Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Select Michelin X-Ice Xi3 winter tires on Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 2:03 pm
Oct 25, 2019
206 posts
66 upvotes
what sre you guys thoughts on all weather tires? I just got a set 4 new for a kicking price. Good Year plus a MIR of $100.

I thought it saves the hassle of replacing g tires every season. Thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8503 posts
4336 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: Is there a way to check ALL the Clearance tires?!

When I click on the Clearance link it shows me a bunch of good prices but when I choose tire sizes they are not consistent.
I want to be able to look at ALL of the discounted tires classified according to whatever Clearance prices the tires are (i.e. 205-55-16 or 225-70-18 would show up together because they are both on Clearance even though they are different brands, models, etc...)
This is why I hate crappy tire site, and whom ever designed it. Impossible to get a breakdown price by sizes. Must choose a vehicle first.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7138 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
boyoflondon wrote: This is why I hate crappy tire site, and whom ever designed it. Impossible to get a breakdown price by sizes. Must choose a vehicle first.
Right! And their site gives the wrong sizes for my Sonata, so I can't even find the right tires!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7007 posts
1856 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
boyoflondon wrote: This is why I hate crappy tire site, and whom ever designed it. Impossible to get a breakdown price by sizes. Must choose a vehicle first.
Seriously. They're assuming everyone has the stock sizes
Jul 16, 2012
244 posts
125 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
nev wrote: Hmm, these or the new X-Ice Snow?
In my size it's $800 for the x-ice Xi3 from CT, or $900 for x-ice snow (after MIR) from blackcircles.

I checked a lot of reviews and the new model seems to offer a lot of value, better performance & longer life so I'm leaning towards that.
FWIW, I put a set of the new XIce Snows on my wife's CX5 this morning. Owner of the shop I go to commented on how these are definitely improved over the previous XIce (which I have on my car) and how I should be real happy with them
Feb 25, 2004
341 posts
268 upvotes
Montreal
OasisUK wrote: FWIW, I put a set of the new XIce Snows on my wife's CX5 this morning. Owner of the shop I go to commented on how these are definitely improved over the previous XIce (which I have on my car) and how I should be real happy with them
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I went with the X-ice Snow.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1263 posts
233 upvotes
Vancouver
mythical wrote: what sre you guys thoughts on all weather tires? I just got a set 4 new for a kicking price. Good Year plus a MIR of $100.

All weather tires will perform slightly better in the snow than all seasons but no where near as good as a dedicated snow tire. So if your satisfied/comfortable with mediocre performance than keep the all weather but if you want the best and safest than get a premium snow tire.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1948 posts
1397 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a set for 225/60/r17 for pickup hopefully they have it.

Where do you guys buy cheap wheels to mount it ?
Nov 4, 2011
612 posts
365 upvotes
YYZ
mythical wrote: what sre you guys thoughts on all weather tires? I just got a set 4 new for a kicking price. Good Year plus a MIR of $100.

Lol, all-seasons are the bare minimum to use them all year round. In the first winter of all-seasons, they'll be pretty good, but as they get older they definitely won't perform as good as dedicated winter tires.

That being said, I'd consider skipping winter tires this year if you don't need to go out much with Covid. In a normal winter with commuting to work, grocery shopping, social events, there's a greater chance I'd need to go out during winter. This year, probably can wait until roads are clear (assuming you live in a city with mild winters).
Oct 25, 2019
206 posts
66 upvotes
zappy312 wrote: Lol, all-seasons are the bare minimum to use them all year round. In the first winter of all-seasons, they'll be pretty good, but as they get older they definitely won't perform as good as dedicated winter tires.

That being said, I'd consider skipping winter tires this year if you don't need to go out much with Covid. In a normal winter with commuting to work, grocery shopping, social events, there's a greater chance I'd need to go out during winter. This year, probably can wait until roads are clear (assuming you live in a city with mild winters).
I was talking about All Weather.. not All Season.. I got the All Weather tires.. They have the snow flake symbol..
Feb 25, 2018
29 posts
32 upvotes
419justblaz wrote: Picked up my set just now.

They’re 95H not 89H, which is better. DOT is 0919 - not too thrilled but also not terrible.
Just got my set also DOT 3419. I'm ok with it.
Feb 11, 2016
40 posts
76 upvotes
Kduber wrote: Just got my set also DOT 3419. I'm ok with it.
I got 3 with DOT 2619 and one 2718. Should I try to exchange the one that's 2718?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18779 posts
8453 upvotes
Oakville

I've had all weather tires before (actual "all weather" tires, not "all season" tires which are really only "3 season" tires). They're definitely not as good as actual snow tires in the winter, but if you're not driving a ton and don't get a lot of really extreme weather, they're fine. If you get tons of snow/icy weather and regularly drive a lot in such weather, snow tires are still the way to go IMO.
newt_101 wrote: Seriously. They're assuming everyone has the stock sizes
Weird - both of my vehicles (2019 Sienna and 2020 Stinger) were given more than one size option (equivalent sizes that I double checked will work with my vehicles).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7007 posts
1856 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
wearysky wrote: Weird - both of my vehicles (2019 Sienna and 2020 Stinger) were given more than one size option (equivalent sizes that I double checked will work with my vehicles).
I had the same option with both my cars (Accord and Miata) but those options are still from the sizes that the manufacturers recommend for the model lineups - if you had changed the rims or OE setup, and can accommodate minor changes in tire specs (i.e. 45 instead of 55, or 195 instead of 205) then it's not helpful at all.