Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Roadside Assistance for $49.95 50% off Gold (Reg 99.95)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2016 5:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 14, 2008
480 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Roadside Assistance for $49.95 50% off Gold (Reg 99.95)

50% off is the lowest it has been recently (seen last year as well for time machiners :-))

Includes one free oil change coupon
Plus a coupon for a 19.99 oil change.
These will be mailed 3-4 weeks after activation.

Purchase in store oR CALL 1-888-727-7478
QUOTE PROMO CODE D124-16
*****Valid Thursday June 9 to Sunday June 12 only!!!!****

Also got an email---- June 9 only , get 30x CT money = 12% cash back in CT money, when paying instore for with their CT options mastercard. Instore only, phone purchases excluded.

Plan details here
http://roadsideassistance.canadiantire.ca/en/

Some people report being able to buy online http://roadsideassistance.canadiantire. ... ngaPlanNQC
----------
Alternate option for bmw owners
gta-55-point-vehicle-inspection-bmw-roa ... a-1996959/
201 replies
Dec 10, 2006
113 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
:) thanks
Dec 8, 2012
757 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
I used mine this year, so it definitely pays for itself!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5055 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
Does it apply to Avis/Budget rentals too?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2477 posts
1165 upvotes
Edmonton
cn_habs wrote: Does it apply to Avis/Budget rentals too?
NO, just the car it registered to ( but I guess you could buy it and register it to the rental for the few days you have it) :evil: .... and yes OP code is valid but not the LOWEST it has been.....same as last year......... Starts Thursday...... time to buy a few.......... thanks left!!!!
[OP]
Jan 14, 2008
480 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Hi everyone I updated the original post... this promo valid from June 9-12 only

And it includes 2 oil changes (one free, other 19.99)

Good luck
Jul 18, 2011
68 posts
16 upvotes
CAMBRIDGE
TY OP . Fyi starts Thursday June 9 th to Monday June 13th.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5055 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
frankmp wrote: NO, just the car it registered to ( but I guess you could buy it and register it to the rental for the few days you have it) :evil: .... and yes OP code is valid but not the LOWEST it has been.....same as last year......... Starts Thursday...... time to buy a few.......... thanks left!!!!

Thanks I see. Is this program much better than CAA?
Feb 20, 2008
422 posts
527 upvotes
The main difference between CAA and this is that CAA covers you, and the CT plan covers the car.

In other words, if you're a passenger in a car and break down, you've got options. With the CT plan, not so much.

But dayum, even I gotta look twicw considering the two platinum CAA ships cost almost $300 for me this year. I gotta find some CAA BUCKS to offset next year.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2008
480 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
cn_habs wrote: Thanks I see. Is this program much better than CAA?
Primary difference
CAA is linked to you, regardless of car
CT is linked to the car, regardless of who drives it (and longer tow distances in the gold package)

CAA may have a larger hotel/other travel discount program, but do note how much less CT costs with the free oil change included.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tinmack wrote: The main difference between CAA and this is that CAA covers you, and the CT plan covers the car.

In other words, if you're a passenger in a car and break down, you've got options. With the CT plan, not so much.

But dayum, even I gotta look twicw considering the two platinum CAA ships cost almost $300 for me this year. I gotta find some CAA BUCKS to offset next year.
CAA is A LOT better because of this one reason, if you have lots of family members/kids you can go and meet them at their car. Even if senior parents it's very helpful.

Not sure but does CAA bring you to any garage if your choice? Does CT bring you to a specific place?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1326 posts
1020 upvotes
HAMILTON
" CAA is A LOT better because of this one reason, if you have lots of family members/kids you can go and meet them at their car. Even if senior parents it's very helpful.

Not sure but does CAA bring you to any garage if your choice? Does CT bring you to a specific place? "

If you have that many family using up the service calls then you will have none left. @ $50 per you can get a lot of memberships compared to CAA. Maybe even 1 per car.

And yes, if towed to Cdn Tire, the tow does not count towards your service calls. But, can be towed to anywhere within your towing limits.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
428 upvotes
Concord, ON
foodyforlife wrote: CAA is A LOT better because of this one reason, if you have lots of family members/kids you can go and meet them at their car. Even if senior parents it's very helpful.

Not sure but does CAA bring you to any garage if your choice? Does CT bring you to a specific place?
CAA is useless because it doesn't cover the car...my mom's car is out of warranty and I drive it sometimes...with CAA it won't cover me

Most people would be better off with CT since me cars have roadside anyways and for the car without it...much better to cover anyone who drives the old car.
Dec 26, 2005
938 posts
349 upvotes
Ottawa
hmm... sounds interesting... I'm wondering, can you change the car it's registered to if you give notice?
I've had a mustang for 10 years that I'm looking to get rid of this summer, I'm assuming it's useless to but this roadside assistance until I get the new car?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1326 posts
1020 upvotes
HAMILTON
Purchased a couple in store as Xmas gifts for kids. They were thrilled as saved them some $$ buying their own memberships.
Jul 21, 2013
793 posts
477 upvotes
Calgary
I didn't know CT had roadside. Just got a renewal again from CAA, 150$, not feeling it anymore for a service I have never used. Don't care about their rewards, dollars, travel agents, insurance or other crap they sell.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2592 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
I am guessing this starts the day you buy it? My BCAA expires end of June, thinking about getting htis.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1556 posts
1235 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
xiaobao wrote: I am guessing this starts the day you buy it? My BCAA expires end of June, thinking about getting htis.
Thanks for the post OP.

I took advantage of CT's last 50% off sale of the Gold Roadside assistance program last November......I wonder if there is any way to take advantage of this current offer to extend an existing plan that expires in November? Has anyone attempted to take advantage of this offer by extending an existing plan?
Feb 20, 2008
422 posts
527 upvotes
Other thing to keep inmind is response time. CAA has always been less than a half hour or less for me locally. Maybe some CT Roadside customers have some info on their response times.