Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Locked: Scott’s Weed-B-Gon 1litre concentrate $29.93 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 8:23 am
Mar 16, 2006
343 posts
344 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Scott’s Weed-B-Gon 1litre concentrate $29.93 YMMV

In-store Product discontinuation. This is the concentrated form that you can dilute to the strength you want. This 4.43% concentration product is rapidly disappearing. Scott’s is replacing it with a new branded Weed-B-Gon MAX with a drastically reduced concentration of only 2% chelated iron. Note I am not a fan of the pre-mix product which was only 0.25% chelated iron.

Note the better discontinued product varies in price at different CTC outlets so definitely YMMV.
Weed-B-Gone Concentrate $29.93.
182 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
amac wrote:
This 4.43% concentration product is rapidly disappearing. Scott’s is replacing it with a new branded Weed-B-Gon MAX with a drastically reduced concentration of only 2% chelated iron.
Ugh, even at ~4% and diluted this stuff is expensive and ineffective. The 2% is going to be terrible. All the more reason to find a source of Killex or Par3.

[EDIT] Stocktrack link
Sep 26, 2019
222 posts
123 upvotes
Montreal,QC
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Ugh, even at ~4% and diluted this stuff is expensive and ineffective. The 2% is going to be terrible. All the more reason to find a source of Killex or Par3.

[EDIT] Stocktrack link
Well the problem is: where can we find those 2 ( killex or par3)?
May 26, 2014
253 posts
353 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
This stuff is not effective. They have to sell it after the good broadleaf herbicides got outlawed for us peasants. Golf courses though, of course! Couldn't force the politicians to play golf with those god awful dandelions. Every farmer outside of town has an absolutely stunning lawn as well, since agriculture is still allowed to use it. I fully understand that it's required for no-till farming. Great, but why would you outlaw it for the tiny percentage of suburbanites when the vast, vast majority of usage is giant farm fields?

Boils my blood. Rant over.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
puscasuvasile636554926884440997 wrote: Well the problem is: where can we find those 2 ( killex or par3)?
Lawn Products or Amazon for Killex at inflated prices, but will ship anywhere in Canada. Usually eBay for Par3.

In some provinces, Canadian Tire or Home Depot will sell you Killex for 'poison ivy at the cottage', but you would have to buy in store and have a compliant staff member.
pencil364 wrote: Boils my blood. Rant over.
I tend to agree. But some blame also goes to idiots who don't use the product properly. It is dangerous at high concentrations.
Sep 24, 2015
26 posts
22 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Do you guys know any product that works against crab grass? I doubt this one does
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2265 posts
2729 upvotes
dealophil wrote: Do you guys know any product that works against crab grass? I doubt this one does
Doesn't exist, just overseed like crazy. Been doing research on pre emergents and corn meal doesn't work, which is the only legally allowed product in Ontario
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Dec 25, 2012
824 posts
1289 upvotes
Ontario
weed b gone is garbage! Don't waste your money and time on this water. KILLEX all the way, never had any weeds on the lawn after using Killex. I do 2 treatments, one in spring and one in fall for a weed free grass. Buy the container with the hose attachment so you can just attach it to your hose and spray the lawn. Only $16-18 at local Home Depot or CT (more expensive). There is a reason why Killex is locked up at the store and needs staff to open it and ask you questions. Usually it's a kid who doesn't care and I just buy a bunch at once. I will never waste money and time with anything other then Killex for weeds
Dec 5, 2010
124 posts
58 upvotes
Kitchener
Also on sale at TCS for $31.99 if having trouble finding it at CT.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9134 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
raskal wrote: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kill ... p.html#srp

or is there a different Killex product that's better?
Interesting. I thought Killex was banned years ago in Ontario. (Hence, all the dandelions growing every Springtime)
Unless this is a different chemical formulation from previous version when it was still allowed to be used.
😎
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2265 posts
2729 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Interesting. I thought Killex was banned years ago in Ontario. (Hence, all the dandelions growing every Springtime)
Unless this is a different chemical formulation from previous version when it was still allowed to be used.
It's not in stock in Ontario
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Dec 18, 2009
56 posts
97 upvotes
Winnipeg
Weed B Gone is terrible, I bought Killex last year at Canadian Tire, just tell the customer rep. you use it for poison ivy and they'll sell it to you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8423 posts
4666 upvotes
Durham
Thank goodness that I haven't had much to fight with for the last few years.

However this year, I had some weeds in the front lawn and went with these "illegal" ones and it sure is great seeing brown spots now (gives me more work to do ... Hahaha) :

IMG_20200514_072001.jpg

Only used it for the front lawn on the three sections that I don't take care of much. My main lawn at the front looks great!

IMG_20200519_073612.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
micromen wrote: . KILLEX all the way, never had any weeds on the lawn after using Killex. I do 2 treatments, one in spring and one in fall for a weed free grass. Buy the container with the hose attachment so you can just attach it to your hose and spray the lawn.
This is why Killex has been outlawed in so many provinces.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
So it seems like most would recommend killex? Is this equivalent to Spectracide. Had my lawn reseeded and aerated. Have ton of weeds. Will Killex work better then Spectracide? Don’t want to make a trip down south (when borders open) for Spectracide or something equivalent.

Shipping with Lawn products is expensive. Might buy if someone wants to split costs. Located in Milton.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
jdmfishingonly wrote: Thank goodness that I haven't had much to fight with for the last few years.

However this year, I had some weeds in the front lawn and went with these "illegal" ones and it sure is great seeing brown spots now (gives me more work to do ... Hahaha) :

IMG_20200514_072001.jpg

Only used it for the front lawn on the three sections that I don't take care of much. My main lawn at the front looks great!

IMG_20200519_073612.jpg
Where did you get them from and where are you located?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2003
1000 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
Anywhere to get Weed and Feed??
Feb 14, 2005
872 posts
168 upvotes
micromen wrote: KILLEX all the way, never had any weeds on the lawn after using Killex. Buy the container with the hose attachment so you can just attach it to your hose and spray the lawn. Only $16-18 at local Home Depot or CT (more expensive).
If your lawn isn't too big, you'd be better off cost and environmental-wise using a handheld pump sprayer. Easily 2 bottles Vs 1 capful of this stuff for my lawn. Also, it is a good idea to add a surfactant into the mix so it sticks to the weed leaves. Otherwise, the droplets will just roll off.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6106 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
I use some vinegar, water and dishsoap. Very lightly. Does the job.