Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Saeco/Philips 2000 Series Black CMF-One Touch Espresso Machine - 359$

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 8:20 pm
Jan 15, 2016
120 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria, BC
unshavenyak wrote: After four years, our Breville 870XL is dying on us. It's struggling to hold pressure. I was looking at Super Autos, but one that doesn't do milk seems pointless. I think I might just spend the $300 - $500 on a grinder and do pour overs until the wife approves a higher end machine.
Is that the Barista Express you had? I need something for cappuccino
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
unshavenyak wrote: After four years, our Breville 870XL is dying on us. It's struggling to hold pressure. I was looking at Super Autos, but one that doesn't do milk seems pointless. I think I might just spend the $300 - $500 on a grinder and do pour overs until the wife approves a higher end machine.
If its losing/showing inconsistent pressure and makes a buzzing or rattling noise, your solenoid unit needs to be changed. These models are notorious for having crappy ones from factory. Look it up on YouTube. You can even repair it yourself, part is about $100 Canadian, maybe less.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
BernardRyder wrote: If its losing/showing inconsistent pressure and makes a buzzing or rattling noise, your solenoid unit needs to be changed. These models are notorious for having crappy ones from factory. Look it up on YouTube. You can even repair it yourself, part is about $100 Canadian, maybe less.
Yup, it's making that buzzing/rattling sound and losing pressure. I ended up ordering the Saeco, a Baratza Sette, a pour over kit and a Moka pot. May the best man win.
Dec 26, 2006
65 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought one from hamilton for $359 had it shipped for $17, still a great deal.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
DealPanda wrote: Replaced because I got sick and tired of cleaning my steam wand every time after I make a god damn coffee, so went to a second machine with auto milk. Bought one for parent's about 5 years ago. Never had a single problem with Saeco machines.
Appreciate the context. Great to hear!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
I got a call and they said it’s only display model. Is that good?

We’re they all display model?

Can I still return it if I don’t like it?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
They just called me and said the plug is not working.

They can’t sell it.

Just great.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3456 posts
3341 upvotes
Bought this from costco a couple years ago for $399. Ended up needing a replacement because the door that holds the used coffee grinds kept slightly popping open during use so the sensor would trigger and the machine would pause. Fortunately because of the costco return policy I was able to exchange it with no problem.

The second one just stopped working altogether after about 6 months. Again returned it for an full refund. All in all two machines lasted me just over a year. I would not buy again. The build quality seemed cheap. A lot of flimsy plastic parts and plastic clips that wear easily.

I went to a mocca master drop machine and have never looked back.
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
tim-x wrote: . I went to a mocca master drop machine and have never looked back.
Which model?

I'm looking to get a machine that my elderly parents can use as well who are a little bit unsteady with their hands..

Unsure if i should get a super automatic or the moccamaster
Nov 15, 2012
489 posts
657 upvotes
Mississauga
Ungie wrote: This Philips 3100 super automatic with milk carafe also seems to be on clearance. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Thanks!

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/phil ... 1358p.html
I have it, great machine, bought it from Costco.ca, their regular price is the clearance price at CT. Goes on sale for $599 every few months.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Oct 29, 2016
854 posts
492 upvotes
What does the not holding pressure symptom look like? Weak pump? Leak?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3456 posts
3341 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Which model?

I'm looking to get a machine that my elderly parents can use as well who are a little bit unsteady with their hands..

Unsure if i should get a super automatic or the moccamaster
I got the one with the full sized thermal carafe. I would say that as drip coffee makers go, it's a little more complicated than the typical one you could get at canadian tire. The parts are also relatively fragile.
Nov 18, 2006
658 posts
319 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: I ended up ordering the Saeco, a Baratza Sette, a pour over kit and a Moka pot. May the best man win.
Didn't want to try Aeropress in your quest?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
User381589 wrote: What does the not holding pressure symptom look like? Weak pump? Leak?
There's a weird rattling noise, and visually the pressure gauge won't move or just bounces up a bit, but not enough pressure buildup for the water to be pushed through the grinds properly. It's often the solenoid assembly that needs to be replaced.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
tim-x wrote: Bought this from costco a couple years ago for $399. Ended up needing a replacement because the door that holds the used coffee grinds kept slightly popping open during use so the sensor would trigger and the machine would pause. Fortunately because of the costco return policy I was able to exchange it with no problem.

The second one just stopped working altogether after about 6 months. Again returned it for an full refund. All in all two machines lasted me just over a year. I would not buy again. The build quality seemed cheap. A lot of flimsy plastic parts and plastic clips that wear easily.

I went to a mocca master drop machine and have never looked back.
I have a similar model to this, the Talea Ring. Some of the problems and issues you have with Saeco I can totally agree with. Mine had the door issue, but I fixed it by supergluing a stronger magnet to the door since the sensors are magnetic. The build quality is definitely cheaper, they use a lot of plastics that seem to deform in part or scratch and fade easily. The frothing wand is not my favorite, but once you learn the trick to use it is fine.

Despite all this I'd still buy another Saeco superautomatico, especially at this price. The coffee quality is decent, and the machine is easy to use as long as it is maintained and cleaned regularly.
c'mon get happy!
Jul 2, 2005
484 posts
228 upvotes
Mississauga
BernardRyder wrote: There's a weird rattling noise, and visually the pressure gauge won't move or just bounces up a bit, but not enough pressure buildup for the water to be pushed through the grinds properly. It's often the solenoid assembly that needs to be replaced.
Is there still hot water coming out? I had the same issue after 3 years, the unit will not pressurize. When I opened it the thermocouple wire was loose but you cannot buy just the thermocouple, it has to be the full assembly. I bought a used $34 Thermocoil Assembly off ebay and replaced it. So far working good, I used it 4-5x daily.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7362 posts
8433 upvotes
GTA
ezacarias wrote: Is there still hot water coming out? I had the same issue after 3 years, the unit will not pressurize. When I opened it the thermocouple wire was loose but you cannot buy just the thermocouple, it has to be the full assembly. I bought a used $34 Thermocoil Assembly off ebay and replaced it. So far working good, I used it 4-5x daily.
Well the water is hot, but the espresso doesn't taste right, more like drip machine coffee. Its good you fixed yours, I like my Breville since the coffee tastes better than my Saeco. It's just a bit more work than a superautomatico since you have to tamp and empty the grinds manually.
c'mon get happy!
Aug 22, 2005
327 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
nmitrik wrote: I have it, great machine, bought it from Costco.ca, their regular price is the clearance price at CT. Goes on sale for $599 every few months.
It's down to $499 at my local CT.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
mathomas wrote: Didn't want to try Aeropress in your quest?
I already have one. Too inconvenient for multiple cups.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)