[Canadian Tire] Sharp 4K Roku Smart TV, 58-in - 419.99

"Special Buy"
Smh
Thread Summary
55 replies
Nov 21, 2016
102 posts
46 upvotes
How is Sharp's quality recently? I think the Japan Sharp licensed the manufacture to China Company
Zoomer - 4G unlimited call loyalty plan for $36
Public Mobile - 100 min/250M data for $13 as 2019 spring
Apr 19, 2020
16 posts
5 upvotes
Not worth buying cheap tvs buy a good brand
I got a free cheap ones they don't look good paid around 800 for 65 and so much better and can get at Costco for good warrenty
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5001 posts
2866 upvotes
M-Arkham
nimenkanne wrote: How is Sharp's quality recently? I think the Japan Sharp licensed the manufacture to China Company
in North America, all the Sharp TVs are made by Hisense
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Mar 23, 2018
157 posts
42 upvotes
How does this compare with the Hisense Q7G in the other Costco thread? Aside from the 3” size difference?
Dec 24, 2005
434 posts
62 upvotes
I can't find reviews on this anywhere. I'll be going in to see it tomorrow. HDR, UHD, 60Hz.....seems almost too good to be true.
May 29, 2017
344 posts
136 upvotes
Canada
following, waiting for one of you guys to review it.

Seems on best buy.com its 4.6/5 based on 1400+ reviews.
Jan 25, 2018
36 posts
15 upvotes
Saw this tonight. I’m looking for a cheap tv to use outside (with the hopes of sports coming back). Think this might fit the bill.
May 23, 2013
36 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I have this one. It's not bad, I think I paid a similar price for it during boxing day. I probably need to get a soundbar to maximize my viewing experience. Only wish that it had chromecast capabilities and one more HDMI port.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6247 posts
2854 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Why does everyone like smart TV now?
I like dumb TV with a good TV box more.
And what happen to the Audio output? Most TV do not have audio output these days.
How are you suppose to connect to speakers?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Dec 24, 2005
434 posts
62 upvotes
followifyoulead wrote: I have this one. It's not bad, I think I paid a similar price for it during boxing day. I probably need to get a soundbar to maximize my viewing experience. Only wish that it had chromecast capabilities and one more HDMI port.
Is the technology significantly older than what TV's are like now? I have no clue the release date on this model.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1619 posts
217 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Why does everyone like smart TV now?
And what happen to the Audio output? Most TV do not have audio output these days.
Audio out from HDMI and Optical, you need external DAC if your speakers only take analog in.
May 23, 2013
36 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
sportznutt wrote: Is the technology significantly older than what TV's are like now? I have no clue the release date on this model.
It’s not “cutting-edge”, but it is 4K and HDR. HDR’s probably not gonna rate too high by AV diehards but it’s pretty standard for today I think. It’s good if you want 4K but don’t want to spend too much. Picture is pretty good, wifi’s not bad - but Roku doesn’t have a Crave app or Chromecast.
Mar 15, 2005
641 posts
463 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Why does everyone like smart TV now?
I have 3 nvidia sheilds in my home. I recently bought a TCL 6 series thinking i would hook up the nvidia shield to it. After playing with the build it roku, i decided to repurpose the nvidia sheild elsewhere. Roku is extremely capable, very clean, decent. Not as snappy as nvidia shield but for a TV for the den, its clean and has access to Plex/livetv amazon/disney+/netflix

I had a spare denon 4520ci receiver circa 2012 (pre atmos days) that i used to drive surround sound for that tv. There are 2 options to hook it up. the first is using the optical cable, but i recommend giving HDMI ARC (audio return channel) a shot. You need to enable HDMI CEC on both the tv and the receiver. Some have issues with CEC, but it works flawlessly for me. It allows 2 way data transfer across a single HDMI cable. I can use it from the Receiver outputting to the TV, but it also will push audio from the TV to the receiver. HDMI arc supports higher bandwitdth than optical (allowing you for higher quality sound formats like dolby trueHD/DTS MA) In addition, I thought i would need a harmony remote. I was pleasantly surprised when the little TCL tv remote automagically turns the receiver on/off and controls the volume on the receiver via HDMI-cec negating the need for a smart remote.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1277 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
nimenkanne wrote: How is Sharp's quality recently? I think the Japan Sharp licensed the manufacture to China Company
Outside of North America, Sharp is made/owned by the Taiwanese company Foxconn