Automotive

Locked: canadian tire roadside assistance 50% off code, late november 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2017 10:21 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1908 posts
206 upvotes
edyee wrote: Does the roadside assistance or the upgrade to Gold coupon need to be activated immediately or is there a timeframe after purchasing the kit ?
Reason I ask is that my current Costco roadside assistance expires in April, and I would be ideal if I could buy the kit now, but hang onto the roadside and Gold coupon and only activate it in April.

Thanks,
edyee
No idea... call 1-888-727-7478 and ask.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1652 posts
262 upvotes
Mepoor wrote: Turns out at our local CT store there is a Safety Kit on "In-Store Clearance" for $19.99 (Reg $46, 09-1601-6) that comes with the Gold Plan 50% off coupon code as well.
bought kit and activated Gold with no problem, Kit plus + $56.77 for a 1-yr Gold membership... free oil coupon and $20 oil change will come in the mail in a bout 2-3 weeks.
you need the receipt as they there is a special number on it that you have to give when activating.
if the Kit is not on sale at your store just go to the CS and ask them to check the price at other CT stores to see if it's on sale elsewhere.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/roads ... p.html#srp
What store was this at? The cashier couldn't find a store to price match with at $19.99. Thanks
Apr 10, 2017
479 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
just talked to a CanadianTire rep about renewing mine and when I asked about the discount, she said that they wont know till 2 days before the black friday flyer. Said is a good time to call in then. Before they used to just match your last years price if you hadnt had any tows but looks like they are tightening the belt now. Their Gold plan is awesome btw if you are in or around GTA.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1908 posts
206 upvotes
olp79 wrote: What store was this at? The cashier couldn't find a store to price match with at $19.99. Thanks
Barrie ON, Store #006
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1652 posts
262 upvotes
Mepoor wrote: Barrie ON, Store #006
Thanks
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
baijuxp wrote: just talked to a CanadianTire rep about renewing mine and when I asked about the discount, she said that they wont know till 2 days before the black friday flyer. Said is a good time to call in then. Before they used to just match your last years price if you hadnt had any tows but looks like they are tightening the belt now. Their Gold plan is awesome btw if you are in or around GTA.
Subbed to see what Black Friday brings. I got mine last Dec. so need to renew soon
May 30, 2016
71 posts
20 upvotes
Also the product #009-1609-0 36.99$ includes 1 year Road Assistance for free, LINK
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1138 posts
199 upvotes
what version of roadside assitance is included. cant be gold
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Hell No.
CT's incompetent staff isn't going anywhere near my vehicle.
Obviously you will be towed to CT. Waiting for the CT destroyed my car threads after the first snow fall.
Gold Plan members are entitled to five (5) Service
Calls per vehicle registered for every twelve (12)
months period. Limit of one (1) tow per Service
Call.
Registration is not transferable from one
registered vehicle to another.
Unlimited tows to CT folks! Hot deal. Bought 10.
An unlimited number of tows to any Canadian Tire
Service Centre are provided within the distance
limits established in the Plan selected. If you
choose to be towed to a Canadian Tire Service
Centre, the tow does not count against the limit of
Service Calls established in the Plan selected. This
service is limited to one (1) tow per call.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5020 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto
saw this deal last year and signed up but i won't be renewing this yr. Had to get my car towed twice last year. each time had to wait for about 2 hours before someone can come. both time was in the summer, one was around 6am and the other time was around 1pm. they are slower than CAA from my experience.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
FYI, just called to cancel the auto-renewal on my account. Stated the upcoming promo as the reason. Response: you can keep the auto-renewal in place, then call back when the promo is published and get refunded for the difference. Bonus: if they don't have the promo come out for Black Friday, or the discount is lower than acceptable to me (e.g. they change it to 20%), I can also cancel the membership and get a full refund.

This works well for me because it's zero risk, and means I don't lose coverage for the next 10 days. Worth making the call if you're in the same boat.
May 30, 2016
71 posts
20 upvotes
stratux wrote: what version of roadside assitance is included. cant be gold
LINK
It is not gold, not even Silver . Only 2 Service calls are included and they drop your car at CT. I might return the kit and get a refund.
Jan 16, 2005
797 posts
303 upvotes
Return the kit and wait for Gold 50%. RFD teaches patience. I'm waiting for 3rd November renewal at 1/2 price. I never auto renew.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
FrozenPegger wrote: Return the kit and wait for Gold 50%. RFD teaches patience. I'm waiting for 3rd November renewal at 1/2 price. I never auto renew.
What date are you waiting for?
Nov 15, 2017
2 posts
7 upvotes
I called CT (1-888-727-7478) just one minute ago to confirm whether I'm not in auto-renew mode. The agent clearly told me that I'm not and 50% discount will start from November 22nd! However, he couldn't apply this discount to my account today although mine will be expired on November 20th. I have to call it back on/after 22nd.
Jan 21, 2015
102 posts
84 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Kevin2017 wrote: I called CT (1-888-727-7478) just one minute ago to confirm whether I'm not in auto-renew mode. The agent clearly told me that I'm not and 50% discount will start from November 22nd! However, he couldn't apply this discount to my account today although mine will be expired on November 20th. I have to call it back on/after 22nd.
Thanks for info !
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1239 posts
698 upvotes
Edmonton
Kevin2017 wrote: I called CT (1-888-727-7478) just one minute ago to confirm whether I'm not in auto-renew mode. The agent clearly told me that I'm not and 50% discount will start from November 22nd! However, he couldn't apply this discount to my account today although mine will be expired on November 20th. I have to call it back on/after 22nd.
That's great info, thanks.

While we're all waiting, can someone tell me for sure--how does the actual CT Roadside Assistance membership card work? Obviously you need to show your card to receive your member discounts...I only received one card last year though. Since the membership is "by vehicle" rather than "by person", should my wife (who also drives the vehicle) be able to receive a membership card too?
Nov 15, 2017
2 posts
7 upvotes
Yes, your wife can use it. Please remember to leave your CT card into your car. My wife left her car key inside and locked herself outside vehicle - she was able to call CT for opening my car.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6567 posts
4487 upvotes
Toronto
How long does it take before you can use it for a 10km+ tow?
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
BeaverLiquor wrote: How long does it take before you can use it for a 10km+ tow?
It takes 24 hours before you can use it.
<no self promotion>