regular electrical in addition to the car electric port - at home it's better if I plug it in to a electrical socket in the garage so as to not burn out the fuse of car port.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1273 posts
928 upvotes
Ottawa
Serious question: why has it not been fixed by now? Don't trust plugs? It has been "fine" so far but it seems like asking for trouble to leave the nail in it (albeit, worse to pull the nail out and not fix it lol)
Jan 2, 2014
685 posts
370 upvotes
cloak wrote: Serious question: why has it not been fixed by now? Don't trust plugs? It has been "fine" so far but it seems like asking for trouble to leave the nail in it (albeit, worse to pull the nail out and not fix it lol)
Serious question, is this not a thread about an air pump and not my tyre?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1273 posts
928 upvotes
Ottawa
the11thdoctor wrote: Serious question, is this not a thread about an air pump and not my tyre?
A little of both. Curiosity. As you are essentially suggesting the air pump as a "fix" for a tire that is losing enough air that it needs to be topped up every few days.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1745 posts
918 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
You should really get this fixed ASAP. The nail can come out at any time.

Source: It happened to me. While I was going to a tire place to get it fixed after I noticed I had a nail in my tire.
Jan 4, 2008
604 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: So why not pull the nail and plug it yourself for less than $10. There's a risk is could deflate quickly and strand your wife, requiring an expensive tow and wasted time.
Sir, this is a Redflagdeals.
May 11, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
I tried this pump, it pumped 1 tire from 20psi to 32psi, then I moved on to the second tire and it broke so I returned it. I think it's probably more worth while to buy a pump that will last longer than 1 tire.
Apr 5, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
I got it last time it was on sale.

Topped up 4 tires between 8 to 15 psi each. Took about 10 mins but it seemed fine.

I used it once however so I can't comment on longevity.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15418 posts
16508 upvotes
Oakville
TorontoEh wrote: Thanks have you used it and any feedback? Looks real good -

My only concern I was looking for one that had a separate connection to regular electrical in addition to the car electric port - at home it's better if I plug it in to a electrical socket in the garage so as to not burn out the fuse of car port.
You shouldn't have to worry about blowing your car's fuse. I've never had that happen in the hundreds (lots of pressure adjustments at the track with my 16 wheels/tires) of times I've used it.
Every pump I've used has it's own fuse built into the 12V plug, so that should go before your car's fuse does.
I agree it would be a nice future to have dual power, but you might be better off with a 120VAC to 12VDC transformer, like you can get in some portable battery packs/boosters.
Sep 15, 2017
83 posts
269 upvotes
I had one of those a few years ago. You get what you pay for. Very slow and loud. The motor burnt out after a couple uses.
Only good for emergencies really...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2430 posts
1623 upvotes
Toronto
r1cksta wrote: I tried this pump, it pumped 1 tire from 20psi to 32psi, then I moved on to the second tire and it broke so I returned it. I think it's probably more worth while to buy a pump that will last longer than 1 tire.
Did you use it for longer than 10mins at once? It says in the manual to give 10 min breaks in between.