• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 9:50 am
[OP]
Aug 15, 2017
8 posts
21 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Shark RV750 Robot Vacuum 179.93$

Stocktrack link: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0438489

The Shark RV871C is also on sale for 199$: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0438285

The roombas are also on sale:
Roomba i7 (499$): https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0436898
Roomba i7+ (699$): https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0436897

I was originally going to buy a roomba but I saw the price of the shark and decided that for my apartment with hard floors it was probably good enough.

Be sure to ask someone if you can't find any on the floor, at my canadian tire the guy had to go get the box from the back.
Thread Summary
Not sure what to look for? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best robot vacuums!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2003 posts
1107 upvotes
I have the older version with the dedicated app

Honestly Id rather just vacuum. I know others love their robo vacs but it was probably the worst home purchase for me.

Shark did a great job on it (and believe me, Im a Shark fan boy) but nothing ever replaces regimented cleaning with a vacuum and a mop. Im a bit of a clean freak and it pisses me off when I see there was a particle missed
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1366 posts
2161 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: . Im a bit of a clean freak and it pisses me off when I see there was a particle missed
Monica?
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3026 posts
6109 upvotes
I have this, while it works fine for what it is, better robot vacuums exist for not *that* much more money. I would probably tell you to skip this and buy those other ones instead.
Feb 13, 2016
522 posts
687 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I have this, while it works fine for what it is, better robot vacuums exist for not *that* much more money. I would probably tell you to skip this and buy those other ones instead.
Could you recommend one ?
Aug 24, 2009
142 posts
101 upvotes
Beamsville, ontario
I just picked this up too (you beat me to the post!) - with having a cat that sheds a lot, I'm looking forward to running this daily while I'm asleep just to help keep up on the housework! Reviews online are good, so I'm excited to see how it performs long term
Aug 30, 2018
438 posts
192 upvotes
Brampton
Any recommendations? I'm looking for a robo vac
Jan 12, 2017
334 posts
676 upvotes
this model has no map or smart navigation. Maybe just a good cheap option for small space.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2017
8 posts
21 upvotes
I charged the RV750 which took about 3 hours and then tried it out. Pressed the button and it just went randomly everywhere bouncing around. It cleaned pretty much everywhere it could go in the apartment and then automatically went back to the charging station. I have some LAN cables on the floor and it didn't get stuck in them. It only got stuck when it accidentally wandered into my messy room because I had left the door open. It got stuck on my mess of computer wires, it might have gotten unstuck on its own eventually but I didn't want it to pull too hard on anything so I grabbed it.

My floor is vinyl and it seems to remove all the dust, hairs and other bits perfectly.

For my 900sqft apartment it pretty much cleans everywhere except where it doesn't fit but I'm not sure how the random navigation would work in bigger spaces.

I noticed a bit of long hair got tangled in the brush but it's easy to remove the brush from the robot and untangle it so not a huge problem.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1366 posts
2161 upvotes
vader_slri wrote: “Renewed”
You can always pay the $27 for a 3 year Amazon extended warranty. In the end, still good value.
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Aug 30, 2018
438 posts
192 upvotes
Brampton
vader_slri wrote: “Renewed”
The new version has a $60 coupon on page. Effectively nullifies buying renewed