Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Rhino Ramps $65.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 1:34 pm
Sep 18, 2004
128 posts
64 upvotes
oahu wrote: You forgot $10 off $40 spent coupon and ymmv $15 back on $60 spent in app
Any additional info on this? I don't see this in my app
Feb 13, 2004
818 posts
152 upvotes
Montreal
When I use mine to change my oil I also put the jack stands in place, and I stack my summer/winter tires on either side - not to support the weight, but in case the ramps faiI, my backup system should give me enough time to move out of the way.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35063 posts
21031 upvotes
Center of Universe
chimaera15 wrote: When I use mine to change my oil I also put the jack stands in place, and I stack my summer/winter tires on either side - not to support the weight, but in case the ramps faiI, my backup system should give me enough time to move out of the way.
Don't forget wheel chocks to prevent the vehicle from rolling back.
Jan 16, 2017
118 posts
128 upvotes
Just a heads up, they go on sale offten for 70%. for around $44.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3876 posts
2310 upvotes
texem71 wrote: Just a heads up, they go on sale offten for 70%. for around $44.

Are you sure it's these exact ramps and not a different brand and/or weight capacity? Looking at CCC, the OP price is on par with amazon's lowest recorded price (which was only for a few days by the looks of it.) I don't see any old RFD threads of these being any cheaper either.

I've already stated how I feel about plastic ramps, but for those who want them, this deal is about as good as it gets I think.
Jan 16, 2017
118 posts
128 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Are you sure it's these exact ramps and not a different brand and/or weight capacity? Looking at CCC, the OP price is on par with amazon's lowest recorded price (which was only for a few days by the looks of it.) I don't see any old RFD threads of these being any cheaper either.

I've already stated how I feel about plastic ramps, but for those who want them, this deal is about as good as it gets I think.
Very sorry about misinformation. those were the
Scepter Pro Ramps for $44 and worth every penny.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2596 posts
1223 upvotes
Surrey
I have these they are ok. Had slipped couples of times
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2246 posts
1848 upvotes
Vancouver
Do they really get high enough to get under your car and do an oil change?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5073 upvotes
ON
eager beaver wrote: So, obviously since the car hasn't crushed you YET they are good. There is no way I am placing myself under a bunch of plastic trash. Maybe they are good this year, next or five years from now sitting in the sun in my backyard, but after that I want something more solid, like steel.
Truck.
And it never will if I keep using common sense.
I guess humanity can rest easy knowing you are safe and sound and their future is as well.
You have to be quite dumb to store these outside under the elements and expect them to not deteriorate.
I offered my personal experience for those who would care for it and are looking at purchasing such a product that's completely safe if used and stored as recommended.
I'd personally go for a titanium alloy, no way I'd put myself under a bunch of scrap steel.
Then again, maybe Adamantium would be even better, but I'm not sure how it stacks against Vibranium...anyone more experienced in the field care to weigh the pros and cons ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5073 upvotes
ON
evanwier wrote: Do they really get high enough to get under your car and do an oil change?
These will add to the clearance your car already has from the ground. If you have 5-6", with the ramps you'd end up at 13-14" which is the minimum for a slim person to get under. On the other hand if your vehicle is really low, then it might not be enough.
I have well over 12" clearance to begin with so adding another 8" gives me all the room I need to comfortably work under the vehicle.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4794 posts
847 upvotes
I have used these to change oil on an acura rdx and hyundai accent.

The clearance on the RDX is much better. The accent has enough clearance to get the job done.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1086 posts
820 upvotes
Airdrie
I've used the scepter ones with a Toyota echo, Subaru sti, Mazda cx3, dodge caravan, and subaru crosstrek multiple times without issue.

These are great products, very secure and easy to use.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18432 posts
2802 upvotes
Langley
I use these under my GMC diesel. The truck weighs 8000lbs, around 5000lbs on the front wheels and 3000 on the back wheels.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1131 posts
378 upvotes
Vancouver
I used the other ramps that were on sale at Canadian Tire and they always seem to slip as I try to go up it. Do these do the same thing? Or is there something I'm supposed to do before I use them so it doesn't slip?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1086 posts
820 upvotes
Airdrie
someone16 wrote: I used the other ramps that were on sale at Canadian Tire and they always seem to slip as I try to go up it. Do these do the same thing? Or is there something I'm supposed to do before I use them so it doesn't slip?
Not sure what you are doing, but you want to park your car and put the ramps right up tight to your wheels before driving up them.

If you're taking a running start you might push them.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4160 posts
766 upvotes
Newbury, ON
dilligafeh wrote: Truck.
And it never will if I keep using common sense.
I guess humanity can rest easy knowing you are safe and sound and their future is as well.
You have to be quite dumb to store these outside under the elements and expect them to not deteriorate.
I offered my personal experience for those who would care for it and are looking at purchasing such a product that's completely safe if used and stored as recommended.
I'd personally go for a titanium alloy, no way I'd put myself under a bunch of scrap steel.
Then again, maybe Adamantium would be even better, but I'm not sure how it stacks against Vibranium...anyone more experienced in the field care to weigh the pros and cons ?
Still sounds very dangerous, risking your life under some rusting chunk of metal trash. I pay a professional to use a professional grade lift as I watch from behind a glass wall (of course I'm at least 6 feet away from the glass).

I have an earlier version of this ramp that has re-enforcing plastic webbing underneath it and is not stack-able. This one appears to be, so they must have a much stronger frame then they used to make it.
edit: I think I have have the "Scepter Pro Ramp", but I paid $29 on sale 5 years ago .. prices have definitely jumped! My tires fit "on" the ramp, the rhinos seem to have the tire hang a bit over the ramp from the photos.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2004
1361 posts
123 upvotes
ss7 wrote: I was considering these a while back, but then saw a bunch of bad reviews on Amazon mentioning failure..
Jesus - I was going to take a look at these in store but forget that now. I understand the vast majority of people have no issue but to roll the dice and risk being one of the people who has this happen to them... some of these just splintered and disintegrated with a vehicle up on them. One guy says he was pinned under the vehicle. Nope.

Direct link to Amazon.com page showing one-star picture/video reviews of failed product. Be sure to check out page 2: https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/ ... geNumber=1
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1086 posts
820 upvotes
Airdrie
Scary stuff there, I never actually looked at the new rhino ramps. Looks like that redesign created a bunch of failure points on it. Not sure who thought it would be a good idea to have all those deep crevices in it. I'll stick with scepter branded ones.
Oct 10, 2014
132 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have those, they are strong enough for my SUV