[Canadian Tire] Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Stick-Vac - $134.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 4:29 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2003
120 posts
43 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Stick-Vac - $134.99

Before posting, I figured it would be best to first buy this to try it out. Having used this I can say that this is a an excellent vacuum. Suction is great. It comes with a lot of attachments allowing this to be a nice hand held for car/stairs as well a really good floor and carpet cleaner. Quite light and easy to maneuver. The only negatives is that it is corded and emptying the container is a bit tricky. Really surprised/impressed with it especially at this price point. Overall an excellent deal IMO.
8 replies
Dec 31, 2018
95 posts
179 upvotes
I had this vacuum before my current one. It was great for about 4 months and then it just started losing suction. Would leave a line of dirt on my rug where the rollers were... I finally got so frustrated vacuuming the same spot over and over again I drove out and bought a new upright Bissell swivel right after vacuuming with this, the canister had so much dirt in it that this shark rocket had missed!! My best friend had bought the exact same one as me at the same sale and she had the same experience I did...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8162 posts
2852 upvotes
Mississauga
Nibbsie wrote: I had this vacuum before my current one. It was great for about 4 months and then it just started losing suction. Would leave a line of dirt on my rug where the rollers were... I finally got so frustrated vacuuming the same spot over and over again I drove out and bought a new upright Bissell swivel right after vacuuming with this, the canister had so much dirt in it that this shark rocket had missed!! My best friend had bought the exact same one as me at the same sale and she had the same experience I did...
Did you try cleaning the filters? They get clogged and affect the suction performance.

I have a different model of the rocket stick vac and after cleaning the filter it's as good as new.
Dec 31, 2018
95 posts
179 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Did you try cleaning the filters? They get clogged and affect the suction performance.

I have a different model of the rocket stick vac and after cleaning the filter it's as good as new.
I did, I actually took the whole thing apart and cleaned the whole thing and put it back together and it still sucked but not the way it should LOL.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1778 posts
291 upvotes
Alberta
Still happy with mine, but I don't have much carpet.
Aug 26, 2018
10 posts
8 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Did you try cleaning the filters? They get clogged and affect the suction performance.

I had this vacuum for 1 day and quickly returned it. Once you have owned a Miele or Dyson you just can't go back to these cheap vacuums. Costco has an amazing deal on a Miele canister vacuum combo right now for $389 in store; these typically go for $600 or more for a similar combo. Miele's are know to last for up to 20 years, have the greatest suction, quietest motors and the best filtration in the business. Only reason why I gave this Shark a try was because of the price and I needed a quick replacement for a Dyson that broke down after 10 years. ( FYI Miele is way better than Dyson). The following day after I had purchased the Shark I was at Costco and as soon as I saw the Miele I bought it and back went the Shark. Never been happier.
Dec 16, 2006
99 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this for a few years and I love it. Though, admittedly, I've never tried a Miele or Dyson so I can't compare. I don't have carpet; just laminate floors.

It's got plenty of attachments, and incredibly easy to empty the dust cup. Note that it's very top heavy and doesn't stand upright on its own.
Apr 1, 2015
844 posts
458 upvotes
NOYB
The suction is great but there are two (minor) issues of this vacuum:
- cup is hard to clean. it's difficult to reach in for dirt and debris in the corner
- lid snap is easy to break

I bought one as it was on sale. But next time I would prolly go back to Bissell