Shopping Discussion

canadian tire - price adjustment on an item that goes on sale a few weeks later?

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 7:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1023 upvotes
patrob wrote: ^ That's one of the main reasons I stopped shopping at CT because of their stupid policies!
+1 Even in Canada there's plenty of options that are better than CT. I haven't shopped in there for a few years myself after being a regular customer and doubt I'll be back.
BobyYoo wrote: yes, CT has the worst return policies.

after 7 days, if you open the box or the packaging, you cannot return it.
the manager basically tells me that he cannot sell if an item is used or open packaging.

i think it depend on each store, because they are owner franchises but most of them are the same.
You just gotta read the policies on their invoice. Most of them said 90days return if item is new condition.

Once i tried to do a price adjustment, i returned the item, i said i will re-buy it the same one that im returning.
He refused, because the item is used. I said i'm re-buying the exact same one that i'm returning, so it doesn't matter that is used.
The manager just denied and didn't care.

Yep...whenever someone says people should support independent, local businesses I think of how franchise stores like CT operate since they operate their stores like they're independent of the chain once the sale is done.

Really I've met so many independent business owners who act like their the king of their hill it's not worth it not to shop at an actual chain store like Lowes or Home Depot compared to Canadian Turd.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Newbie
Dec 11, 2014
2 posts
Wiarton
just wrap up the old one,,return it,,there is a 30 day return policy if you are unsatisfied or just dont want,,then go get a brand new one at the sale price,,now they are stuck with an opened used one that will have to go on clearance or back to manufacturer ,,price match should be 30 days and not 14 just due to the fact if its going on sale 3 or 4 weeks after we buy it i believe we should still get discount and not just the person 3 weeks after us
Newbie
Apr 9, 2016
5 posts
Just went to our local Canadian tire to ask about price protection on a set of silverware that we bought 4 days ago for $30 and now it's on for $10. They honoured their sale price with no issues and told us it's 7 days.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 28, 2007
3141 posts
1036 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
There is also the possibility of invoking the price protection feature of a high end credit card. So if OP used that method of payment s/he could check out the cards terms on line or from the documents that came with the card.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 2, 2008
12424 posts
2137 upvotes
GTA
Guess i has to buy new item and return it with old recepts cause 90 days return policy and shitty price adjustment....
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1440 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
You went against a couple basic principles of Canadian fire.

If it's not in the flyer, don't buy at the tire.
If you don't like the price, wait a week and it'll be on sale.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
13748 posts
2452 upvotes
City of Vancouver
kingrukus wrote: ...Question - what prevents me from buying the same item that I have now at the sale price, then returning it when the original receipt? I was hoping that they would honor the price adjustment as I am only about 4 days outside of the window.
Nothing is preventing you from doing that.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1951 posts
755 upvotes
Sorry for resurrecting a 1.5 year old thread, but it seems that this is something that happens over and over again. I am in the same situation: bought something at a CT about a month ago (well within their 90 day return policy), and the item is now on sale (not even a BF sale it seems). I am not sure what the price adjustment policy at CT is or if it varies by store (some people say it's 14 days, some say it's 21 days) - actually, is there an official policy online somewhere?

Anyways, one option is to buy the same item and return with the original receipt, but some people in this thread think that it would be fraud...

So, I wonder what to do....
Jr. Member
Sep 19, 2016
104 posts
29 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote: Sorry for resurrecting a 1.5 year old thread, but it seems that this is something that happens over and over again. I am in the same situation: bought something at a CT about a month ago (well within their 90 day return policy), and the item is now on sale (not even a BF sale it seems). I am not sure what the price adjustment policy at CT is or if it varies by store (some people say it's 14 days, some say it's 21 days) - actually, is there an official policy online somewhere?

Anyways, one option is to buy the same item and return with the original receipt, but some people in this thread think that it would be fraud...

So, I wonder what to do....
You can always see the latest policies for most online merchants on the PriceAdjust dot ca website
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2006
986 posts
575 upvotes
Ottawa
mbmbkop wrote: Sorry for resurrecting a 1.5 year old thread, but it seems that this is something that happens over and over again. I am in the same situation: bought something at a CT about a month ago (well within their 90 day return policy), and the item is now on sale (not even a BF sale it seems). I am not sure what the price adjustment policy at CT is or if it varies by store (some people say it's 14 days, some say it's 21 days) - actually, is there an official policy online somewhere?

Anyways, one option is to buy the same item and return with the original receipt, but some people in this thread think that it would be fraud...

So, I wonder what to do....
You answered your own question.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 3, 2014
2996 posts
2453 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
mbmbkop wrote: Anyways, one option is to buy the same item and return with the original receipt, but some people in this thread think that it would be fraud...

So, I wonder what to do....
Do you meet the requirements to return the item you have already for a refund, based on their return policy? Yes or No?
Are you able to get a price adjustment based on the price adjustment/price match policy? Yes or No?

