• Feb 26th, 2020 11:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1117 posts
167 upvotes

Canadian Tire Roadside Assistance

Hi all,

My roadside just expired and while my insurance covers collision towing, I plan to be going on a road trip in a couple of months. With this in mind, I saw the CT Roadside Gold plan is 99.99 + Tax.

Does this come on sale or has any promo codes? Can you suggest an alternative if this is not good? I am not a fan of CAA but that's just me.

Thanks
19 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15096 posts
11832 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Gotta wait till another promo comes along.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4213 posts
779 upvotes
T.O.
Get the Triangle Elite Mastercard from Canadian Tire and you'll get free CT Roadside Gold.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
May 15, 2010
344 posts
319 upvotes
Ajax
Traian2003 wrote: Get the Triangle Elite Mastercard from Canadian Tire and you'll get free CT Roadside Gold.
You took the words right outta my mouth
May 27, 2017
361 posts
566 upvotes
Traian2003 wrote: Get the Triangle Elite Mastercard from Canadian Tire and you'll get free CT Roadside Gold.
I was rejected ..must feel nice tho to be rich smh
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1117 posts
167 upvotes
Yeah both me and my partner fall just shy of the mark. Unless I get a raise in the next couple of weeks. Even then the time would be too short to get the card, activate the raodside. So for this year, I need to shell it out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9341 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
if you're referring to the OPCF 35> the insurer will reimburse the insured upon presentation of receipts and acceptable evidence of loss, for towing and emergency service expense caused by disablement of the automobile. It is understood that the amount of insurance does not exceed the sum of $50.00 in any one occurrence and does not include the cost of parts or supplies, gasoline, oil, batteries or tires.
scorpion2886 wrote: Hi all,

My roadside just expired and while my insurance covers collision towing, I plan to be going on a road trip in a couple of months. With this in mind, I saw the CT Roadside Gold plan is 99.99 + Tax.

Does this come on sale or has any promo codes? Can you suggest an alternative if this is not good? I am not a fan of CAA but that's just me.

Thanks
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
scorpion2886 wrote: Yeah both me and my partner fall just shy of the mark. Unless I get a raise in the next couple of weeks. Even then the time would be too short to get the card, activate the raodside. So for this year, I need to shell it out.
Get CAA. I don't know where your rod trip is going but CAA has arrangements with AAA in the US and there are more AAA affiliates than CT in the US (and I suspect in Canada too). The price is not much more.
Plus CAA has other benefits as well, not just roadside assistance.i
Sep 8, 2018
111 posts
103 upvotes
CT gold comes on sale about every 3 months, the wife used it once and they were very helpful, told her what was wrong and where NOT to take car!! I fixed it in about 20 mins.

Gave the free oil change token to my neighbor, because thats what good neighbors do to bad.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1979 posts
1111 upvotes
GTA
Lolvtec wrote: I was rejected ..must feel nice tho to be rich smh
scorpion2886 wrote: Yeah both me and my partner fall just shy of the mark. Unless I get a raise in the next couple of weeks. Even then the time would be too short to get the card, activate the raodside. So for this year, I need to shell it out.
You guys should apply in store. I got instant approval for WE Mastercard with 60K personal income and 150K household income.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1117 posts
167 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Get CAA. I don't know where your rod trip is going but CAA has arrangements with AAA in the US and there are more AAA affiliates than CT in the US (and I suspect in Canada too). The price is not much more.
Plus CAA has other benefits as well, not just roadside assistance.i
I am going to the states (Pennsylvania). Is the Canadian tire road side okay then?
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3014 upvotes
keenland
scorpion2886 wrote: I am going to the states (Pennsylvania). Is the Canadian tire road side okay then?
you might want to check CT coverage and benefits when a breakdown occurs more than 200 miles away from home...
i know what CAA offers in terms of emergency accommodations and situations as I am a member, but I cannot comment on CT
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
Lolvtec wrote: I was rejected ..must feel nice tho to be rich smh
In this age theres still credit cards rejecting people? Its not a loss to be rejected by Canadian Tire, their CCs suck at 29.99% interest rates.....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38211 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
MusicBox wrote: In this age theres still credit cards rejecting people? Its not a loss to be rejected by Canadian Tire, their CCs suck at 29.99% interest rates.....
You're not suppose to carry a balance!
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10644 posts
6013 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: You're not suppose to carry a balance!
Live paycheque to paycheque life
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
MusicBox wrote: In this age theres still credit cards rejecting people? Its not a loss to be rejected by Canadian Tire, their CCs suck at 29.99% interest rates.....
That is the rate for all cards now.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: You're not suppose to carry a balance!
I know this but I can also do this with my personal savings account too, so what's the point of a credit card? I only have one because of the pinless "tap and pay" and to rent vehicles and buy online. If my debit card could do this I would use it and not have to pay in time or worry about interest rates.

Pete_Coach wrote: That is the rate for all cards now.
NO. My BMO MasterCard is at 14.99% and I think they stiffed me, it was at 10% just 3 years ago.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38211 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
MusicBox wrote: I know this but I can also do this with my personal savings account too, so what's the point of a credit card? I only have one because of the pinless "tap and pay" and to rent vehicles and buy online. If my debit card could do this I would use it and not have to pay in time or worry about interest rates.

NO. My BMO MasterCard is at 14.99% and I think they stiffed me, it was at 10% just 3 years ago.
To earn cashback and rewards for your day to day spending.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1271 posts
836 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
MusicBox wrote: Its not a loss to be rejected by Canadian Tire, their CCs suck at 29.99% interest rates.....
FWIW, this is not accurate. CT's CC was at 16.99%, just recently it has increased to 19.99%.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10096 posts
1954 upvotes
Toronto
Sort of related , what's a good price on CAA membership?

Got a letter promo recently offering $73 + HST for 2 members. Per year.
Plus a $10 Petro Canada gift card
Plus 20% more Petro points

Is that a good deal?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)