• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2021 10:14 pm
[OP]
May 4, 2011
51 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver

Canadian Tire product warranty policy

I have a black and decker toaster oven from Canadian Tire that is acting up. Got it 1.5 years ago and the convection is random working only now.

On the website the product page it says,
WARRANTY
This product carries a 2 year exchange warranty redeemable in-store.

Can I just bring the toaster in and ask for a new one. What else do i need to do to claim warranty? Contact B&D first then bring it in?

Thanks.
4 replies
Jan 3, 2003
426 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver Island
loafer80 wrote: I have a black and decker toaster oven from Canadian Tire that is acting up. Got it 1.5 years ago and the convection is random working only now.

WARRANTY

Can I just bring the toaster in and ask for a new one. What else do i need to do to claim warranty? Contact B&D first then bring it in?

Thanks.
In my experience all I've had to do is show up with the appliance and they exchanged it. Easier if you have the receipt, but the one time I didn't they were able to look it up for me. Took about 20 minutes, but eventually I got my new one.
[OP]
May 4, 2011
51 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks. I do have the receipt which should make it easy then.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2985 posts
1629 upvotes
B.C.
loafer80 wrote: I have a black and decker toaster oven from Canadian Tire that is acting up. Got it 1.5 years ago and the convection is random working only now.

WARRANTY

Thanks.
You'll likely be able to just exchange it in store for another one with your receipt.

That being said I used to work at crappy tire and they have a big bible of warranty policies at Customer Service. Some items have special warranty policies and you have to go through the manufacturer and sometimes the website has the wrong info, but for B&D you should be fine. Way back when I worked there Sony electronics were one of the few exceptions to the in store exchange warranty. Right now I took a quick look on the website and Dyson items list a "special warranty" and to ask for info so you'll be fine!
[OP]
May 4, 2011
51 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver

WARRANTY

Thanks.
Thanks very much.