Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Saeco/Philips 2000 Series Black CMF-One Touch Espresso Machine - 359$

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 8:20 pm
Jan 22, 2019
435 posts
459 upvotes
My local store as 2, however I can't find a reason to replaced my Breville 870XL. It's still running great after 3+ years.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
Not sure why people say it makes good coffee... my friend has this one in silver, and the coffee is too watery to my taste.

It could be the beans they are using (Lavazza from Costco) but It never tasted nowhere near as real espresso ...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7812 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
djredhat wrote: Not sure why people say it makes good coffee... my friend has this one in silver, and the coffee is too watery to my taste.

It could be the beans they are using (Lavazza from Costco) but It never tasted nowhere near as real espresso ...
I don't know about this unit, but beans make a huge difference. We're pretty much solidly on The Pilot wagon with Balzac as our backup since their Ancaster roaster is in our backyard. Before that, it was Intelligentsia or bust. If we for some odd reason cannot get access to those three, we brew tea*.

*We will of course take whatever is provided if someone hosts or if we are at a restaurant or cafe.
Dec 2, 2007
118 posts
26 upvotes
Burlington
FYI Brantford is showing 2 in stock for those still interested at that sale price.
Jul 12, 2009
86 posts
65 upvotes
Gatineau
And there are are still 3 at $429.93 at the Carling CT in Ottawa, if their stock tracker is reliable...
A hot deal is in the eye of the beholder.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
thanks OP, was able to snatch the last one in quebec at 359$, came out to 433
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8662 upvotes
GTA
djredhat wrote: Not sure why people say it makes good coffee... my friend has this one in silver, and the coffee is too watery to my taste.

I had to play with my Talea's settings quite a bit before I found the coffee wasn't watery. The problem is the puck is rather small, and I think by default the machine uses too much water for such a small amount of beans. But the beans will always make a difference for any machine.
c'mon get happy!
Nov 20, 2015
279 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
unshavenyak wrote: I don't know about this unit, but beans make a huge difference. We're pretty much solidly on The Pilot wagon with Balzac as our backup since their Ancaster roaster is in our backyard. Before that, it was Intelligentsia or bust. If we for some odd reason cannot get access to those three, we brew tea*.

*We will of course take whatever is provided if someone hosts or if we are at a restaurant or cafe.
I tried Pilot's holiday blend and did not like it, went to Sam James instead, which was better. I'll buy a bag of Pilot's heritage blend to compare once I run out. My friend's family run a cafe and they only use Phil & Sebastian. Will see if I can get a bag from them to test out as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7812 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
jamesw99 wrote: I tried Pilot's holiday blend and did not like it, went to Sam James instead, which was better. I'll buy a bag of Pilot's heritage blend to compare once I run out. My friend's family run a cafe and they only use Phil & Sebastian. Will see if I can get a bag from them to test out as well.
Beans are always going to be personal, but The Pilot does a good balance of taste and convenience for us. Out of what is readily available (Lavazza, Detour, Balzac, The Pilot, Intelligentsia), The Pilot came out on top.
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just wanted to know if folks think this is a good deal. This seems to be mixed reviews. I was thinking of getting a Nespresso machine or should I get this instead!?
Mar 18, 2008
550 posts
221 upvotes
iceman2015 wrote: Just wanted to know if folks think this is a good deal. This seems to be mixed reviews. I was thinking of getting a Nespresso machine or should I get this instead!?
You can get better results with a machine like this provided you are using better coffee than what Nespresso offer.
Nov 18, 2014
480 posts
694 upvotes
Calgary, AB
iceman2015 wrote: Just wanted to know if folks think this is a good deal. This seems to be mixed reviews. I was thinking of getting a Nespresso machine or should I get this instead!?
Super Automatics make very good espresso AND are convenient while keeping the cost per cup down. (There is large range in price from this to the top Super Automatics $3-4000! BUT they are all most essentially the same with basically the same basic components with minor differences like automatic milk frothing, digital timers or even control via an iPad for the huge jumps in price)
Manual machines probably make the best espresso if you take care and know/learn how to use them but also take longer (especially if you are making several cups) and less convenient.
Nespresso makes very good espresso, is easy and quick but also quite expensive per cup.
Jan 2, 2011
25 posts
17 upvotes
I would get one, but still showing at 599$ in my area...what gives lol
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I started with a Mokita Combi Super Inox (same as the Lelit pl042 - quaha napolitana) about 16 years ago... Great machine, great coffee, and I still have it as a backup unit.

Then about 10 years ago, I got the Saeco Vienna Deluxe (actually was given to me by a good friend - since his wife had switched and using their nespresso machine more than this). In the 10 years that I've owned the unit, I've only had 2 issues with it. First time, it was a power filter which fried (was about $25 for the part directly from Saeco), and took me about 15 minutes to replace. This was due to a problematic neutral from Hydro lines into house. So I'm glad the filter failed instead of the machine.
Then the second time was about 2 weeks ago, when the plastic thumbscrew on the top of the brew group which holds the top shower screen in place, ended up snapping. Cost me a whole $3.50 from Saeco, and installed in about 2 minutes.

Machine makes 2 or 3 shots a day on weekdays, and about 5 or 6 a day on weekends. Works like a charm, simple to use, and consistent. I use mostly filtered water in it, and I clean it with Dezcal (which I buy the bulk pack from amazon) for cheap [under $5 for 7oz]. The single use packets are 1oz/L - so I use the same ratio].

I would not hesitate in buying another Saeco unit, should this unit fail beyond repair.

The Mokita Combi makes great shots also, and you have more control over the whole process. But, shear laziness for daily use, wins and the automatic saeco gets used most often.

PS: If you are in the Montreal/Laval area, I have noticed that "bestcost eelctronique" seems to have nice prices on these machines. They have quite a few at decent prices. Some are refurb, some are open box, some are new. They come with 6 to 12 month warranties. NOTE: I have not purchased from them, and have no affiliation with them. I've just been looking at what they have, and would possibly consider buying from them, since they are about 10% cheaper than even the Saeco refurb prices direct from factory.
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks guys for the comments. So last question for those folks that have this machine. Any issue with the longevity of it?
Jun 3, 2007
28 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
anhtuanngo wrote: I would get one, but still showing at 599$ in my area...what gives lol
I'm pretty sure that if you can find a store that has it in stock, you can order it delivered to your house for a fee of $17.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2443 posts
1043 upvotes
marc_t wrote: thanks OP, was able to snatch the last one in quebec at 359$, came out to 433
Wow, you guys pay that much more in taxes? I got the last $359 in Vancouver area but it was $404 after taxes
Last edited by jon604 on Jan 21st, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
yeah sales tax is crazy in Quebec... 14.975%
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Oct 13, 2016
213 posts
172 upvotes
Never hurts to ask as I was able to get a price match to $329 in Calgary even though the store I initially ordered a pickup from at that price cancelled it. I wont rub in what our sales tax is on top of that... :D

I also tried to price match the 3100 to $500 but I could only find stores in BC and Manitoba that had that price so they wouldn't do it.