Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Roadside Assistance Gold Membership, $85 (Save $15)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2015 1:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2002
1846 posts
168 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Roadside Assistance Gold Membership, $85 (Save $15)

Received this in the mail today. Not as good a deal as the 50% savings from a few years ago but probably the best it's going to get this year from Canadian Tire.

CT Roadside Assistance Gold Membership, $85 (Reg $99.95, Save $15)
Call 1-888-727-7478 and quote Promo Code: WINTERDS
Expires January 31, 2015
Includes 1 free oil cahnge and 2 other coupons for $19.99 oil changes

Gold membership includes: http://roadsideassistance.canadiantire. ... ngaPlanNQC
64 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 9, 2003
25085 posts
2267 upvotes
Markham, ON
Mepoor wrote: Received this in the mail today. Not as good a deal as the 50% savings from a few years ago but probably the best it's going to get this year from Canadian Tire.

CT Roadside Assistance Gold Membership, $85 (Reg $99.95, Save $15)
Call 1-888-727-7478 and quote Promo Code: WINTERDS
Expires January 31, 2015
Includes 1 free oil cahnge and 2 other coupons for $19.99 oil changes

Gold membership includes: http://roadsideassistance.canadiantire. ... ngaPlanNQC
when you cancel...they will send you to retentions...you can regotiate aka Rogers retention style.
Member
Apr 23, 2009
294 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
How is their service and response compare to CAA and DAA?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
Anyone have more detail on the oil change? For some car the cost of oil change is worth the price if they includes synthetic oil and filters.

I'm guessing this is just for the service and you have to buy their oil / filter? or you can bring your own?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2002
1846 posts
168 upvotes
ID01 wrote: Anyone have more detail on the oil change? For some car the cost of oil change is worth the price if they includes synthetic oil and filters.

I'm guessing this is just for the service and you have to buy their oil / filter? or you can bring your own?
It's their standard Oil, Lube & Filter. Does not including synthetic oils...
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2002
1846 posts
168 upvotes
Leo168 wrote: How is their service and response compare to CAA and DAA?
Been with CAA, DAA, and CT off and on for 30 years and I've only had good experiences with CT Roadside Assistance.

If you call on a good weather day then they are there in 15-20 minutes. If you call on a winter storm day along with 10,000 other knobs then you wait a 2-4 hours... I would think CT provides a service comparable to all the rest...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2009
2140 posts
601 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Seems like a good deal now that DAA switched up their plan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 27, 2006
4725 posts
139 upvotes
Etobicoke
Does this cover motorcycles too like CAA plus?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3941 posts
3936 upvotes
Muskoka
with CT you pay per vehicle, not per driver.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3007 upvotes
keenland
spotts01 wrote: with CT you pay per vehicle, not per driver.
+1 big difference if you own more than one vehicle
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Wouldn't trust them with a oil change. There is also 15$ off if u have there MasterCard promo is SNOW. I belive
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Jr. Member
Aug 27, 2012
140 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, AB
2013 got the Gold membership for 50% off
2014 said I was going to cancel but politely negotiated for 50% off - CT agreed.
2015 will probably repeat above or jump to TD.

My point: Call at renewal and get 50% off - better than $15 off.

Cheers and good luck all!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2814 posts
1120 upvotes
Whitehorse
anyone know a code for the Costco's SOS?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 20, 2002
2049 posts
33 upvotes
I bought a commuter safety kit from Canadian Tire which includes emergency roadside assistance, then I upgraded to the Gold Plan for only $49.95 (+ HST = $56.44)!
sokolov wrote: anyone know a code for the Costco's SOS?
What is SOS?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5838 posts
702 upvotes
Markham
Portlander wrote: 2013 got the Gold membership for 50% off
2014 said I was going to cancel but politely negotiated for 50% off - CT agreed.
2015 will probably repeat above or jump to TD.

My point: Call at renewal and get 50% off - better than $15 off.

Cheers and good luck all!
hoping to do the same
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10745 posts
5367 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Got the deal earlier in the month and just used the free oil change coupon. Just a reminder that the $15 promo codes end on Jan 31st.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2006
2683 posts
3374 upvotes
Toronto
Mepoor wrote: It's their standard Oil, Lube & Filter. Does not including synthetic oils...
The oil change coupons I got last year when I signed up allow you to have a synthetic oil change done and just pay the difference between the price for a regular and for a synthetic. Likely the same this year.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2008
1556 posts
949 upvotes
Hamilton
Sorry, I do not want to hijack the thread but some roadside assistance kits also offer FREE roadside assistance for a year. Many are reputable companies (Micheline, Motortrend, etc), Anyone tried? Are they good?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)