[Canadian Tire] Stolen / misplaced online pickup order

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2020 8:36 pm
[OP]
Oct 4, 2010
9 posts
18 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Stolen / misplaced online pickup order

Went to Canadian Tire to pick up my online order and the staff insisted it has already been picked up.

Went home dumbfounded and checked my CT account which said the order was indeed picked up by someone at 7am. I didn't know CT open that early, I guess someone really wants that tricycle...

Tried calling the store but obviously no one is working the phone for all the right reason. Also called CT financial service and the kind lady redirect me back to the store. So I am back at square one.

How often does this happen and are there any recourse?
Images
  • Untitled.png
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16057 posts
17354 upvotes
Oakville
Probably just a typo from the store staff. If store doesn't help you, do a card charge back. They have no evidence that you picked it up.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13877 posts
8943 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Welp, sounds like customer service at CT messed up, probably gave your order away. Why didn't you talk with the manager?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7096 posts
1790 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased sportchek GC this morning, before CT employee release it to me, he asked me to show him the credit card I used to pay when I call them for a curbside pickup.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14760 posts
27812 upvotes
Scarborough
I've only done one curbside pickup order at Canadian Tire since this situation started and it went fine. I'm not shocked to hear that they might be making more mistakes like this now though.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 30, 2001
28532 posts
7716 upvotes
Toronto
when i did a pickup they had to scan the qr code in my confirmation email before they went inside to grab my order so it's weird your order was marked as completed.
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
[OP]
Oct 4, 2010
9 posts
18 upvotes
Finally got a call back from the store manager at 8pm. Talk about dedication. Turns out there was a mixed up and another customer who also ordered a tricycle. I would never expect tricycle is the new toilet paper.
So it all sorted out in the end. Talking to the store manager definitely helps.