If the answer is "no" to both these, then you are not eligible to get a reduced price for the item you have returned.
As I wrote seven years ago in this thread (and have stated multiple times since in others), buying a new version of the product at a lower price and returning it for a refund with the older, higher value receipt is fraud. Quite simply, unless you say to the clerk/manager something like "this is not the actual item I bought with this receipt, but it is another of the same product I also bought from here..." and they accept the return on that basis, you are obtaining a benefit (the refund or exchange you would not otherwise be eligible for) through misrepresentation, and therefore are committing a fraudulent act. The return policies do not refer to 'identical' items. They do not refer to 'similar' items. They refer to the item.

If you have to buy a new item and return it with a completely different receipt in order to get your refund, then clearly you are doing this in order to (for want of a better word) trick the staff into giving you a refund or lower price. I suspect you wouldn't like it if someone tricked you so you gave them something they were not entitled to under the terms of your agreement with them, and it's absolutely no different whatsoever.

Guess what? It happens. We can't always get the lowest price, and sometimes something better comes along just after we bought ours. Put your big boy pants on, deal with it and move on.

Oh...and "if it's not in the flyer, don't buy at the Tire". :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2853 posts
1518 upvotes
B.C.
patrob wrote:
Totally agree :)

And +1 for Costco for their return & price adjustment policy!
My Costco is pain in the ass for price protection!
TedL837 wrote: just wrap up the old one,,return it,,there is a 30 day return policy if you are unsatisfied or just dont want,,then go get a brand new one at the sale price,,now they are stuck with an opened used one that will have to go on clearance or back to manufacturer ,,price match should be 30 days and not 14 just due to the fact if its going on sale 3 or 4 weeks after we buy it i believe we should still get discount and not just the person 3 weeks after us
CT doesn't have a satisfaction policy anymore. It's just unopened/unused items or broken items.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1440 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
ALLCAPS wrote: Do you meet the requirements to return the item you have already for a refund, based on their return policy? Yes or No?
Are you able to get a price adjustment based on the price adjustment/price match policy? Yes or No?

If the answer is "no" to both these, then you are not eligible to get a reduced price for the item you have returned.
As I wrote seven years ago in this thread (and have stated multiple times since in others), buying a new version of the product at a lower price and returning it for a refund with the older, higher value receipt is fraud. Quite simply, unless you say to the clerk/manager something like "this is not the actual item I bought with this receipt, but it is another of the same product I also bought from here..." and they accept the return on that basis, you are obtaining a benefit (the refund or exchange you would not otherwise be eligible for) through misrepresentation, and therefore are committing a fraudulent act. The return policies do not refer to 'identical' items. They do not refer to 'similar' items. They refer to the item.

If you have to buy a new item and return it with a completely different receipt in order to get your refund, then clearly you are doing this in order to (for want of a better word) trick the staff into giving you a refund or lower price. I suspect you wouldn't like it if someone tricked you so you gave them something they were not entitled to under the terms of your agreement with them, and it's absolutely no different whatsoever.

Guess what? It happens. We can't always get the lowest price, and sometimes something better comes along just after we bought ours. Put your big boy pants on, deal with it and move on.

Oh...and "if it's not in the flyer, don't buy at the Tire". :)
I agree. You were satisfied with the price enough at the time to make the purchase, or needed it quickly enough that you were willing to pay.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2197 posts
1667 upvotes
condo
ALLCAPS wrote: Do you meet the requirements to return the item you have already for a refund, based on their return policy? Yes or No?
Are you able to get a price adjustment based on the price adjustment/price match policy? Yes or No?

If the answer is "no" to both these, then you are not eligible to get a reduced price for the item you have returned.
As I wrote seven years ago in this thread (and have stated multiple times since in others), buying a new version of the product at a lower price and returning it for a refund with the older, higher value receipt is fraud. Quite simply, unless you say to the clerk/manager something like "this is not the actual item I bought with this receipt, but it is another of the same product I also bought from here..." and they accept the return on that basis, you are obtaining a benefit (the refund or exchange you would not otherwise be eligible for) through misrepresentation, and therefore are committing a fraudulent act. The return policies do not refer to 'identical' items. They do not refer to 'similar' items. They refer to the item.

If you have to buy a new item and return it with a completely different receipt in order to get your refund, then clearly you are doing this in order to (for want of a better word) trick the staff into giving you a refund or lower price. I suspect you wouldn't like it if someone tricked you so you gave them something they were not entitled to under the terms of your agreement with them, and it's absolutely no different whatsoever.

Guess what? It happens. We can't always get the lowest price, and sometimes something better comes along just after we bought ours. Put your big boy pants on, deal with it and move on.

Oh...and "if it's not in the flyer, don't buy at the Tire". :)
Hahaha, your post makes me just want to rip off Canadian tire even more. Thanks for being so ethical and naive, so that I can save money. Keep on preaching, amen.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6958 upvotes
The NORTH
I love that the last few posters are responding to posts from 2 years ago, who are responding to posts from 5 years before that....

Top