Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Simoniz Microfibre towels 36pack $9.99 originally $22.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 9:44 am
62 replies
Nov 27, 2016
138 posts
301 upvotes
Awesome deal, I think who ever took the 2nd picture likes Microsoft a bit Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1423 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
I hate these towels after using the Costco yellow ones. If my memory serves me right, Costco towels are only a bit more expensive.

They are considerably thinner and smaller than the Costco ones. If you are using it for small jobs it’s fine, but don’t expect to dry or buff you car with these...
Nov 23, 2016
55 posts
70 upvotes
Brampton
heymanwuzup wrote: I hate these towels after using the Costco yellow ones. If my memory serves me right, Costco towels are only a bit more expensive.

They are considerably thinner and smaller than the Costco ones. If you are using it for small jobs it’s fine, but don’t expect to dry or buff you car with these...
I've never used the Costco ones, but I find these far better than Amazon's quality
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2775 posts
1995 upvotes
serialKickerr wrote: I've never used the Costco ones, but I find these far better than Amazon's quality
O have both! I prefer costco. Costco ones are thicker, higher quality and absorbs more water.
This simoniz felt like disposable to me. This is a good price though.
Jan 1, 2016
318 posts
469 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mrrfdxyz wrote: O have both! I prefer costco. Costco ones are thicker, higher quality and absorbs more water.
This simoniz felt like disposable to me. This is a good price though.
Why does it come in a pack of 36? Are they not disposable?
Nov 23, 2016
55 posts
70 upvotes
Brampton
SuperOxide wrote: Why does it come in a pack of 36? Are they not disposable?
I've always used them as disposable. Will dispose faster at this price
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2775 posts
1995 upvotes
SuperOxide wrote: Why does it come in a pack of 36? Are they not disposable?
Both Costco and canadiantire simoniz can be reused. I will most likely use simoniz to clean dirty rims during carwash. Instead of rewashing it, I dispose it because it's so dirty.
headhunt3r wrote: Do the Costco ones ever go on sale?
Yes it does.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1321 posts
1387 upvotes
Bought these last year for same price plus points promo. Returned them. Costco ones are much better as people have pointed out. I’ve washed the Costco ones regularly and they continue to perform quite well. Have a stack for car washes. Stack I use for cleaning around the house. And a stack I use mostly for windows. They had an executive coupon a while back. Bought three packages. Should be good for 10 years or more.

I wouldn’t waste your money. If you only want to spend $10, then split a pack of Costco ones with somebody. You won’t regret it.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4532 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
These are great for car cleaning, although they're usually on sale for around $15. Use these as disposable once they get dirty, didn't want all the car chemical stuff in the laundry machine.

Never used the Costco ones before (or even seen them at the Costco I go to) so can't comment on the difference.
Dec 21, 2016
156 posts
676 upvotes
Good deal for disposable towels.

If you are planning on washing these or any microfibre towel make sure not to use hot water or heat when drying to make them last longer.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2737 posts
1651 upvotes
Ontario
These are great for jambs, wheels, and interiors. not so much for paint (to thin for that unless maybe an emergency quick detailer or spot touchup etc.)
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
I used these to wash the car many years ago before I had a costco membership.

I remember going through 3 cloths per side of the car when trying to dry or buff with it. They're good for the price though, and work great for smaller parts, and around the house too (kitchen rough use and then one last use on something like a toilet before disposing).

These days it's just the costco ones for the car, and for things like wiping down or buffing counteracts.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2178 posts
1396 upvotes
Sask
Mistro wrote: I used these to wash the car many years ago before I had a costco membership.

I remember going through 3 cloths per side of the car when trying to dry or buff with it. They're good for the price though, and work great for smaller parts, and around the house too (kitchen rough use and then one last use on something like a toilet before disposing).

These days it's just the costco ones for the car, and for things like wiping down or buffing counteracts.
Where in Costco are they usually stocked? Automotive or house cleaning aisle?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1331 posts
1536 upvotes
I'm concerned by the amount of people saying these are disposable.

Wash. Reuse. Repurpose.
Feb 6, 2015
225 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary
ReadAllTheDeals wrote: I'm concerned by the amount of people saying these are disposable.

Wash. Reuse. Repurpose.
Yeah... Me too. I don't even use cotton rags for painting and such because they take years to decompose in the landfill.

Don't get me wrong, I love and detail my car too. And not saying we should find for a more Eco-friendly alternative... Just a more Eco-friendly approach? It's also less costly for all of those RFDers out there!

For rims, I use a microfiber brush intended for tire cleaning; wash with warm water, dry, and store in a Ziploc bag for the next year. It's intended to loosen up dirt such that rims can be rinsed off with a hose.

Microfiber clothes can be washed easily. Throw in the washer, but not together with other laundry to avoid lint from sticking to it, and use only warm water. If you use a dryer, use the air dry setting. Excessive heat causes fibres of microfiber towels to curl at the ends, which reduces the "tacky property" or "dust capturing" property of the towel.

And honestly, if you don't like your towels looking dirty, just buy black ones haha! It's been years since I bought new towels.

If you want towels better than Costco's, and ones good enough you wouldn't want to throw away, spend your money on some Chemical Guys towels (search on Amazon and wait for sales or Amazon prime days). Even more thick and plush than Costco's - it's oddly satisfying. Although, not necessary.
Last edited by Silverfox555 on Jul 11th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)