[Canadian Tire] Pre-Black Friday 3 Day Sale - Nov 17 to 19

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 9:26 am
Nov 18, 2017
10 posts
7 upvotes
Topramen wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 4:25 am
Any specifics to mounting it safely? Specific nails, location in wall (height, etc),?
It comes with lag bolts, if you have a driver (or a drill) you can use a nut driver to put them right into the studs. You cannot use toggle bolts or drywall anchors, you need to use the lag bolts it comes with to secure them to studs.

They are very easy to put up, just locate all the studs first, mount them high and leave enough room from the ceiling to accommodate lifting them of and off of the rack, I can upload some photos of my install if you want.
Nov 18, 2017
10 posts
7 upvotes
ESSYMOND wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 9:52 am
Thoughts on JA Henckels knife set?
Chinese line, they don't hold an edge long. Put that money aside and put it into one good chefs knife.
Aug 23, 2012
121 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary, AB
angryanglo wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 7:11 pm
It comes with lag bolts, if you have a driver (or a drill) you can use a nut driver to put them right into the studs. You cannot use toggle bolts or drywall anchors, you need to use the lag bolts it comes with to secure them to studs.

They are very easy to put up, just locate all the studs first, mount them high and leave enough room from the ceiling to accommodate lifting them of and off of the rack, I can upload some photos of my install if you want.
Hi,
Some pics would be great if you could post them.
Nov 18, 2017
10 posts
7 upvotes
roopster wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 10:05 pm
Hi,
Some pics would be great if you could post them.
Here you go, I have 3 up now, two with 18" and 20" wheels and tires, pretty heavy and one pictured with some smaller winter wheels for my Abarth.

Tire Rack
Aug 23, 2012
121 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary, AB
angryanglo wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 7:05 pm
Here you go, I have 3 up now, two with 18" and 20" wheels and tires, pretty heavy and one pictured with some smaller winter wheels for my Abarth.

Tire Rack
Thanks. Is the rack in your first pic above the garage door? Got to figure out the studs first.
Nov 18, 2017
10 posts
7 upvotes
roopster wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 10:13 pm
Thanks. Is the rack in your first pic above the garage door? Got to figure out the studs first.
Hello, no its actually on the side wall. I have all three secured to the wall, one after the other. About 20" down from the ceiling.